TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
perilousp69

Problems with my Roamio remote

Is anyone else out there having problems with their Roamio remote? It's supposed to work without a direct IR connection. But maybe half the time I'm using it while it's not pointed at the Roamio the remote doesn't work. Always works fine when direct IR connection is made.

I've changed batteries and done everything else suggested at Tivo support.

Any thoughts out there?
perilousp69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:19 AM   #2
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Switching from the included remote, to the slide, and then moving the included remote to my mini and pairing it using the receiver from the slide, I got some weirdness in both rooms, with it dropping to IR mode all the time, missing key presses, etc. Trying to re-pair it didnt help...

What did help was resetting/clearing the remote, and then re-pairing it. From then on, both remotes have been absolutely rock-solid in staying in RF mode and working 100% of the time.

This will clear everything, so if you've programmed in the IR code to power your tv on and off, you will have to re-do it.

"To perform a global reset

The Global Reset function unpairs the Roamio remote from the paired DVR, then clears any other remote settings, such as IR codes for your television or other A/V device. Use this function to unpair a remote and return it to the out-of-box settings.

IMPORTANT: You will need both the paired Roamio remote and the DVR to perform a global reset. If your paired remote has been lost or damaged, you will need to use a new remote in IR mode to put the DVR in a pairing state, then pair the new remote to the DVR. For instructions, see To Pair a different remote to your DVR.

To perform a global reset:
1.Press and hold the TiVo + TV Power buttons until the activity indicator blinks red.
2.Press Thumbs Down three times, then press Enter.
The activity indicator will flash red three times if the global reset is successful. "
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #3
Lyme Greene

I was having the same issue. Actually roamio came with a bad remote first and then second remote was spotty like yours. I tried to get TiVo to fix it, but they were of the opinion that it was something on my end interference wise. Well the software update screwed up my tivo, so I finally got them to replace it and since, the remote has been much better. Now instead of 30-40% percent misfires, it's closer to 2% and I can actually use it from under my blanket. It's only been a few days, but it's much better.
Lyme Greene is offline   Reply With Quote