TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-30-2014, 12:30 AM   #1
stecho

Roamio Pro Problems

Long time Tivo owner, bought Pro in Sept., had random reboots about monthly and flakey HDMI connection. Finally in March my HDMI port went out. Was sent new Pro as replacement, HDMI connection is good but I continue to get random reboots, since getting "new" Pro in March and I've been getting reboots at least weekly which is even more that my first. Got update last week and got random reboot within 2 days, past 2 days I've gotten 3 reboots, 2 this evening within 1 hour of each other, a real pain during prime-time . Anyone else getting reboots? Any suggestions? I still use my Tivo HD (upgraded with Seagate video HD) it has run for years 24/7. I can't remember my HD ever rebooting and has never had a problem. Love the Roamio's features but kinda losing faith in the Roamio already, luckily I bought extended warranty as I have lifetime.
stecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:52 AM   #2
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

I had a similar problem with an older TiVo that was due to brown outs. Got a battery backup and never had an issue with them.

I've heard some of the issues with reboots are due to the CableCARDs causing conflicts that causes the TiVo to reboot.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:13 AM   #3
tarheelblue32

TiVo Mini reboots were sometimes being caused by HDMI handshake issues. I don't recall people reporting it causing Roamio reboots, but since you mentioned having HDMI problems, there is a possibility that could be a problem. You could try replacing the HDMI cable and getting an HDMI switch to sit between the Roamio and the TV. To keep it even simpler, you could also just try using a component cable rather than an HDMI cable. If you keep getting the reboots with the component cable then you can at least rule out any HDMI problems being the cause.
tarheelblue32 is online now   Reply With Quote