Originally Posted by henrys1
XOD app just came back for me yesterday in Maryland woo-hoo!
On Thursday May 8 I had two techs come to the house and conference call with 9 other people from both Comcast and TiVo. There were reps from each department that might have had a piece in getting it fixed. Engineering, billing, etc. Very interesting listening in. They were very professional and didn't blame each other but rather had the customer in mind and wanted to get it fixed. I got to hear how widespread the issue was. Apparently they thought the call volume was light perhaps because many people don't use the feature. But anyway...
First thing they figured out was a Comcast issue. The CableCard Host ID screen was not showing the CTRLID for the area and the phone number was listed as 800-XFINITY when it should have read 800-COMCAST.
Someone at Comcast updated some code in the DNCS (basically their router for the Harford area) and voila, CTRLID 1907 populated and the phone number was correct according to them after they rebooted their servers.
TiVo then said if we force connections to TiVo central and then reboot it should have informed TiVo that is should load the launch point since it now had the 1907 (Harford) CTRLID to ID my unit as XOD. Unfortunately it didn't do it, but TiVo at this point took responsibility for the problem.
They said it might take 24 hours to reappear. Mine finally reappeared last night, 4 days later.
Perhaps coincidentally, or maybe this also helped, I noticed on my online account, that I now have a digital receiver listed which I didn't before. I only have one outlet which has a Cable Card, I don't have any STBs other than my Roamio, so I can't confirm this has anything to do with it.
Anyway, I hope all Marylanders who were affected have been fixed.