TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-08-2014, 11:03 PM   #1
AMike

Recent Comcast Experience

I just picked up a Roamio last weekend. I went to my local Comcast store to pick up a cable card. The CSR pulled up my account and asked, do you have any of our boxes? Don't you want one? I told her, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but no. The TiVo box is light years ahead of your boxes and now that it has On Demand, there will never be a need for a Comcast receiver. Of course the CSR was shocked with what I had to say. She had no idea that On Demand was available on the Tivo.

I think this would be a great marketing opportunity for Tivo to tout the On Demand features in those Comcast markets where it is available. It's practically a no-brainer to get a Tivo in this market.
1-TiVo Premiere XL4
1-TiVo Mini
AMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:39 AM   #2
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

They did for a while, they must have stopped.
http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2012-04/...ity-on-demand/

Any marketing would help.

That Amazon FireTV Ad is brilliant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXoS0NYEHH0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

When Comcast actually offered Tivo's in the Boston market years ago, they did a lot of marketing. There were billboards and commercials all over the place. It did nothing to help rentals of the box. (of course it didn't help that the box was lousy)

Tivo still suffers from the same problem it did on day one. It's hard to explain the technology.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #4
mattack

Wait, "the box was lousy".. do you mean the "tivo UI in cable box" version? That's completely separate from regular standalone Tivos.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:38 PM   #5
Bigg

Comcast should have gone with TiVo, but they built their stupid X1 box instead.

The Boston Comcast TiVos were running on Moto boxes and had that weird remote. No MRV though, so it was crippled from the get-go. And the four FF speeds... that was just WEIRD.

Pretty sure I told the Comcast people that I only have Comcast because of TiVo, and they pretty much understood how crappy their boxes are. This is pre-X1 though.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote