TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #421
hytekjosh

Another issue I'm facing is loss of sync with the voice and video on the mini. On the roamio it is barely noticeable but on the mini its very bad. Using Ethernet instead of MOCA makes no difference. I am going to have to poke around further to see if its the HDMI switch or the TV but methinks its the Mini.
hytekjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:24 AM   #422
leepoffaith

I have a few questions regarding this update as I have not yet received it. I activated my Tivo Roamio Plus and 2 Minis on 5/1 so that could be why. The Minis have the 20.4.1, but the plus is still on 20.3.8.

1. My Roamio is wired to ethernet for the internet connection and then bridges into MoCA for the Minis. On my network status it shows MoCA as down. Will this update fix that and/or is this supposed to show down? I figured that it should be showing "on" considering I have the two Minis. I even tried looking at it with the Minis on and off and it makes no difference. It's always "down."

2. How long will it be until I receive the update? I would really like to be able to change the standard season pass settings so I don't have to choose "new" each time.

I haven't really had any issue with the MoCA saying down, except I did have an instance last night where one of my minis just froze out of the blue and said it could not connect. I'm not sure what that was about but it is fine now.
Thanks!

~Lee

Verizon FiOS TV Prime
Fully Loaded Entertainment Package
Verizon FiOS 75/35 Internet
leepoffaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:01 AM   #423
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Yes, the update fixes the MoCA showing down in network status issue (mine showed down before update, up with statistics afterwards). I got it 2 days after I setup my new Plus last week so you might want to give it a week then contact TivoMargret here if your Plus is not getting 20.4.1.

You can speed it up a bit (maybe) by forcing a few network connections.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #424
malverde

More apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
It doesn't take a software update for a new app.
We need more app support. At least open it up so we can develop the apps.
malverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #425
malverde

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHunter1 View Post
This new "Default Recording Options" feature is intended to simplify the process of setting up a new Season Pass or Wish List.
Great add! I love this feature.
malverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:51 PM   #426
Keen

Has anyone compiled a 'known issues' list for this update? Now that I've got it, I'd like to know what to watch out for.
Keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:11 AM   #427
KevinG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen View Post
Has anyone compiled a 'known issues' list for this update? Now that I've got it, I'd like to know what to watch out for.
More reboots. ;-)
KevinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:16 PM   #428
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Anybody getting anywhere with this? I'm beginning to feel like all the 777-clear sequences I've been dutifully doing, while being on enhanced log-monitoring, isn't doing anything but wearing out my remote buttons.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #429
CloudAtlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by malverde View Post
We need more app support. At least open it up so we can develop the apps.
The Opera Devices SDK v4.1 and Opera TV Emulator are available. Getting HBO, Showtime, Amazon, Vudu, ESPN etc. financially interested to support the TiVo platform is another matter. But TiVo getting to 4.5M subs is a step in the right direction.

I'm sure both Opera and TiVo have independently reached out to the above content providers about bringing their applications to the Opera/TiVo platform. Not to mention SDK users Panasonic, Sony, Samsung and Phillips.

http://www.operasoftware.com/products/devices-sdk
http://www.operasoftware.com/products/tv-emulator
CloudAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #430
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen View Post
Slower transfer rates!
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:29 AM   #431
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Slower transfer rates!
That what I saw just after the update, but now a few weeks later I just tested the xfer rate tonight and it was back to over 88Mb/sec from about 70Mb/sec just after the update, before the update I could get just over 90Mb/sec. I am using MoCA system.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #432
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
That what I saw just after the update, but now a few weeks later I just tested the xfer rate tonight and it was back to over 88Mb/sec from about 70Mb/sec just after the update, before the update I could get just over 90Mb/sec. I am using MoCA system.
With the previous software I could get 150mbps transfer rates from my Pro. I'm only seeing up to 95mbps transfer rates now from my Roamio Pro and Basic. Although my Premiere is getting 70+mbps transfer rates.

It almost seems like it's speed is limited to a 100BT connection. But I tested it several ways to make sure there are no issues. Plus I brought home a cable tester from work to make sure my Cat5e and Coax cable runs were still good.

But whether I use MoCA or GigE with my Roamio Pro I don't see the speeds I used to with the previous software version.

I'm still in a MoCA phase right now so I will continue to use MoCA with my three Minis and Pro for a while.

Last edited by aaronwt : 05-10-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #433
lessd

Quote:
With the previous software I could get 150mbps transfer rates from my Pro. I'm only seeing up to 95mbps transfer rates now from my Roamio Pro and Basic. Although my Premiere is getting 70+mbps transfer rates.

It almost seems like it's speed is limited to a 100BT connection. But I tested it several ways to make sure there are no issues. Plus I brought home a cable tester from work to make sure my Cat5e and Coax cable runs were still good.

But whether I use MoCA or GigE with my Roamio Pro I don't see the speeds I used to with the previous software version.

I'm still in a MoCA phase right now so I will continue to use MoCA with my three Minis and Pro for a while.
I don't know how you got 150Mb/s from a Roamio Pro to a Roamio Pro, or was this from to a computer ? did you put the Roamio Pro into sleep mode ? My network is all 1000Mb/s and I never can get that type of speed, I guess your better at setting up networks than I am.
Have others gotten that type of xfer speed between two Roamio Pros ?

Old 05-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #434
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
I don't know how you got 150Mb/s from a Roamio Pro to a Roamio Pro, or was this from to a computer ? did you put the Roamio Pro into sleep mode ? My network is all 1000Mb/s and I never can get that type of speed, I guess your better at setting up networks than I am.
Have others gotten that type of xfer speed between two Roamio Pros ?
Those are speeds to/from a PC running TiVo Desktop. I never had a second Roamo PRo/Plus to test those speeds. And of course the Roamio BASic is only 100BT.

I just know with the most recent software there has been a huge difference in transfer rates for me. From a user perspective though, streaming etc, I don't see a difference. And even with the transfer rates I wouldn't normally see the difference since most of them are done automatically to my TiVo Desktop machine. But I'm not seeing anything take advantage of the Pro GigE connection. WHile with previous versions it was always obvious it was using a GigE connection.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:13 PM   #435
lessd

Quote:
Those are speeds to/from a PC running TiVo Desktop. I never had a second Roamo PRo/Plus to test those speeds. And of course the Roamio BASic is only 100BT.

I just know with the most recent software there has been a huge difference in transfer rates for me. From a user perspective though, streaming etc, I don't see a difference. And even with the transfer rates I wouldn't normally see the difference since most of them are done automatically to my TiVo Desktop machine. But I'm not seeing anything take advantage of the Pro GigE connection. WHile with previous versions it was always obvious it was using a GigE connection.
Thanks for your answer, as I don't have or need a PC connected to my TiVo system I never tried PC to Roamio Pro speed.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:39 PM   #436
Bytez

I bought my Roamio Plus last week and it's still on 20.3.8. Is this still rolling out?
Bytez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:21 PM   #437
Bytez

Updated to 20.4.1 today.
Bytez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #438
bill875

YouTube is no longer working on my Roamio Plus since receiving the update. This has become a staple function in our living room. Anyone know how I can get this function back?
bill875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:48 PM   #439
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill875 View Post
YouTube is no longer working on my Roamio Plus since receiving the update. This has become a staple function in our living room. Anyone know how I can get this function back?
"not working" ?

In what way? Its missing? You get an error message? Videos simply wont play? Slinging videos is broken? You try and launch it and you get a busy cursor and it never comes up?

What troubleshooting have you already done? Have you forced a connection to tivo? Have you rebooted the Tivo? Have your rebooted your other networking equipment? If its missing from where it used to be, have you checked settings/channels/'video providers' to see if it got unchecked somehow?
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:49 PM   #440
bill875

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnad View Post
"not working" ?

In what way? Its missing? You get an error message? Videos simply wont play? Slinging videos is broken? You try and launch it and you get a busy cursor and it never comes up?

What troubleshooting have you already done? Have you forced a connection to tivo? Have you rebooted the Tivo? Have your rebooted your other networking equipment? If its missing from where it used to be, have you checked settings/channels/'video providers' to see if it got unchecked somehow?
YouTube on my phone was not showing the icon to display content on my Tivo Roamio. I figured the problem out. It wasn't the software update, it was the fact I switched my router from an older Linksys WRT150N v1 running DD-WRT Firmware to a D-Link DIR-655 which was a big mistake. I switched back to the Linksys and everything is running fine. The D-Link is fine for everything else, so this just has me scratching my head. I guess the D-Link router does not support DIAL for displaying YouTube videos from my Nexus 5 to my Roamio.
bill875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:42 AM   #441
leiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill875 View Post
YouTube on my phone was not showing the icon to display content on my Tivo Roamio. I figured the problem out. It wasn't the software update, it was the fact I switched my router from an older Linksys WRT150N v1 running DD-WRT Firmware to a D-Link DIR-655 which was a big mistake. I switched back to the Linksys and everything is running fine. The D-Link is fine for everything else, so this just has me scratching my head. I guess the D-Link router does not support DIAL for displaying YouTube videos from my Nexus 5 to my Roamio.
I have D-Link DIR-655 and dial youtube works. I get booted out of youtube occasionally but I think this happens to everyone?
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #442
skid71

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
I have D-Link DIR-655 and dial youtube works. I get booted out of youtube occasionally but I think this happens to everyone?
+1 on this. I currently use a DIR-655 and DIAL works great. Yup, I get the YouTube boot every so often.
skid71 is offline   Reply With Quote