Thanks in advance.
1) If the external fails, this will cause a total recording loss BUT will not damage my Roamio basic in any way, correct?
2) Do all externals work or only specific ones?
3) What is the size limit? 3TB like the internal?
4) Do all externals come with the necessary cords to connect?
5) Any specifc brand that would be recommended to either get or stay away from?
The short version of my dilemma is that I really want to upgrade my basic, but my wife is adamently against it as she doesn't want to lose a single recording. Given how much records each night, transferring the files is not realistic. I personally do not care if we lose our recordings once in a blue moon whether it be on a date I do it or randomly three years from now. It would be worth the extra space either way, but my wife isn't willing to take the short term loss and I am not about to go to spouse war over TV. External is definitely the lesser of two evils here.