TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
Rickster29us

roamio won't pair after hard drive upgrade

I upgraded my basic roamio drive to a 3tb. Everything went great except I can't get the card to pair. It was working fine before the upgrade. I have fios and have been on the phone with their techs for over 4 hours. I get all the channels except HBO and cinemax. No matter what they try they say they can't get the refresh or reinit to work. When I first got the roamio I had to contact them about pairing and it was.done in a few.minutes. they told me the data id of the card in their system is different from what the TiVo says it is. What fios has is the data id before I put in the new drive. They said they can't get their system to accept the new data id. Can anyone shed any light on this?. Fios has said they have tried everything to get the card paired. Would changing out the drive damage the card in some manner?. I get all the other channels. They just said it won't respond to their commands. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Rickster29us : 05-13-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Rickster29us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:10 AM   #2
caughey

It's possible the card is damaged, but I think unlikely. I would bet the problem is on Verizon's end. "they can't get their system to accept the new data id" sounds fishy to me.

Try following this guidance from TiVoMargret. Be sure to get tech support (not just the first person who answers the phone) and use the words "manually validate." Sometimes you get better results using online chat (I have had good luck this way). Again, the magic words are "manually validate."

Quote:
If you have the correct part number, but your HBO or other premium channels are still "pixelating" then it is likely that your CableCARD is "authorized" but not "paired". Call Verizon's activation line 1-888-897-7499 and keep asking for "tech support". Once you have reached someone in tech support, tell them your CableCARD is authorized but not paired, and ask them to "Manually Validate Set Top Box". (I have been told this instruction is what has worked for other customers.)

caughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:41 AM   #3
HenryFarpolo

Call Verizon back and follow the instructions posted by Caughey. If the support tech has a problem ask for supervisor.

Fixing CableCard issues is hit and miss with Verizon. With the proper tech it is a two minute fix and with the wrong tech a nightmare, as you have already experienced.
HenryFarpolo is offline   Reply With Quote