TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 141 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #1051
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshivers View Post
I suggest reading this entire thread, all your questions have been answered many times...
No thanks.
ThreeSoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #1052
andyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSoFar View Post
No thanks.
We'll see you back soon
Old 04-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #1053
pauljb55
Now in Miami Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
We have information on our website discussing CableCARDs that don't support six tuners on Roamio:

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2566/

Click on "CableCARD Troubleshooting" and then "I have Roamio Plus or Roamio Pro, but only four tuners are working".

We are aware that Comcast is in the process of updating the firmware on their Cisco/Scientific Atlanta cards in five markets (Memphis, TN; Naples, FL; Sarasota, FL; Redlands, FL; West Palm, FL) which should be completed in October. If you are in one of these markets, please use the code on the help page to set your number of tuners to 4, until their update is complete.
HAHAHA, its almost May 2014 and Naples still cant support more than 4. Also, sent you an email with the data you requested, using the code, I loose tuners that are active and still stuck with 2 that don't work.

Between 2 accounts:
Two Roamio Pros
Four Premiers of varying levels
Two HD Tivos
One Mini
pauljb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #1054
pshivers
Retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljb55 View Post
HAHAHA, its almost May 2014 and Naples still cant support more than 4. Also, sent you an email with the data you requested, using the code, I loose tuners that are active and still stuck with 2 that don't work.
One very important step is left out of the instructions given above by TiVoMargret.

Once you have entered the code for the number of tuners you want active and hear the confirmation "Dings", you must RESTART the Tivo! Otherwise you will continue to have problems with the active tuners!!!
Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #1055
pauljb55
Now in Miami Beach

We completed the steps twice. Once with 4, then restarted, then with 3 and restarted again. Still kept the two that did not work.

Between 2 accounts:
Two Roamio Pros
Two HD Tivos
One Mini
Old 04-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #1056
dkraft

Quote:
I also live in Naples and have the same problem. I have the TiVo set to use 4 tuners and sometimes some of the 4 don't tune.
dkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #1057
pauljb55
Now in Miami Beach

I'm not alone! Yah....I'm not crazy!

Between 2 accounts:
Two Roamio Pros
Two HD Tivos
One Mini
Old 04-30-2014, 06:59 PM   #1058
dkraft

Quote:
I'm not alone! Yah....I'm not crazy!
Some will say we are the minority and everything is ok with TiVo. If TiVo released the Roamio with out knowing the largest cable provider had issues with the cable cards, they did not do proper testing. If they released the Roamio knowing it had issues, they should have said so and posted a disclaimer. Companies make business decisions based on revenue, sometimes they miscalculate. This tuning issue is going to cost TiVo subscribers. I for one have dealt with this since Septemberf 2013 and am ready to go back to Directv. We know it is the cable card, but we also know Tivo knew and sold the units anyway.

Last edited by dkraft : 05-01-2014 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #1059
andyf

Need to fix that September 2014
Old 05-01-2014, 05:37 AM   #1060
dkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
Need to fix that September 2014
Thanks
Old 05-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #1061
dkraft

I decided since my 6 tuner Roamio was only using 4 tuners and the 4 was not reliable, I would replace the cable card. I have replaced the cable card. I was excited when the cable card started to update. No luck, it did not update to 1.5.3. All 6 tuners appear to be working ok. I figure I'll just keep all 6 tuners on even if some of them fail at times. Why limit to 4 tuners if they are not reliable. I might have better odds with 6 maybes than 4 maybes. At least when Xfinity On Demand started I could watch the missed shows, but Xfinity On Demand has not worked for the last few days. There is a separate thread on that. Maybe this cable card will work perfect.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #1062
dkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkraft View Post
I decided since my 6 tuner Roamio was only using 4 tuners and the 4 was not reliable, I would replace the cable card. I have replaced the cable card. I was excited when the cable card started to update. No luck, it did not update to 1.5.3. All 6 tuners appear to be working ok. I figure I'll just keep all 6 tuners on even if some of them fail at times. Why limit to 4 tuners if they are not reliable. I might have better odds with 6 maybes than 4 maybes. At least when Xfinity On Demand started I could watch the missed shows, but Xfinity On Demand has not worked for the last few days. There is a separate thread on that. Maybe this cable card will work perfect.
Update. While watching a channel the tuner suddenly stopped showing picture and popped up a message about not being authorized. It was tuner number 4. Just checked the TiVo Support site and this is listed on their site.
>>>>>>>>>
The following CableCARD firmware versions are capable of handling six tuners:

Motorola CableCARDs-version 2.65 or later
Cisco/Scientific Atlanta CableCARDs-OS Ver: PKEY1.5.2.2801 or later
>>>>>>>>>>>

I have version 1.5.2_F.p.3001

Last edited by dkraft : 05-04-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #1063
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Update. While watching a channel the tuner suddenly stopped showing picture and popped up a message about not being authorized. It was tuner number 4. Just checked the TiVo Support site and this is listed on their site.
>>>>>>>>>
The following CableCARD firmware versions are capable of handling six tuners:

Motorola CableCARDs-version 2.65 or later
Cisco/Scientific Atlanta CableCARDs-OS Ver: PKEY1.5.2.2801 or later
>>>>>>>>>>>

I have version 1.5.2_F.p.3001
There are possible other reasons for what you saw. I'm not saying you don't have a problem, but this itself is not yet firm evidence for a cablecard problem.

If a Suggestion or Wishlist starts to record on some channel you don't get, the cablecard card screen will pop up, even though the screen is completely unrelated to the tuner you are watching now. This has been the behavior of TiVos since day one of cablecards. This can happen (and every few months it happens for me) even if you have perfectly functioning cablecards.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #1064
pshivers
Retired!

You need firmware release _153.1101
Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

Old 05-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #1065
dkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
There are possible other reasons for what you saw. I'm not saying you don't have a problem, but this itself is not yet firm evidence for a cablecard problem.

If a Suggestion or Wishlist starts to record on some channel you don't get, the cablecard card screen will pop up, even though the screen is completely unrelated to the tuner you are watching now. This has been the behavior of TiVos since day one of cablecards. This can happen (and every few months it happens for me) even if you have perfectly functioning cablecards.
The channel stopped displaying the video and stopped tuning the channel I was watching. No other channels were recording or changed.

I have also found this n TiVo Support.
>>>>>>>>>
The other reason you might not be able to use all 6 tuners is a software bug that impacts copy-protected material. When you view or record a copy-protected program, your CableCARD might go into a state where it can only support 5 tuners. You will be able to use all 6 tuners when you finish watching or recording the copy-protected content.
>>>>>>>>>>€

I have now changed to 5 tuners. I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #1066
dkraft

Quote:
I have read where some people have called Comcast and have had Comcast push a cable card update. I have had no luck finding the information on how they got comcast to update their cable card.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #1067
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Cisco CC FW PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601 works just fine also.

Comcast has stated there are issues with OS Ver PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1101 regarding copy protection:
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity...hread-id/93096

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #1068
boblip11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Cisco CC FW PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601 works just fine also. Comcast has stated there are issues with OS Ver PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1101 regarding copy protection: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity...hread-id/93096

Just an FYI... This morning while watching Live TV on my Roamio, Comcast updated my cable card to 1.5.3.1011. This was not at my request, so the rollout is happening automatically in some areas. I am in Clinton, CT
boblip11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #1069
pauljb55
Now in Miami Beach

What makes it so difficult to update firmware/why does it take so much time to roll out? Are the head ends in each market different?

Between 2 accounts:
Two Roamio Pros
Two HD Tivos
One Mini
Old 05-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #1070
pshivers
Retired!

Just a guess on my part, but I'd say the biggest roadblock to firmware upgrade roll outs is internal politics at the cable company...
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

Last edited by pshivers : 05-10-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #1071
aridon

Quote:
What makes it so difficult to update firmware/why does it take so much time to roll out? Are the head ends in each market different?

Each individual market is almost like its own entity.
aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:16 PM   #1072
bmgoodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
An FCC complaint is likely to provide more benefit to you. It's an FCC requirement that they supply you with a 6-tuner cablecard once they make more than a 4-tuner device available in your area.

I'm sure if you talk to the right folks at Comcast National, you'll get action from Comcast. It's just finding those folks that is so difficult, as you've discovered! An FCC complain will get high up attention, especially now in the pre-TW-merger era.
Thanks to CrispyCritter, my FCC complaint got my firmware upgrade pretty quickly!

He did a search on Tivo Roamio in his help system and found a Comcast document that says a firmware upgrade is required. But he noted that it failed to link to any information on how the tech should proceed to *get* said upgrade. He said he was going to escalate the issue to have a link added. So *maybe* some of the rest of you will benefit.
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:31 PM   #1073
pshivers
Retired!

I love it when complaining to a huge government bureaucracy actually nets desired results! 3 for 3 that I know of from this thread...
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

Last edited by pshivers : 05-15-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #1074
c_tripps_2k

Quote:
I have read where some people have called Comcast and have had Comcast push a cable card update. I have had no luck finding the information on how they got comcast to update their cable card.
Took me 5 cable cards, 1000 minutes, numerous calls to comcast and TiVo, 2 emails and a written letter to comcast CEO, a complaint to BBB, and FCC.

Comcast=
c_tripps_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #1075
Pejota

Just posting to say that, with no action on my part, I was upgraded to 1.5.3_F.p.1201 on Comcast here in Celebration, Florida two days ago. This comes after just getting 1.5.2_F.p.3001 back in February, again without contacting anyone.

Happy to report no issues with all six tuners.
Pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:01 PM   #1076
jwbelcher

Let us know how 1201 goes. That's the first I've seen of it (unless its a typo).
Sony SAT-T60 + Turbonet (Retired)
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:59 AM   #1077
clintavila

Thumbs down Comcast is the Worst!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pejota View Post
Just posting to say that, with no action on my part, I was upgraded to 1.5.3_F.p.1201 on Comcast here in Celebration, Florida two days ago. This comes after just getting 1.5.2_F.p.3001 back in February, again without contacting anyone.

Happy to report no issues with all six tuners.
I have been going round and round with Delerie Magee from Comcast Cares for 3months! It's become very clear they (Comcast) DO NOT care. Email after email after email for 3 months! Each time promising that she will find out how to get me the firmware upgrade and apologizing while I read about others who got a phone call within 24 hours of emailing Comcast Cares along with their firmware upgrade. And to pour salt on the wound even a customer in my area of Houston managed to get the upgrade in 24 hours. I reached out yet again and she is no longer responding to my emails.

How is it that cell phone companies can roll out entire new operating systems (Apple/Android) to millions of customers in a month?! Yet Comcast who has had this firmware since June of 2013 can't manage to push this fix to a comparably tiny group of TiVo users?!! WTF? Obviously they couldn't care less if TiVo users have fully functioning systems. In fact, the last time I had a technician to my home he was quick to say that Comcast would no longer be supporting cable cards and that's why there are no "new" cable cards. They can't legally do that yet someone is telling their techs this information. And even worse he stated "why would you want a TiVo? The X1 from Comcast is what I should have as it's a superior system." I think the look of disgust on my face was very clear b/c he changed the subject.

This is exactly why allowing Comcast to takeover Time Warner would be a horrible thing. It's clear customer service is not a priority. They lie. They misinform. From the top brass at Comcast Cares to the phone people to the technicians that come to my home. None of them have a clue. A year later and nothing has changed. If it were not for these forums, TiVo users would have no idea that a firmware upgrade is the reason for all this misery. Comcast is the worst!!

Last edited by clintavila : 05-31-2014 at 12:49 PM.
clintavila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:52 AM   #1078
Pejota

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbelcher View Post
Let us know how 1201 goes. That's the first I've seen of it (unless its a typo).
It's definitely 1201, with a build date of 3/12/14. So far it's been smooth sailing.
Pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:34 AM   #1079
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pejota View Post
It's definitely 1201, with a build date of 3/12/14. So far it's been smooth sailing.
Great to hear! Definitely the latest version to-date. Comcast did have copy protection issues with 1101 on non-TiVo boxes which stalled the roll-out. Maybe this rev will close out those areas still stuck on 1.5.2.
Sony SAT-T60 + Turbonet (Retired)
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #1080
bmgoodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintavila View Post
I have been going round and round with Delerie Magee from Comcast Cares for 3months! It's become very clear they (Comcast) DO NOT care.
I'll do for you what another forum user did for me, which is recommend you file a complaint with the FCC. My months of runaround quickly turned into Comcast calling and calling ME to talk about upgrading my firmware, rather than the other way around! I think it was under 2 weeks from their first response to my complaint until they upgraded me. (And most of that was my delay in getting back to them!)

Look back in this thread for my other posts for what might be helpful information in your case.
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote