TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-29-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
2004raptor

Roamio HD channels questions.

Just got the roamio hooked up but haven't had time to tinker. One thing the kids mention is when you go to the guide you have to scroll all the way through the low channels to get to the HD channels. With the comcast DVR you could just go to the menu and press the HD button.

Is this possible on the roamio? I do have a harmony on remote if somehow that would help.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
tarheelblue32

Not really sure why they would be scrolling through the lower channels to get there. Just type in the channel number you want to start with while in the guide and it will take you there. But if you don't like the SD channels showing up in the guide, you can go into the settings and uncheck those channels so they won't appear in the guide.
tarheelblue32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #3
BigJimOutlaw

- To answer specifically, in the Guide, press A for options. Show Category > HD.

- They could also use the Channel Up/Down buttons to scroll through full pages of channels at a time really fast.

- Or jump to a starting channel number by entering it while in the Guide... 500, 800, 1000... wherever your HD channels begin.

- Or if you really want to micro-manage, you can mark channels as Favorites and set the options to just see those.

It takes time, but I eventually went in and removed all SD channels that had HD equivalents, just to eliminate redundancies.

Last edited by BigJimOutlaw : 04-29-2014 at 06:42 PM.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:35 PM   #4
2004raptor

Thanks to both of you. Once I'm able to look through all the menus I'll see if either of those suit me. If I do decide to eliminate SD channels, is it easy to add them back? Or would I have to go through setup again?

It's been a long time since I've used a tivo.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Thanks to both of you. Once I'm able to look through all the menus I'll see if either of those suit me. If I do decide to eliminate SD channels, is it easy to add them back? Or would I have to go through setup again?

It's been a long time since I've used a tivo.
It's as easy to add them back as it is to remove them. You don't have to go through guided setup again.
tarheelblue32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #6
BigJimOutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Nah. Under Settings > Channels > Channel List. You can add/remove as you wish.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #7
aaronwt
HD Addict

Or just have the guide show "all" channels for the rare time you want to see what is on the SD channels in the guide. At least that is what I do. Since the options are right there when looking at the guide.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote