TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 169 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #1081
clintavila

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgoodman View Post
I'll do for you what another forum user did for me, which is recommend you file a complaint with the FCC. My months of runaround quickly turned into Comcast calling and calling ME to talk about upgrading my firmware, rather than the other way around! I think it was under 2 weeks from their first response to my complaint until they upgraded me. (And most of that was my delay in getting back to them!)

Look back in this thread for my other posts for what might be helpful information in your case.
Thanks bmgoodman. That is my next step. She actually finally responded again today and said she would look into it again as to why there is such a delay in me getting the firmware.

I remember reading in the recent TiVo quarterly report that TiVo users would all be getting the Comcast VOD feature activated on June 30th. I wonder A) if it will happen and B) If the newest firmware will come with it. It sure would be awesome to finally have VOD capability and all 6 tuners working. Crazy what a mess my upgrading from a TiVo Premiere to a Roamio Pro created.
clintavila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #1082
hornmustang

I got the Comcast VOD app last month but no cable card firmware upgrade. You don't need updated firmware for the VOD app. VOD app works great. 6 tuners not so much.
hornmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #1083
clintavila

Thumbs up Finally!

Good news. I got the firmware update.. Finally! It appears to have downloaded several hours ago. Gosh and it only took 3 months and 18 emails. Ugh!

I am happy to report that for the first time since I purchased my TiVo Roamio Pro all 6 tuners are working and all channels seem to be tuning perfectly. I tested and had 6 shows recording simultaneously. Hooray! Boy this was a really painful process but I am happy that I can finally use my cable and TiVo to its full potential.

I hope Comcast finishes this firmware roll out sooner than later and ends the misery and frustration we TiVo users are experiencing.
clintavila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #1084
c_tripps_2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintavila View Post
Good news. I got the firmware update.. Finally! It appears to have downloaded several hours ago. Gosh and it only took 3 months and 18 emails. Ugh!

I am happy to report that for the first time since I purchased my TiVo Roamio Pro all 6 tuners are working and all channels seem to be tuning perfectly. I tested and had 6 shows recording simultaneously. Hooray! Boy this was a really painful process but I am happy that I can finally use my cable and TiVo to its full potential.

I hope Comcast finishes this firmware roll out sooner than later and ends the misery and frustration we TiVo users are experiencing.
Comcast will just find another way to make its customers miserable. Raise prices, implement data caps....... Where there's a will there's a way.
c_tripps_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #1085
mike-d

1201??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pejota View Post
It's definitely 1201, with a build date of 3/12/14. So far it's been smooth sailing.
I am still at 1.5.3 1101. I am in the Baltimore/Westminster area, where are you located? I got to 1101 after a lot of work with comcast. They often say that cable cards are not supported anymore...
mike-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #1086
timroycny

I've just installed my TIVO Roamio Plus last night and a TIVO Mini. I have 1.5.2 3001 and my VOD feature is active and i was able to call up an episode of The Americans no problem. Just waiting on new firmware so I can have the correct number of streams. If I have TV on my main box and the mini and then record something I am then no longer authorized for view on my other streams.
timroycny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #1087
pshivers
Retired!

Next time a cable company states they no longer support CableCards, ask them to please put that new policy in writing as the FCC would be very interested in their decision not to follow Federal Regulations...
Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

pshivers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #1088
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshivers View Post
Next time a cable company states they no longer support CableCards, ask them to please put that new policy in writing as the FCC would be very interested in their decision not to follow Federal Regulations...
Bazinga!
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #1089
timroycny

After posting to twitter Comcast Cares, emailing (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com), opening a ticket with the normal Comcast phone support people and opening a FCC cablecard complaint I got a call from a local Executive Support Rep the next day while I was at work. He forwarded my info to the national engineer team while I was at work and he followed up with an email. By the time I got home that night I was able to view content on all 6 streams. I verified by recording 6 HD upper level channels and then played them all back after the fact and each was flawless. So far no more "your not authorized" messages even while having the Roaomio and the Mini up at the same time while recording other shows.

It should be noted that while I requested he see about getting them to upgrade my Cisco Card to the 1.5.3 firmware they did not. Whatever they did in the background to fix it wasn't related to firmware on my device. Perhaps they had to flag my account in the correct way or change something at a local head-end. Ill post here if I get any word back on what the fix was.

Last edited by timroycny : 06-04-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #1090
HazelW

Quote:
Originally Posted by timroycny View Post
After posting to twitter Comcast Cares, emailing (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com), opening a ticket with the normal Comcast phone support people and opening a FCC cablecard complaint I got a call from a local Executive Support Rep the next day while I was at work. He forwarded my info to the national engineer team while I was at work and he followed up with an email. By the time I got home that night I was able to view content on all 6 streams. I verified by recording 6 HD upper level channels and then played them all back after the fact and each was flawless. So far no more "your not authorized" messages even while having the Roaomio and the Mini up at the same time while recording other shows.

It should be noted that while I requested he see about getting them to upgrade my Cisco Card to the 1.5.3 firmware they did not. Whatever they did in the background to fix it wasn't related to firmware on my device. Perhaps they had to flag my account in the correct way or change something at a local head-end. Ill post here if I get any word back on what the fix was.
If you don't have the 1.5.3 firmware, you will most likely have problems. It is a random error.
HazelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #1091
timroycny

Yup, foot in mouth. I got home today and my channels are telling me I'm not subscribed to them. I feel dumb for posting prematurely. Guess I'll keep working with the exec rep and hope they can get me that firmware after all.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:47 PM   #1092
Pejota

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-d View Post
I am still at 1.5.3 1101. I am in the Baltimore/Westminster area, where are you located? I got to 1101 after a lot of work with comcast. They often say that cable cards are not supported anymore...
This is in Central Florida. I hadn't been in contact with Comcast at all about getting the firmware upgraded, yet one morning there it was.
Pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #1093
hornmustang

Hip Hip Hurrah!

So based on the information on this thread I finally filed a complaint with the FCC on Friday of last week. I have not been contacted by Comcast since filing the complaint, but this evening I noticed that my firmware had been updated to PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1201!!! I think the timing must be more than just coincidence with my FCC complaint.

I would highly encourage anyone that is still having problems to file an FCC complaint. The form on the FCC website is very easy to fill out. You can do it in less than 5 minutes, which is much quicker than any interaction you will have with Comcast. Who knew a federal government agency could actually be useful?
Old 06-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #1094
grey ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornmustang View Post
So based on the information on this thread I finally filed a complaint with the FCC on Friday of last week. I have not been contacted by Comcast since filing the complaint, but this evening I noticed that my firmware had been updated to PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1201!!! I think the timing must be more than just coincidence with my FCC complaint.

I would highly encourage anyone that is still having problems to file an FCC complaint. The form on the FCC website is very easy to fill out. You can do it in less than 5 minutes, which is much quicker than any interaction you will have with Comcast. Who knew a federal government agency could actually be useful?
I hate to bust your bubble, but I got the same 1.5.3 1201 update last night. I haven't spoken to anybody from Comcast in months and I've filed no FCC complaints. Afraid it was a random coincidence

6 tuners here I come, finally
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:05 AM   #1095
hornmustang

Well glad to see that it is finally being rolled out. Nice to have my Tivo fully functional after 9 months.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:06 AM   #1096
timroycny

What state are you both in?
Old 06-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #1097
pshivers
Retired!

For all anyone knows, General roll outs of 153.1101 and newer may be the direct results of so many FCC complaints being filed....
Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

Old 06-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #1098
hornmustang

I'm in GA 30041. The firmware fixed all of my problems. Dare I say the Tivo has been perfect ever since.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:27 AM   #1099
DB_0673

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
In the cablecard diagnostic screen what is the H/W model? It may be possible the old Scientific Atlanta M cards only support 4 tuners and not the 6 the Cisco M cards do. Scientific Atlanta has the PKM600 and PKM800 M-cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
My card is a PKM800 from 2007. The firmware is listed as 1 "PKEY1.5.2_F.p.3001"
Do I understand that an older card with the correct firmware listed above will work in a Roamio
I currently have a Tivo HD (5 yrs old) that has the same firmware as listed. I am planning to replace it with a basic Roamio. should my card work or should I get a new one
If my current card will work, do I just put it in the Roamio and then call Comcast to pair it with the new device?

thanks
Dan
DB_0673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #1100
weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB_0673 View Post
Do I understand that an older card with the correct firmware listed above will work in a Roamio
I currently have a Tivo HD (5 yrs old) that has the same firmware as listed. I am planning to replace it with a basic Roamio. should my card work or should I get a new one
If my current card will work, do I just put it in the Roamio and then call Comcast to pair it with the new device?

thanks
Dan
Since the basic Roamio is 4 tuners, it should work fine.

Calling Comcast should work, just let them know it is currently paired to the TiVo HD in case they need to unpaid the card with that unit first.
weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #1101
DB_0673

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
Since the basic Roamio is 4 tuners, it should work fine.

Calling Comcast should work, just let them know it is currently paired to the TiVo HD in case they need to unpaid the card with that unit first.
As I read more I see that some are saying that an even newer firmware is needed

Weaver, just to be clear, were you saying that firmware PKEY1.5.2_F.p.3001 should work with a 4 tuner Roamio or were you talking about the newer 1.5.3 firmware

Dan

Last edited by DB_0673 : 06-11-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #1102
pshivers
Retired!

The 152_F.p.nnnn firmware will work with the 4 tuner Roamios. 1.5.3_F.p.1101 or newer is required for 6 tuner Roamios to operate to their full capabilities...
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

Old 06-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #1103
DB_0673

Quote:
The 152_F.p.nnnn firmware will work with the 4 tuner Roamios. 1.5.3_F.p.1101 or newer is required for 6 tuner Roamios to operate to their full capabilities...
thanks,

Entering one of Comcast's circles of Hell, trying to resolve an issue is the only thing that keeps me from upgrading from my Tivo HD. I think now with the help all you have given that I should have a hopefully smooth transition.

I always thought the best advertisement that Dish could ever make would be an ad with nothing but the Comcast customer service number on it, It could say call this and you will buy Dish

Dan
Old 06-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #1104
DB_0673

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the Roamio, should arrive next week. fingers crossed
Dan
Old 06-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #1105
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB_0673 View Post
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the Roamio, should arrive next week. fingers crossed Dan
Yeah, and after you have to talk to Comcast, the middle one will be sticking straight up in the air, haha!
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #1106
DB_0673

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
Yeah, and after you have to talk to Comcast, the middle one will be sticking straight up in the air, haha!

Dan
Old 06-12-2014, 06:28 AM   #1107
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
This is not completely correct.
Cisco CableCARD OS Version PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601 works fine with 6 Tuners w/o any issues that I have encountered with Cox Communications.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:46 AM   #1108
hornmustang

I was also having random tuner errors using only 4 tuners and dolby audio drops with 1.5.2 firmware. All were fixed with the upgrade to 1.5.3_F.p.1301.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #1109
timroycny

After working with the Exec Rep for NH for a week he got in touch with a national engineer who in turn put in a request with a engineering team in Pennsylvania and they were able to push the 1.5.3.1101 firmware to my cable card up in Southern NH today while I was at work!!! I'll monitor and see if I get any more authorization problems with the new firmware in place.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:50 AM   #1110
timroycny

So far so good with 1.5.3.1101. My Ipad TIVO app works flawlessly watching live TV and recording and streaming immediately with no errors unlike before. I also tested 6 recordings simultaneously again and it works. Ill try once a day for the next few days and report back.