TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #1
Ecrivanne

Xfinity + Roamio = Constant Network Problems

The roamio is constantly dropping off the wireless network, I have n02, c133, V02, n09, c d e f g h i j k etc etc etc errors every single day. Rebooting the xfinity router does nothing. Restarting the tivo does nothing. It will hop back on intermittently only to be totally unusable the next. You can rarely go into "what to watch now" or on demand. There is a near constant "cannot connect to network" or "There is a problem with the Tivo" error on top of the screen. If I go in and manually try to connect, I get error after error. Oftentimes every channel is blacked out. It is so frustrating I am about to just give it away!!! The most telling thing is that it won't connect to xfinity in my own house with a good signal, but if I have it connect to my neighbor's guest network which has a poor 25% signal IN ANOTHER HOUSE it connects with no problems whatsoever and begins downloading!!! This obviously is not a solution for so many reasons. I know for a fact that signal strength is not the problem. Also my internet works flawlessly on ALL other devices - computers, androids, tablets all connect immediately with no problems whatsoever. I am at my wits end. Someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Ecrivanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #2
jrtroo
User

It is not meant to be used in the way you are trying. Wireless is really only for guide data.

Hardwire ethernet or MOCA.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:38 AM   #3
aaronwt
HD Addict

Maybe get a better Access Point? I use Asus APs. My Romaio Basic has zero issues with wireless. From a user perspective, I can't tell a difference whether I use Wireless or Ethernet. They are both rock solid in my setup.

Streaming from my other TiVos to my Roamio Basic or streaming from my Roamio Basic to my Minis is great either way.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #4
jmbach

If the unit connects to something and operates as expected, then something in your network is suspect. From past experience, it is usually your firewall/router. I just recently changed my firewall and had all sorts of issues. Took several days to find out what ports to open and then had to turn off content filtering to get it to work. Try going into settings> network and run the diagnostic. It will tell you if it is a port issue. If it is not then may need to look at things like content filtering, stateful inspect, etc. Could try to turn off all firewall related settings to see if it will work. Also, if you have problems connecting with between TiVo devices within your network wirelessly, make sure AP isolation is off.
As a side note, I have read on somewhere on TCF or tivo.com that the xfinity wireless has issues with connectivity and TiVo devices. As far as I know, no one has done the above troubleshooting, but they turn off the wireless on the xfinity and they get a good AP and everything works.