TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
Apwmel

Can I transfer my contents

I have a Phillips Directv TiVo, which I am told has a problem on the mother board and needs to be replaced. My question is how can I transfer the contents on my current unit to another unit or is there someone who provides a service like this?
Apwmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
Sorry, this can't be done. The content is all encrypted with the key tied to the motherboard.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apwmel View Post
I have a Phillips Directv TiVo, which I am told has a problem on the mother board and needs to be replaced. My question is how can I transfer the contents on my current unit to another unit or is there someone who provides a service like this?
Only way is to use a PC capture type card if it can play the recorded contents, if not there is no way.

There was a method but that only works for new recordings and not those already recorded and that doesn't help you. I think you can find out more at deal data base dot Com. Back in the day there was scripts and Ptvnet which would enable ethernet networking, install the Web server to it, hackmanager and allow transfers but that was a long time ago. Without encryption disabled prior to recording, there is nothing you can do.
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #4
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
If you can play the recordings, you can capture them to an external device, but you can't store them on another DTiVo.

Yes, if one has previously "hacked" the DTiVo and disabled encryption, plus installed networking hardware, it's possible, but after the fact, no.