TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
abovethesink

Strange minor wishlist behavior

My three year old had approximately seven billion season passes in my tv that he never watched but once in a while. I'd limit them to two episodes per and keep them at the bottom of the priority list while they remained keep until space is needed, but it still got annoying because they would constantly be on top of the list.

Last night I took the time to make a wishlist in his name that contained them all. It is much better, except that for some reason it insists on showing an episode of "Paw Patrol" outside the wishlist in the normal list. At first I thought I missed a season pass, but I didn't, and when I delete the file outside the wishlist it drops the count in the wishlist. Twice I have deleted an episode of Paw Patrol in this fashion and it is back again.

This is an exceptionally minor issue as it stands and I could certainly live with it, but I am curious as to what is causing it. I have a couple wishlists that grab certain sets of sports events and I have never seen this behavior before.
abovethesink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:11 AM   #2
pautler

This is a total guess, but I have seen a similar behavior when a show matches both a wishlist and a season pass (or 2 different wishlists, etc). Perhaps Paw Patrol is matching both your big group wishlist, and also some other item in your recording list. My guess is that the show is listed in both places, and that's why you see the counter change on the wishlist folder when you delete the episode from its other location.

-Joe
pautler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:04 AM   #3
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Yes, if a show is recorded for two different reasons, it will often occur twice (or more) in My Shows.

It's normally straightforward to find the other wishlist or SP that's recording it; what's often difficult to find/remember is if a "Collection" (set up from the Find TV&Movies sub-menu) records it. I've had several mysterious entries in My Shows that I only realized later were from a Collection.