TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-20-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
Bytez

Switching back to LIVE TV and vice versa in menu

In the menu, when the current channel is on the small preview window on the right corner, switching back to live tv and vice versa is not as seamless as it should be. However, when going back and forth on the guide, it is seamless which makes me wonder if this is a bug. Does the older models exhibit this behavior?

Edit: actually if you go to the guide and press the back key instead of live tv, it won't be seamless. Hmmm...

Last edited by Bytez : 05-20-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Bytez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:23 AM   #2
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Yes, The little hiccup occurs in Premiers and Roamios.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:40 AM   #3
Bytez

That sucks. wasn't like this on the Motorola DVRs.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:11 AM   #4
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Every product, no matter how slick has little glitches/quirks. You can turn off the preview window if it bothers you, or use the app to manage your tivo/fire up recordings, or just completely stay out of the guide and live tv and record everything you want to see via search/wishlists/season passes. Just a few choices off the top of my head

For random example, my Ipad 4 which is supposed to be one of the "slickest" things out there, and which, to me, cost a pretty penny, absolutely sucks since IOS 7 came out. If I fast switch between games, there is like a 40-50% chance it will crash IOS... theres plenty of people complaining about it, but no fix has come out. (or it just logs me out of gamecenter, or the icloud over and over)
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:58 AM   #5
DeltaOne
Mount Airy, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytez View Post
In the menu, when the current channel is on the small preview window on the right corner, switching back to live tv and vice versa is not as seamless as it should be. However, when going back and forth on the guide, it is seamless which makes me wonder if this is a bug. Does the older models exhibit this behavior?

Edit: actually if you go to the guide and press the back key instead of live tv, it won't be seamless. Hmmm...
Are you pressing Live TV or Zoom?

Using Zoom I don't recall any issues when I switch back to Live TV. Sometimes there's a half-second glitch -- sometimes not. Maybe that's what you're seeing?
DeltaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #6
aridon

I get that half second or so of drop out and it plays fine. Annoying but not deal breaking.
aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #7
Bytez

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaOne View Post
Are you pressing Live TV or Zoom?

Using Zoom I don't recall any issues when I switch back to Live TV. Sometimes there's a half-second glitch -- sometimes not. Maybe that's what you're seeing?
Tried both and same behavior at all times.