TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #91
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLABB View Post
Thanks. So, if I have this right, everything will be fine as far as recording my season passes after the switch. I'll only have to run the guided setup in order to have a manageable guide, i.e., eliminate channels I don't get or don't ever want to watch. Also, I presume I may have to move some season passes to any new HD channels?
Yes, your season passes will be fine as long as you run guided setup the day of the switch. You should see a lineup called "Rebuild" or something similar. That will be the new all-digital lineup (just say the channel is wrong when it asks you to verify the channel during guided setup). For me, we had a few duplicate and missing channels for a few days but they cleared it up pretty quickly after a few days. But like I said, we didn't have many channel moves so none of the season passes I had changed anyways.

If you have season passes on SD channels, you will have to recreate them for the HD channel. If any of them aren't airing, you may have to wait until they are back in the guide to add the new season pass. So keep your old SD season passes around until you are sure you added the new HD season pass.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #92
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

Charter Altadena here. I was actually out of town during our switchover on the 29th of April. I didn't need to run guided setup and didn't lose any recordings (that I've noticed, yet).

Due to still-flaky Tuning Adapter performance, I do however put the device on a timer that power-cycles the TA and the Roamio once a day when I go out of town.

The only thing I had to do was move season passes from SD channels to the new HD channels (like BBCA), but the ones on the SD channels were still working, and all my HD ones are untouched.

Maybe because Altadena has been a long time Charter region that there was no mass-renumbering going on. It was just new channels showing up.

--Carlos V.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #93
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbeliever View Post
Charter Altadena here. I was actually out of town during our switchover on the 29th of April. I didn't need to run guided setup and didn't lose any recordings (that I've noticed, yet).
Most markets created new lineups because the digital upgrade rolled out in stages so not everyone even in the same city got the new lineup at the same time. A few didn't create new lineups but that is not the norm. Even without running guided setup, it probably will not affect your current season passes for most channels since most markets didn't move most of the major channels.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #94
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

But I see all the new ones. First time I hit the TiVo button, I got the message "You got a bunch of new channels, here they are:" and the guide data is populated on the new channels (which was why I was able to create HD season passes to replace the SD ones).

So 91001 was an "all at once" switchover.

--Carlos V.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:34 PM   #95
JosephB

They have been doing more and more "flash cut" upgrades to all digital lately. For example, I believe Montgomery, AL went all at once.

Former: S1, S2 TiVos, UltimateTV, SD DirecTiVo (x3), SA 8300HD w/Passport Echo, DirecTV HR-24 (x2) , DISH 722k, DirecTV Genie + 2 mini
JosephB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:49 AM   #96
mrschimpf

Sheboygan, Wisconsin all-digital went off this morning; after checking if the listings were in Zap2It I found out the new listings were in Rebuild, so I did have to run Guided Setup. Lost my archived antenna channels over the years, but outside a couple missing listings (and someone at Charter thinking Univision=Universal HD), no hitches, all wishlists retained and my season passes transferred to the new channels, though my WMC PC setup didn't get the new lineups yet.
mrschimpf is offline   Reply With Quote