TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
KDeFlane

Grimm vs. the MLB

Hey, SF Bay Area, I just noticed that tonight's Grimm is not being shown on my local NBC affiliate (KNTV) due to a baseball game. BUT I found it on channel 6 (KICU) instead, and I had to manually add it in. Whew! Glad I caught it.
KDeFlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
sieglinde

Good, I set that SP for channel 6 a while ago. And I just checked. It worked. Just set two SPs you are not going to get anything extra from channel 6.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:14 PM   #3
mattack

Yeah.. But !@$!@ Hannibal was still supposedly on KNTV. (i.e. I got a failed recording)

I ended up watching it from On Demand. I also happened to record something on Saturday with a minute of padding.. KNTV apparently aired it at IIRC 7PM in some other show's timeslot. (I didn't NOTICE any crawls during the 10PM Fri recording, but I didn't look carefully.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #4
KDeFlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieglinde View Post
Good, I set that SP for channel 6 a while ago. And I just checked. It worked. Just set two SPs you are not going to get anything extra from channel 6.
I haven't tried that trick. The season is almost over anyway. Tonight's another MLB game, so I'm making the switch manually. I just wanted to mention that TVGuide.com's online listings show channel 6 airing Grimm for only 30 mins -- surely a data entry error -- but TiVo guide looks correct.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
mattack

I sure thought I made a SP on KICU long ago, but guess not.. thank you guys + iPhone app..

Even though I'm recording this, does anybody remember when S2 showed up on Amazon Prime? Last year I watched most if not all eps via Amazon Prime whenever it showed up there... (I think originally because I had nuked a hard drive that had a bunch of the eps on it..) Now for this and The Americans, I'll keep recording them, but most likely watch via Prime when they're there.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
KDeFlane

Hey, SF Bay Area! Grimm season finale tonight, on the alternate channel (KNTV -> KICU) for those affected by MLB. Coming this fall, Grimm keeps its current timeslot followed by "Constantine", and I'll be setting up the parallel season passes for both.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:47 AM   #7
gwuinsf
Clueless Member

Arg! I was wondering where the season finale was. I hate when networks do this.

I'm the age of DVRs I wish there was a way networks could send us a message that this was going to happen.
gwuinsf is offline   Reply With Quote