TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #4651
moyekj

I'd say delete everything associated with pyTivoX and follow instructions for installing pyTivo. I'm not sure why the Mac Wiki even lists pyTivoX anymore as I don't think Mac users should be encouraged to use it in any way - right now it's the 1st thing mentioned in that page.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #4652
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
...I'm not sure why the Mac Wiki even lists pyTivoX anymore as I don't think Mac users should be encouraged to use it in any way - right now it's the 1st thing mentioned in that page.
I just went in and removed that whole section. I'll do some more cleanup/improvement work on the OSX install page as I find free time. It'll be in the same vein as the work I did on the Windows install page last year, which I think helped improve new-to-pytivo user acceptance quite a bit.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #4653
riise317

Quote:
I'd say delete everything associated with pyTivoX and follow instructions for installing pyTivo. I'm not sure why the Mac Wiki even lists pyTivoX anymore as I don't think Mac users should be encouraged to use it in any way - right now it's the 1st thing mentioned in that page.
ok, so i finished installing, following all instructions. my tivo can see the folder i set up to share and the video inside is also visible.

once i attempt the transfer it immediately errors out with a "Message #86"

any ideas?
riise317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #4654
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by riise317 View Post
ok, so i finished installing, following all instructions. my tivo can see the folder i set up to share and the video inside is also visible.

once i attempt the transfer it immediately errors out with a "Message #86"

any ideas?
Did you use the "wmcbrine" fork of pyTivo? I know that fork supports TS .TiVo files - not sure about other forks. Assuming you have the right fork installed then now you need to post pyTivo console messages. It also helps to add "debug=true" in the Server section of pyTivo.conf so you get more verbose messages about what pyTivo is doing.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:51 PM   #4655
riise317

Quote:
Did you use the "wmcbrine" fork of pyTivo? I know that fork supports TS .TiVo files - not sure about other forks. Assuming you have the right fork installed then now you need to post pyTivo console messages. It also helps to add "debug=true" in the Server section of pyTivo.conf so you get more verbose messages about what pyTivo is doing.
yes i did use the wmcbrine fork (https://github.com/wmcbrine/pytivo), hopefully thats correct.

i have added the "debug=true" to my .conf file. could you tell me what you mean by posting my pyTivo console messages? sorry about the confusion, still strying to familiarize myself with all this. thanks again

EDIT: i just added another section with some movies i have on my comp (mostly.avi files) and they transfer no problem.

Last edited by riise317 : 05-06-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #4656
moyekj

Assuming you are starting pyTivo from command line, such as:
./pyTivo.py
OR
python pyTivo.py

you will see a bunch of messages spit out to the terminal. You can capture all those messages in a file using this:

./pyTivo.py >& pyTivo.txt
OR
python pyTivo.py >& pyTivo.txt

Then try transferring the TS .TiVo file and then stop pyTivo and post here the resulting pyTivo.txt file.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #4657
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by riise317 View Post
yes i did use the wmcbrine fork (https://github.com/wmcbrine/pytivo), hopefully thats correct.

i have added the "debug=true" to my .conf file. could you tell me what you mean by posting my pyTivo console messages? sorry about the confusion, still strying to familiarize myself with all this. thanks again

EDIT: i just added another section with some movies i have on my comp (mostly.avi files) and they transfer no problem.
Do you have your MAK in the pyTivo.conf file? It needs that to decrypt a .tivo file, even if it is going back to the same TiVo from whence it came. The TiVo is not expecting an encrypted file.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:00 AM   #4658
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Do you have your MAK in the pyTivo.conf file? It needs that to decrypt a .tivo file, even if it is going back to the same TiVo from whence it came. The TiVo is not expecting an encrypted file.
That's only the case for a PUSH. For a pull a .TiVo file is left as is.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #4659
riise317

Quote:
Assuming you are starting pyTivo from command line, such as:
./pyTivo.py
OR
python pyTivo.py

you will see a bunch of messages spit out to the terminal. You can capture all those messages in a file using this:

./pyTivo.py >& pyTivo.txt
OR
python pyTivo.py >& pyTivo.txt

Then try transferring the TS .TiVo file and then stop pyTivo and post here the resulting pyTivo.txt file.
i started creating the text file while i was testing another download and i think the first file i downloaded from kmttg may have been corrupt.

i started over...i downloaded a show through kmttg with metadata only checked off. the resulting .tivo file was able to be transferred back through pyTivo with no issue or quality loss. i also tried using cTivo to download a decrypted .mpeg2 file with metadata and was also able to transfer back through pyTivo.

i passed out during the last transfer so i haven't tested it yet, but i have a kmttg file downloaded with metadata and decrypt checked off. hopefully that will transfer as well. i believe those were the options i had checked with the original file that wouldn't transfer, but i guess we shall see
Old 05-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #4660
jilter
Happy to be here.

I had been using PyTivo successfully for years. Then things were moved around in my home and I can not isolate the problem.
Would someone care to please help me find my issue?
I think it should be fairly easy, i just do not understand the language of programming, so when I read the debug file, I do not know how to make heads or tails from it.
When inputting http://localhost:9032, it returns the error:Unable to connect.

edit to add: I did turn off my firewall on my router to see if that would allow me to connect, but it did not.
Thank you,
Jill

Last edited by jilter : 05-10-2014 at 11:37 AM.
jilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #4661
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilter View Post
when I read the debug file, I do not know how to make heads or tails from it.
So, post it...

Quote:
When inputting http://localhost:9032, it returns the error:Unable to connect.
Then pyTivo isn't running.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #4662
jilter
Happy to be here.

Thank you very much for your time in replying. I have been at this all morning, and I decided to delete all my pyTivo folders and files and start from scratch.
I was able to finally see the pyTivo page and I am on number 11 in your EXCELLENT pyTivo-Wiki-Windows Install:
"Click on Web Configuration link to change your pyTivo settings."
That link does not appear, at the top is just pyTivo
and Settings .
I guess I missed something in the install,
Thanks for your patience.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #4663
jilter
Happy to be here.

Interesting: when I run pyTivo from the Command Line, I get the following.
PLEASE NOTE - I had to edit the below to separate the INFO: from the letter 'P"
because on this forum that produces a smile icon and one is limited to 8 per post. I wonder why I have not come across someone posting about that before? (insignificant but I felt I should point out the spaces between INFO: and pyTivo...are inserted after for posting on this forum - (I left one smilie in so one could see what I am referring to)

INFO: pyTivo:Last modified: Mon Apr 21 12:36:46 2014
INFO: pyTivo:Python: 2.7.6
INFO: pyTivo:System: Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP2
ERROR: pyTivo.config:Bad ffmpeg path: /usr/bin/ffmpeg
INFO: pyTivo.beacon:Scanning for TiVos...
INFO: pyTivo.beacon:Series3
INFO: pyTivo.beacon:Announcing shares...
INFO: pyTivo.beacon:Registering: MyMovies
INFO: pyTivoyTivo is ready.
INFO: pyTivo:10.0.0.9 [10/May/2014 13:14:40] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryConta
iner&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
INFO: pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [10/May/2014 13:18:49] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 -
Old 05-10-2014, 02:35 PM   #4664
lpwcomp

Quote:
Interesting: when I run pyTivo from the Command Line, I get the following.
PLEASE NOTE - I had to edit the below to separate the INFO: from the letter 'P"
because on this forum that produces a smile icon and one is limited to 8 per post. I wonder why I have not come across someone posting about that before? (insignificant but I felt I should point out the spaces between INFO: and pyTivo...are inserted after for posting on this forum - (I left one smilie in so one could see what I am referring to)

Code:
INFO: pyTivo:Last modified: Mon Apr 21 12:36:46 2014
INFO: pyTivo:Python: 2.7.6
INFO: pyTivo:System: Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP2
ERROR: pyTivo.config:Bad ffmpeg path: /usr/bin/ffmpeg
INFO: pyTivo.beacon:Scanning for TiVos...
INFO: pyTivo.beacon:Series3
INFO: pyTivo.beacon:Announcing shares...
INFO: pyTivo.beacon:Registering: MyMovies
INFO: pyTivo:pyTivo is ready.
INFO: pyTivo:10.0.0.9 [10/May/2014 13:14:40] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryConta
iner&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
INFO: pyTivo:127.0.0.1 [10/May/2014 13:18:49] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200
-
When you want to post something like this w/o the smilies, "Go advanced" and either surround it with "CODE" tags (my preference) or turn off smilies.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #4665
moyekj

Quote:
Thank you very much for your time in replying. I have been at this all morning, and I decided to delete all my pyTivo folders and files and start from scratch.
I was able to finally see the pyTivo page and I am on number 11 in your EXCELLENT pyTivo-Wiki-Windows Install:
"Click on Web Configuration link to change your pyTivo settings."
That link does not appear, at the top is just pyTivo
and Settings .
I guess I missed something in the install,
Thanks for your patience.
That looks normal, then click on "Settings" and then choose "Global Server Settings" and fix the path to ffmpeg.exe which is currently wrong in your setup. Then click on "videos" and put in path to where your video files reside and save and restart pyTivo using the so-named buttons.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #4666
jilter
Happy to be here.

Thank you.
I was able to see the shares from my Tivo.
This interface with pyTivo is completely different than I remember.
It used to be a program installed in my Programs list and I could choose between Service or Console.
I am so happy just to be able to pull videos from my PC right now, but my curiosity is getting the best of me. Could that have been a different version of pyTivo I was using?
Old 05-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #4667
lpwcomp

Quote:
Thank you.
I was able to see the shares from my Tivo.
This interface with pyTivo is completely different than I remember.
It used to be a program installed in my Programs list and I could choose between Service or Console.
I am so happy just to be able to pull videos from my PC right now, but my curiosity is getting the best of me. Could that have been a different version of pyTivo I was using?
I never used it, but I would guess that you were probably using the Windows Installer, which hasn't worked for many years.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #4668
jilter
Happy to be here.

Quote:
I never used it, but I would guess that you were probably using the Windows Installer, which hasn't worked for many years.
I see, so how do people typically start pyTivo?

Also, after scouting around, I experimented with transferring an MP4 file to my Tivo. The file was much smaller and thus the transfer much faster than the first one I tried (xvid). I do not recall using MP4s before. Has Tivo always been able to read MP4 files?
Old 05-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #4669
lpwcomp

Quote:
I see, so how do people typically start pyTivo?
I guess most run it as a service, but I just run it in a command prompt window. That way I can see what's going on.

Quote:
Also, after scouting around, I experimented with transferring an MP4 file to my Tivo. The file was much smaller and thus the transfer much faster than the first one I tried (xvid). I do not recall using MP4s before. Has Tivo always been able to read MP4 files?
Series 4 (Premiere) and later can play h.264. Make sure you have "ts=on" in the pyTivo.conf.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #4670
mattack

I only recently set up pytivo (I used to use pyTivoX, which is really old), and I am not intending to do any conversion, so as far as I remember, all I have changed from the default is add my path, and I set a user setting to use transport format (so I still get captions).

I've transferred various things, but trying to transfer back my recent downloads of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, it seems like one command is giving another command bad input, so I have basically CLI prompts interspersed in the output.. Here's the whole output...

What else do I need to set up to be able to transfer these properly back to my Tivo?

Thanks.

INFOyTivo.video.video:[10/May/2014 20:11:46] Start sending "/Volumes/tivo3/kmttgdownloads/Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D/05_06_2014 Ragtag 121.mpg" to Premiere4
ffmpeg version 2.0.2 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
built on Oct 9 2013 10:18:52 with llvm-gcc 4.2.1 (LLVM build 2336.11.00)
configuration: --prefix=/Volumes/Ramdisk/sw --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-version3 --enable-libspeex --enable-libvpx --disable-decoder=libvpx --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-avfilter --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-filters --enable-libgsm --arch=x86_64 --enable-runtime-cpudetect
libavutil 52. 38.100 / 52. 38.100
libavcodec 55. 18.102 / 55. 18.102
libavformat 55. 12.100 / 55. 12.100
libavdevice 55. 3.100 / 55. 3.100
libavfilter 3. 79.101 / 3. 79.101
libswscale 2. 3.100 / 2. 3.100
libswresample 0. 17.102 / 0. 17.102
libpostproc 52. 3.100 / 52. 3.100
[mpeg2video @ 0x7fde58803200] Invalid frame dimensions 0x0.
Last message repeated 3 times
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=97507, dts=97508, size=6860
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=106516, dts=106517, size=6753
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=115525, dts=115526, size=1502
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=124534, dts=124535, size=6476
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=133543, dts=133544, size=4019
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=142552, dts=142553, size=6905
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=151561, dts=151562, size=6370
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=160570, dts=160571, size=749
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=169579, dts=169580, size=8172
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=178588, dts=178589, size=5140
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=187597, dts=187598, size=5661
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=196606, dts=196607, size=7168
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=205615, dts=205616, size=1569
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=214624, dts=214625, size=6942
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=223633, dts=223634, size=13777
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=232642, dts=232643, size=20762
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=241651, dts=241652, size=1210
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=250660, dts=250661, size=1413
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=259669, dts=259670, size=2594
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=268678, dts=268679, size=1304
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=277687, dts=277688, size=3332
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=286696, dts=286697, size=2796
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=295705, dts=295706, size=678
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=304714, dts=304715, size=2799
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=313723, dts=313724, size=2324
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=322732, dts=322733, size=2723
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=331741, dts=331742, size=2723
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=340750, dts=340751, size=693
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=349759, dts=349760, size=2908
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=358768, dts=358769, size=3092
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=367777, dts=367778, size=2733
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=376786, dts=376787, size=3267
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=385795, dts=385796, size=702
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=394804, dts=394805, size=3275
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=403813, dts=403814, size=2900
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=412822, dts=412823, size=663
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=430840, dts=430841, size=700
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=439849, dts=439850, size=700
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=448858, dts=448859, size=699
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=457867, dts=457868, size=701
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=466876, dts=466877, size=701
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=475885, dts=475886, size=701
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=484894, dts=484895, size=702
Input #0, mpeg, from '/Volumes/tivo3/kmttgdownloads/Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D/05_06_2014 Ragtag 121.mpg':
Duration: 01:03:00.91, start: 0.435233, bitrate: 6752 kb/s
Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p, 1280x720 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 59.94 fps, 59.94 tbr, 90k tbn, 119.88 tbc
Stream #0:1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 384 kb/s
Please use -b:a or -b:v, -b is ambiguous
Output #0, mpegts, to 'pipe:':
Metadata:
encoder : Lavf55.12.100
Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1280x720 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], q=2-31, 6368 kb/s, 59.94 fps, 90k tbn, 59.94 tbc
Stream #0:1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), 448 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (copy)
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=97507, dts=97508, size=6860
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=106516, dts=106517, size=6753
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=115525, dts=115526, size=1502
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=124534, dts=124535, size=6476
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=133543, dts=133544, size=4019
[mpeg @ 0x7fde5881a600] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=142552, dts=142553, size=6905
[mpegts @ 0x7fde58b1c000] first pts value must be set
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid data found when processing input
INFOyTivo.video.video:[10/May/2014 20:11:47] Done sending "/Volumes/tivo3/kmttgdownloads/Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D/05_06_2014 Ragtag 121.mpg" to Premiere4, 34216 bytes, 0.86 Mb/s
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:16 AM   #4671
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Series 4 (Premiere) and later can play h.264.
Even the Series 3 will accept h.264, in MP4 files, but only via Push.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:25 AM   #4672
lpwcomp

Mattack,

Did you transfer them to the computer in TS format? If so, what did you use to convert them to mpg?

Did you add "ts=on" to the pyTivo global settings?

I would suggest running QS fix, but only if you have VideoReDo. The projectx version doesn't retain captions.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:26 AM   #4673
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
What else do I need to set up to be able to transfer these properly back to my Tivo?
You could undo the ts=on setting, since the remux is failing. (Yes, then you'd lose captions.)

From the command line, try this:

ffmpeg -i filename.mpg -vcodec copy -acodec copy -fflags +genpts newfile.ts

and then try transferring that new file.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:13 AM   #4674
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Even the Series 3 will accept h.264, in MP4 files, but only via Push.
huh. Learn something new everyday.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #4675
ZombiE
TIVO Bender

Hi everyone!

I have been running pytivo for, I can't remember how many years? 6, 7 anyway my server MB died on my this past weekend and in setting up my new "server" I found myself staring at the screen trying to figure out how to set pytivo back up? So naturally I came here, 156 pages of Pytivo info!!!!! OMG. Can someone please point me to a ---> how to set up pytivo from scratch?
I also upgraded from XP to Win 7 on that computer. I am hoping that all programs will run ok on win7? Thank you to whomever can point me in the correct direction so I can help myself.

TCD540040 - S2 282 hours, HD died, back to 80 hours.
TCD649080 - S2 DT 351 hours!
TCD649080 - S2 DT 560 Hours!
ZombiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #4676
ZombiE
TIVO Bender

Pytivo setup from scratch

Hi everyone!

I have been running pytivo for, I can't remember how many years? 6, 7 anyway my server MB died on my this past weekend and in setting up my new "server" I found myself staring at the screen trying to figure out how to set pytivo back up? So naturally I came here, 156 pages of Pytivo info!!!!! OMG. Can someone please point me to a ---> how to set up pytivo from scratch?
I also upgraded from XP to Win 7 on that computer. I am hoping that all programs will run ok on win7? Thank you to whomever can point me in the correct direction so I can help myself.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:33 PM   #4677
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombiE View Post
Hi everyone!

Windows 7 should be fine. I run pyTiVo on several windows 7 machines. Follow the steps in the link below and post here for help if you need it.
http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...indows_Install
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:17 PM   #4678
ZombiE
TIVO Bender

Thanks!

Thank you GonZotek! Appreciate the nudge. Hopefully when I get going my brain will start to remember, ha!

Old 05-13-2014, 05:51 PM   #4679
mattack

Quote:
Mattack,

Did you transfer them to the computer in TS format? If so, what did you use to convert them to mpg?

Did you add "ts=on" to the pyTivo global settings?

I would suggest running QS fix, but only if you have VideoReDo. The projectx version doesn't retain captions.
I'm doing this all on a Mac.. so obviously I can't do any of that.

I did not transfer them to the computer in TS format.. I simply tivodecoded them (err, kmttg did).

I sure thought moyekj told me in some other thread that I *didn't* have to originally transfer them in TS format to be able to transfer them _back_ in TS format.

I'll try turning off the ts=on. I thought I tried that before, but maybe not.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #4680
moyekj

When transferring FROM TiVo in either TS or PS container captions are preserved. The problem is for series 4 and later TiVos when you transfer back it has to be in TS container else captions won't work. So if transferring back in PS container you have to use ts=on setting in pyTivo to preserve captions.

Based on mattack's pyTivo log post above he already has ts=on setting, so pyTivo is using ffmpeg to remux from PS to TS container as expected, but the problem is that is failing. Hence wmcbrine suggested a manual fix to try to see if it solves the problem by adding "-fflags +genpts" option to ffmpeg remux command.

If you remove ts=on it should transfer back as is and thus won't use ffmpeg and it should work, but you won't have captions in the resulting transfer.