TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-20-2014, 11:52 PM   #6841
Bytez

Could you make it auto-refresh the show list upon opening the program?
Bytez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:50 AM   #6842
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytez View Post
Could you make it auto-refresh the show list upon opening the program?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg kmttg.npl.jpg (41.9 KB, 194 views)
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #6843
dreite

New user here. kmttg is a very nice/handy program. Thanks for your efforts on this.

Dave.
dreite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #6844
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Interesting, I didn't make the connection given the name, but looks like it does match up.
Out of curiosity, I displayed the data on an entry in the guide. I found this line which explains the field name:

Code:
 "partnerContentId": "epgProvider:ct.EP015679020039",
So the "partner" in this case is TMS. TMS is the one who assigns both the seriesId and the programId.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #6845
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Out of curiosity, I displayed the data on an entry in the guide. I found this line which explains the field name:

Code:
 "partnerContentId": "epgProvider:ct.EP015679020039",
So the "partner" in this case is TMS. TMS is the one who assigns both the seriesId and the programId.
Turns out I already did know the connection between partnerCollectionId and programId because when you use RPC option to get NPL listings the translation from one to the other is already done in existing kmttg code. However previously I thought programId/partnerCollectionId was uniquely generated for a specific recording on a specific TiVo. But obviously that's not the case if upcoming recordings (in ToDo and guide) have them already.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:14 PM   #6846
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzznuubi View Post
Thanks, good to know. I just stumbled on that and thought it quite the coincidence. I would prefer to have them highlighted in the TODO list as I'm not sure it's a 100% coincidence/proof of concept at this point ;-)
I could see other uses for it if it turns out to be a fact.

What say ye?
The code is checked in for next release.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #6847
epstewart

Would like to use latest CCextractor on my Mac

Hi, all,

I would like to upgrade the old version of CCextractor on my Mac (version 0.59) to the latest version, 0.69, so that I can use it with kmttg. But when I try to compile the new version (which I downloaded here) using the included build command

Code:
g++ -Dfopen64=fopen -Dopen64=open -Dlseek64=lseek -I../src/gpacmp4 -I ../src/libpng -I ../src/zlib -o ccextractor $(find ../src/ -name '*.cpp') $(find ../src/ -name '*.c')
I get

Code:
[imac:~] eric% cd /Users/eric/Desktop/ccextractor\ 2/src 
[imac:~/Desktop/ccextractor 2/src] eric% g++ -Dfopen64=fopen -Dopen64=open -Dlseek64=lseek -I../src/gpacmp4 -I ../src/libpng -I ../src/zlib -o ccextractor $(find ../src/ -name '*.cpp') $(find ../src/ -name '*.c')
Illegal variable name.
[imac:~/Desktop/ccextractor 2/src] eric%
Notice that I have changed directory in Terminal to ...

Code:
/Users/eric/Desktop/ccextractor\ 2/src
... so I think I am pointing to the directory that contains the source code.

I believe I have Xcode duly installed on my Mac, so I don't that that is my problem.

Anyway, I'm looking for someone who has figured out how to do this compile, or else someone who has a compiled Mac version and is willing to share it with me.

Thanks in advance for any and all help and advice ...
Old 05-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #6848
moyekj

Eric, take the space out of "ccextractor 2" directory name. Spaces in files and directories in general in unix can cause issues/headaches so you should try and avoid them. Don't know if it will solve your issue here, but I'd start there.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #6849
VikingCrown

First off, fantastic program, I am looking for a preset or recommended settings to convert some kids shows for a road trip. They are for young kids so I am really not looking for crazy quality, much more interested in small size. The shows will be Sesame Street's (to be viewed on ipad mini) for the youngest and 30 min shows of Super Hero Squad (to be viewed on ipad 3) for the older one. Can someone recommend something for me?
VikingCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #6850
epstewart

Quote:
Eric, take the space out of "ccextractor 2" directory name. Spaces in files and directories in general in unix can cause issues/headaches so you should try and avoid them. Don't know if it will solve your issue here, but I'd start there.
Kevin,

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately, it didn't fix things, and I think that's because the space in "ccextractor 2" had a backslash escape character in front of it when I used it in the 'cd' command. Unix on the Mac is OK with that. I think I am going to have to do some research on the g++ command line that the author of CCExtractor recommended. The author does say up front that he does not have a Mac to test with, so he can't vouch that the command he includes actually works. I will try to investigate further tomorrow. Actually, the whole reason I want to download and compile CCExtractor is that I am trying to put together a "Prezi" presentation on the basics of using kmttg, including setting up to capture closed captions. I am trying to learn to use Prezi at the same time as I am making the presentation.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #6851
bbc581

Feature Request: Autoresolve to MythTV Back-end

It appears as though there is potential here to automate the scheduling of conflicts elsewhere and a TiVo not be required. If I could avoid recordings being missed by leveraging MythBuntu and my HDHR-3CC it would definitely improve the Wife-Acceptance-Factor! Between this and Plex Media Server I would be one happy individual.
bbc581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:17 AM   #6852
epstewart

Quote:
Kevin,

I figured out how to compile ccextractor 0.69 on my Mac. I had to fudge the original command

Code:
g++ -Dfopen64=fopen -Dopen64=open -Dlseek64=lseek -I../src/gpacmp4 -I ../src/libpng -I ../src/zlib -o ccextractor $(find ../src/ -name '*.cpp') $(find ../src/ -name '*.c')
to

Code:
g++ -Dfopen64=fopen -Dopen64=open -Dlseek64=lseek -I../src/gpacmp4 -I ../src/libpng -I ../src/zlib -o ccextractor ../src//608.cpp ../src//608_helpers.cpp ../src//608_sami.cpp ../src//608_smptett.cpp ../src//608_spupng.cpp ../src//608_srt.cpp ../src//708.cpp ../src//708_encoding.cpp ../src//activity.cpp ../src//asf_functions.cpp ../src//avc_functions.cpp ../src//cc_bitstream.cpp ../src//cc_decoders_common.cpp ../src//ccextractor.cpp ../src//constants.cpp ../src//encoding.cpp ../src//es_functions.cpp ../src//es_userdata.cpp ../src//file_functions.cpp ../src//general_loop.cpp ../src//gpacmp4/mp4.cpp ../src//myth.cpp ../src//output.cpp ../src//params.cpp ../src//params_dump.cpp ../src//sequencing.cpp ../src//stream_functions.cpp ../src//telxcc.cpp ../src//timing.cpp ../src//ts_functions.cpp ../src//utility.cpp ../src//wtv_functions.cpp ../src//xds.cpp  ../src//gpacmp4/av_parsers.c  ../src//gpacmp4/avc_ext.c  ../src//gpacmp4/avilib.c  ../src//gpacmp4/base_encoding.c  ../src//gpacmp4/bitstream.c  ../src//gpacmp4/box_code_3gpp.c  ../src//gpacmp4/box_code_apple.c  ../src//gpacmp4/box_code_base.c  ../src//gpacmp4/box_code_isma.c  ../src//gpacmp4/box_code_meta.c  ../src//gpacmp4/box_funcs.c  ../src//gpacmp4/data_map.c  ../src//gpacmp4/desc_private.c  ../src//gpacmp4/descriptors.c  ../src//gpacmp4/error.c  ../src//gpacmp4/gpac_ogg.c  ../src//gpacmp4/hinting.c  ../src//gpacmp4/ipmpx_code.c  ../src//gpacmp4/ipmpx_parse.c  ../src//gpacmp4/isom_intern.c  ../src//gpacmp4/isom_read.c  ../src//gpacmp4/isom_store.c  ../src//gpacmp4/isom_write.c  ../src//gpacmp4/list.c  ../src//gpacmp4/media.c  ../src//gpacmp4/media_odf.c  ../src//gpacmp4/meta.c  ../src//gpacmp4/movie_fragments.c  ../src//gpacmp4/odf_code.c  ../src//gpacmp4/odf_codec.c  ../src//gpacmp4/odf_command.c  ../src//gpacmp4/os_divers.c  ../src//gpacmp4/qos.c  ../src//gpacmp4/sample_descs.c  ../src//gpacmp4/slc.c  ../src//gpacmp4/stbl_read.c  ../src//gpacmp4/stbl_write.c  ../src//gpacmp4/track.c  ../src//gpacmp4/tx3g.c  ../src//gpacmp4/url.c  ../src//gpacmp4/utf.c  ../src//libpng/png.c  ../src//libpng/pngerror.c  ../src//libpng/pngmem.c  ../src//libpng/pngset.c  ../src//libpng/pngtrans.c  ../src//libpng/pngwio.c  ../src//libpng/pngwrite.c  ../src//libpng/pngwtran.c  ../src//libpng/pngwutil.c  ../src//zlib/adler32.c  ../src//zlib/crc32.c  ../src//zlib/deflate.c  ../src//zlib/inffast.c  ../src//zlib/inflate.c  ../src//zlib/inftrees.c  ../src//zlib/trees.c  ../src//zlib/zutil.c
in which I simply listed all the input files after manually doing 'find" commands to locate them. There must be a simpler way ... but my Unix understanding is rudimentary.

Anyway, would you consider possibly including an already compiled version of ccextractor in the list of required tools that are downloaded when you first initialize kmttg? Thanks.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:39 AM   #6853
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by epstewart View Post
Anyway, would you consider possibly including an already compiled version of ccextractor in the list of required tools that are downloaded when you first initialize kmttg? Thanks.
I don't have one for Mac platform, and don't know if I got one that you compiled what kind of dependencies on dynamic libraries it may have? i.e. It may be very specific to your particular Mac OS version only?

Old 05-23-2014, 01:13 PM   #6854
epstewart

Quote:
I don't have one for Mac platform, and don't know if I got one that you compiled what kind of dependencies on dynamic libraries it may have? i.e. It may be very specific to your particular Mac OS version only?
Kevin,

I am researching this further by asking in an appropriate forum for c++ programmers (g++ is a GNU compiler for c++). I will also contact the author of CCExtractor, Carlos, to ask about it. But I believe CCExtractor does not use shared or dynamic libraries, as the author intends it to be platform independent. No shared/dynamic libraries seem to be used, though. I will report back after I confirm this ...
Old 05-23-2014, 08:13 PM   #6855
plamumba

Question re kmttg

I just noticed that when I do an advanced search on actors, I don't seem to get any that appear as "guest actors" (I think that's how they are described). Am I misunderstanding how to use this function? Thanks for the program and for your help.
plamumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #6856
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by plamumba View Post
I just noticed that when I do an advanced search on actors, I don't seem to get any that appear as "guest actors" (I think that's how they are described). Am I misunderstanding how to use this function? Thanks for the program and for your help.
If you have an example show that you can find through Advanced Search that has such a "guest actor", you can select show in Search table and use "j" keyboard button to dump all the information about that show to kmttg message window.

A small portion of information of a show information is displayed below. There is a "credit" JSONArray that has actor, producer and directory information. In advanced search, when you search only for an actor, TiVo will return matches for shows that have "credit" entries with "role" = "actor", as in the partial entry below.
Code:
   "credit": [
      {
         "levelOfDetail": "high",
         "characterName": "Robin of Locksley",
         "last": "Costner",
         "role": "actor",
         "type": "credit",
         "first": "Kevin"
I don't know if there is a role type specifically for guest actor and if it is categorized different than actor, or perhaps for guest actors not included in credits at all. You have to dump the data to see what's available.

(The above entry I got was for an actor only advanced search for "Costner")

Old 05-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #6857
plamumba

Question re kmttg

I did a dump of the info, and it seems that the "guest actors" don't appear there. They do appear on the list one gets when hitting the "info" button on a program on the Tivo itself. Too bad, as it reduces the usefulness of searches, not your fault of course, but I often wonder what Tivo is thinking with the choices they make (apparently trying to increase their demise).

Thanks for your help.
plamumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:32 PM   #6858
epstewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by epstewart View Post
Kevin,

I am researching this further by asking in an appropriate forum for c++ programmers (g++ is a GNU compiler for c++). I will also contact the author of CCExtractor, Carlos, to ask about it. But I believe CCExtractor does not use shared or dynamic libraries, as the author intends it to be platform independent. No shared/dynamic libraries seem to be used, though. I will report back after I confirm this ...
Kevin,

I found out how to check for dynamic library usage in CCExtractor (on a Mac, the 'otool -L' command; on other machines, 'ldd'), and unfortunately the latest version does link to two dynamic libraries that are related to c++. And my older version uses a different set of dynamic libraries. I don't know whether these libraries are on every Mac or just those that have downloaded Xcode, which makes the g++ compiler available. This is very murky. It's possible that the necessary libraries are common to all Macs. The only way to tell might be to make CCExtractor available to all Mac kmttg users and see if there are any complaints. But I can see where that idea might not appeal to you ...

BTW, I found out why the g++ command line I specified in an earlier post didn't work. It requires a 'bash' shell in the Mac Terminal, and I was using a different shell.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:56 AM   #6859
wuzznuubi

Quote:
The code is checked in for next release.
Thanks!
Couple questions on this;
  1. Is there any speed penalty or size limit to a large auto.history file? i.e. all files previously recorded that were moved to an archive?
  2. Would it be better to manually sort the auto.history file by programId (for kmttg) or does kmttg do that after ingesting it or does it matter?
    a) It's much easier for us humans to peruse when it's sorted that way

Last edited by wuzznuubi : 05-24-2014 at 01:01 AM.
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:10 AM   #6860
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzznuubi View Post
Thanks!
Couple questions on this;
  1. Is there any speed penalty or size limit to a large auto.history file? i.e. all files previously recorded that were moved to an archive?
  2. Would it be better to manually sort the auto.history file by programId (for kmttg) or does kmttg do that after ingesting it or does it matter?
    a) It's much easier for us humans to peruse when it's sorted that way
Yes, if it becomes huge it will slow parsing down and increase memory use (since the whole file is cached in memory for speed purposes), so you clearing out old entries regularly is good practice.
No, there's no sorting done - kmttg simply appends as it goes, so old entries will always be 1st unless you are sorting the file yourself, so generally clearing older entries is just a matter of clearing from start of file.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:49 AM   #6861
wuzznuubi

Quote:
Yes, if it becomes huge it will slow parsing down and increase memory use (since the whole file is cached in memory for speed purposes), so you clearing out old entries regularly is good practice.
No, there's no sorting done - kmttg simply appends as it goes, so old entries will always be 1st unless you are sorting the file yourself, so generally clearing older entries is just a matter of clearing from start of file.
Thanks again.
Can't wait to try it out!
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:13 AM   #6862
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Is there any way to get KMTTG to include mini-series in the results for series premiere searches?

I'm seeing more and more mini-series events being advertised in commercials (easily missed by skipping commercials), and in the ads on TiVo's screens. KMTTG completely omits these from the search results.

A "funny" thing I've noticed: If I use KMTTG to schedule things that TiVo is always trying to cram down my throat, my Roamios STILL keep telling me to get my season passes, even though I already have them. Even while pausing during "24", I get ads for me to schedule "24". Kind of ridiculous, if you ask me...

I guess TiVo REALLY wants me to select their ads and schedule via their ads... It's not like their servers don't know I already have them scheduled... I refuse to do so. Most of the time their means don't give me any options on what channel, or other recording parameters. I always wind up with a SD channel and whatever options they set. I know I could un-select the SD channels from my lineup. But, I'd only be doing so to make TiVo's ads use a HD channel. Not going to happen...
Old 05-24-2014, 10:31 AM   #6863
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
Is there any way to get KMTTG to include mini-series in the results for series premiere searches?
The guide data for those does not have any episode information which is what is used to determine what is a series (episode 1 of any season signifies premiere). Rosemary's Baby was a recent example with no episode information. If you know of an upcoming mini-series find it in kmttg using search or guide and get JSON info on it using the "j" keyboard shortcut and see if there's anything in the data that obviously shows it's a new mini-series. If there is something obvious I can look into it further.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #6864
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
The guide data for those does not have any episode information which is what is used to determine what is a series (episode 1 of any season signifies premiere). Rosemary's Baby was a recent example with no episode information. If you know of an upcoming mini-series find it in kmttg using search or guide and get JSON info on it using the "j" keyboard shortcut and see if there's anything in the data that obviously shows it's a new mini-series. If there is something obvious I can look into it further.
There's an upcoming one on the CW, which is a channel I've never seen TiVo put an ad up for. The name eludes me. I'll probably have to watch a few commercial breaks to get the name, then see what I can do with KMTTG.

There's ~3 upcoming mini-series, I believe. I don't know if it's some new trend to run them, or just a coincidence.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #6865
lpwcomp

Quote:
Looking at the data for "The World Wars", instead of Season and Episode numbers, it has "partCount" and "partNumber".

Old 05-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #6866
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Looking at the data for "The World Wars", instead of Season and Episode numbers, it has "partCount" and "partNumber".
OK thanks. That was easy enough to add with a couple of lines of code that are now checked in for next release.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #6867
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
OK thanks. That was easy enough to add with a couple of lines of code that are now checked in for next release.
...and thank you for adding that. Was this data missing from Rosemary's Baby? That's the impression I got from what you said. I just want to know if I still need to be vigilant in watching for mini-series outside of the premier scan. It's one of my most-used KMTTG functions.

Thanks again for making and supporting KMTTG. It seems like a mostly thankless thing to do, making something for all of us, then supporting everybody (which you do an outstanding job of). [/brownnosing]

Is there a way to use KMTTG to initiate transfers between TiVos? I'm not sure if there's a good reason to want to. I just like the program, and keep using it for more things as I go. I think if I could use KMTTG to do everything except actual watching of programs, I would...

Any possibilities of there being a way to make the premier search go out further? I know it's not likely, but figured I'd ask.

Edit/Add: One thing that I'm kind of tripping up on is how each function will remember the last TiVo I used it on. Is there a way to just pick one and have all functions default to that one, and stay on that one as I change tabs?

I'm still kicking myself for all the hesitations I had to try KMTTG. It was mostly not wanting to install another program. I think TiVo Desktop was part of it, since it gets it's hooks in, and is so hard to repair, if it gets screwed up, or completely remove it.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #6868
moyekj

Quote:
...and thank you for adding that. Was this data missing from Rosemary's Baby? That's the impression I got from what you said. I just want to know if I still need to be vigilant in watching for mini-series outside of the premier scan. It's one of my most-used KMTTG functions.
What I meant is that mini series have no episode information which is why kmttg premieres was not listing it.

Quote:
Is there a way to use KMTTG to initiate transfers between TiVos?
No.

Quote:
Any possibilities of there being a way to make the premier search go out further? I know it's not likely, but figured I'd ask.
No. TiVo only has ~12 days of forward looking data.

Quote:
Edit/Add: One thing that I'm kind of tripping up on is how each function will remember the last TiVo I used it on. Is there a way to just pick one and have all functions default to that one, and stay on that one as I change tabs?
Edit config.ini and put desired prime TiVo at top of list of TiVos. Be careful with editor you use to save as plain text, not other formats. (Don't use crappy Windows Notepad since it won't show line breaks).

Last edited by moyekj : 05-24-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:44 PM   #6869
lpwcomp

Quote:
No real way to know at this point if it was in the guide data, but it is not in the raw data from the actual recording of "Night 2" in my Roamio's "Recently Deleted". It's possible that it would get set based on the programId if I recovered, but I can't see the raw data for a recording not in "Recently Deleted".

Quote:
Is there a way to use KMTTG to initiate transfers between TiVos? I'm not sure if there's a good reason to want to. I just like the program, and keep using it for more things as I go. I think if I could use KMTTG to do everything except actual watching of programs, I would...
A direct TiVo-TiVo transfer? No, not really. I suppose you could use the remote to do so but you'd have to have some way to know what was going on. You can automate transfer to PC from one TiVo and then push to another but that has all of the issues associated with push.

Quote:
It can only search what it has.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #6870
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
(Don't use crappy Windows Notepad since it won't show line breaks).
It shows them, but it only understands CRLF, and not plain LF. Pretty much every other modern editor can handle both.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote