TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-06-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
rlcarr

iOS apps don't see my Roamio anymore

Sometime in the past week or so (I don't use the apps that often) the TiVo apps on my iPhone and iPad are no longer seeing my Roamio.

Whenever I start the app it claims I am "away from home network", and when I try to log in with the Media Access Key the apps claim it is invalid (!). I can see the MAK in my Roamio system info page and it's the same as it's always been and matches what I see when I log into tivo.com.

It doesn't seem to be connectivity -- I can go to http:<streamIP>:49152/sysinfo (where "streamIP" is the IP address of the stream device embedded in the Roamio) and see the info screen fine from the iPhone, iPad, and my laptop.

I've also tried uninstalling the iPhone app and reinstalling it several times to no avail (haven't done this on the iPad because I have a bunch of downloaded shows that I don't want to redownload if I don't have to).

The sysinfo screen says:
System Time: Tue May 06 2014 19:46:12 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Software Version: 19.1.6-USB-6
Build Date: Feb 18 2014-11:01:05
Network Address: 192.168.1.133
Hardware Address: 00:11:<redacted>
Serial Number: <redacted>
Streaming State: Ready
Transcode Status: Idle (1009058s)
System Power: Standby (1008452s)
System Temp: 40 C

Any idea what the heck could be going on?

Last edited by rlcarr : 05-06-2014 at 06:45 PM.
rlcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #2
rlcarr

With respect to the actual networking setup, the Roamio is connected to the LAN via MoCA (with the ethernet port feeding a local switch that the TV, blu-ray player, and game console are connected to). And as I said, it was working fine as of a week or so ago.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
jwbelcher

reboot your roamio, it should clear it up (first hand experience)

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...3#post10064333
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
rlcarr

Rebooting the Roamio did nothing to fix this

(FWIW, my Roamio is at 20.4.1)
Old 05-06-2014, 09:57 PM   #5
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Try logging in with your tivo.com email and password login.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #6
moyekj

If you indeed cannot login using your MAK then that is the problem. Quadruple check that you are entering the MAK properly. I've had kmttg users having trouble in the past and swearing they've entered the right MAK only to discover they were transposing numbers and entering the wrong one.

If you still can't login with MAK then try logging in with tivo.com username + password and confirm that works, then logout and try logging in with MAK again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:38 PM   #7
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

It has to be with the Tivo.com login not using tivo and MAK on the Tivo iOS/Android app.

~~~~~

Old 05-06-2014, 10:47 PM   #8
rlcarr

I can log into the iOS app with my tivo.com credentials, but it still claims I am away from my home network. Oh well. Try again tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #9
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I have had it happen where it thinks its away from home network and asks to login and I just tap OK.

~~~~~

Old 05-06-2014, 10:50 PM   #10
jmbach

I had an issue when my Roamio updated to 20.4.1. The IOS app stated the Roamio was out of network but the stream inside of it was in network. In fact the stream did not work with the Roamio but worked with the Premiere XL on my home network. Rebooting the Roamio and uninstall the app followed by reinstalling the app fixed my problem. Everything works as designed now. BTW when I rebooted the Roamio, I did not just pull the plug, I went into the menu and told it to restart. Upon restart I pulled the plug and waited a minute before plugging it back in.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:50 PM   #11
moyekj

By definition if you login with tivo.com credentials you are going to get "away from home" behavior in the app - this is by construction in the app itself. If you want full in home functionality you have to login with MAK. As I said, quadruple check you are entering MAK properly. It should be 10 number digits without any dashes or non-numerical characters.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:35 AM   #12
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

My wife has seen the same thing with our new Plus running 20.4.1, and yes we triple checked the MAK. It will say invalid MAK when connecting - sometimes a reboot of the phone (a 5c) will fix it, sometimes a reboot of the Plus does. When it does connect and shows local everything works as intended, but you're never guaranteed that it will do so.

It's very buggy, in other words.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:43 AM   #13
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
By definition if you login with tivo.com credentials you are going to get "away from home" behavior in the app - this is by construction in the app itself. If you want full in home functionality you have to login with MAK. As I said, quadruple check you are entering MAK properly. It should be 10 number digits without any dashes or non-numerical characters.
This is not correct. I have never logged in with my MAK, I've always used the full credentials and have never had a problem with it detecting I'm on my home network.

I'm logged in on 2 iPads and 1 iPhone right now using the tivo.com login and everything is working as expected.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:32 AM   #14
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
This is not correct. I have never logged in with my MAK, I've always used the full credentials and have never had a problem with it detecting I'm on my home network.

I'm logged in on 2 iPads and 1 iPhone right now using the tivo.com login and everything is working as expected.

-Kevin
OK, I guess I never tried it as I've always used MAK login at home, and with kmttg RPC functionality the MAK login must be used to communicate locally with TiVos for full functionality - the tivo.com login gives you more limited functionality communicating with middlemind.tivo.com. But the fact that MAK login doesn't work still indicates there's a problem.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #15
stacycris

This happened to me on one of my iOS devices (but not the other) after the 20.4.1 update to the Roamio. After several attempts of trying to get it to connect, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. That fixed it for me.
stacycris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:15 PM   #16
ronnieh2

I had to reset my router and this worked for some unknown reason.
ronnieh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #17
Time_Lord

I know you said rebooting the Roamio didn't fix it, however I have two Roamios and I was having problems with the Stream portion on both units. One would see the other but not vice versa and transferring of shows always failed. One Roamio also showed up as Streaming away from home.

I attempted to issue the reboot on the Stream directly but that didn't resolve it, I then rebooted both units and everything appears to be happy again. (I have a Premeir as well but did not restart that unit)

In a nutshell what you experienced doesn't seem to be isolated to you.

-TL
Time_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote