TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #121
CMOS1

I've been trying to resolve this problem as well. Today, Comcast tried to charge me $1.50/month to add the "Tivo Card" to my account. I told them to forget it, I'm not paying another $1.50/month for something I should be getting already.

I will have to chat again and see if I can find someone that knows hot to fix this. If you know what code was added free of charge, that would be great.
CMOS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:45 PM   #122
jmpage2

Well you do have to pay for the cablecard if you already have another cablecard or cable box on the account.

If the cablecard is the only device on the account Comcasts own website indicates that the first cablecard is free.
jmpage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #123
DeltaOne
Mount Airy, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMOS1 View Post
I've been trying to resolve this problem as well. Today, Comcast tried to charge me $1.50/month to add the "Tivo Card" to my account.
The CableCard charge varies market by market.

Here in Maryland I have two CableCards for no charge and a $5 credit because I'm using my own equipment.

But I am paying a $9.95 charge for HD and $9.95 for a second outlet.
DeltaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #124
68mustang

My fix

I just wanted to post my experience of Comcast VOD freezing and my resolution is case it can help others. I went form Series 3 and Premiere both with VOD working. With the new Roamio, I could play VOD for 4 seconds and it would freeze. It took 10 days with at least a dozen calls and over at least 10 hours of my time to resolve the issue. I called Comcast cable card activation several times to pair and unpair my cable card without luck. I called Comcast customer service who kept resending the signal without luck. I asked Comcast billing to add the infamous Tivo sales code without luck. Tivo customer support stated that my SNR was to high at 39 db. They recommended placing attenuators to lower the signal because a hot signal may cause problems. I had Comcast come out and test my lines, no problem there. They added the attenuators, no luck either. After Comcast customer support could not fix my issue, they escalated my case to level 2 support and stated that I would receive a call back in 1-2 days. They stated they could not transfer me to level 2 support because they did not have the phone number. After 5 days and no call back, I called Tivo support back and stated what had been tried and that a technician came out and tested the line. This Tivo support representative had the number to Comcast level 2 support (which Comcast stated did not exist) and started a 3 way conference call. After a call back from level 2 support the same day, they finally figured out that my account was setup incorrectly. They stated it was set up for 2-way transmission, but should have been setup as 1-way transmission. I post this to help others who could have the same problem. I must say Comcast level one support is ridiculous, after not resolving my issue and retrying the same thing over and over, my case should have been escalated to level 2 support sooner. They should have transferred me immediately and not have to wait 10 days and waste my time. For a company as big as Comcast, I was very disappointed in how my problem was handled. Finally VOD works now. All is good again.
68mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #125
Davepl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMOS1 View Post
I've been trying to resolve this problem as well. Today, Comcast tried to charge me $1.50/month to add the "Tivo Card" to my account. I told them to forget it, I'm not paying another $1.50/month for something I should be getting already.

I will have to chat again and see if I can find someone that knows hot to fix this. If you know what code was added free of charge, that would be great.
Having been through the frustration I'd pay a buck and half not to have had to do it all. Of course it's unlikely they'd have fixed it, so you'd be out the $1.50 for nothing most likely.
Davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #126
tiffakia

Thanks so much!!!!

Thanks so much for this thread! Because of this I was able to get the issue resolved via chat by giving them the information about the code. This was after I called the regular tech support line and they suggested a get a new cable card and then scheduled a visit to come to my house and 2 calls to the cable card activation line. I'm sure I would have been in for many hours of frustration if not for this thread. Instead, I was able to get it resolved in about 2 hours which is nothing compared to it taking 2 weeks to get the cable card paired recently after I upgraded units!
tiffakia is offline   Reply With Quote