TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #6691
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNutz View Post
Yeah, this is very strange. Sometimes this happens on a single TiVo. I had one of the TiVo's turned off for several days, and it was doing it then as well. The other weird thing is, the shows are being recorded on the same TV network, at the same time. KMTTG's GUI shows the same Ep numbers, but switches it on the fly in auto-download, or loop in gui.

This never happened when I had 3xSeries2 TiVo's with KMTTG, it just started when I switched to the HD units. I'm in the process of moving my KMTTG and pytivo services to a new PeeCee, we'll see if this problem follows.

If it does, I'll try the setup change to look at particular TiVo for a particular show
Based on preliminary testing, it looks like there is also a potential problem if the "Check TiVos interval" is less than the download time.
But the timing would have to be just right (or wrong .

Some questions that haven't been asked or answered:

Are you running the latest version of kmttg?

Do you possibly have duplicate entries in the auto transfer list?

Any chance you are running multiple instances of kmttg?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #6692
moyekj

Quote:
Yeah, this is very strange. Sometimes this happens on a single TiVo. I had one of the TiVo's turned off for several days, and it was doing it then as well.
Don't understand what you mean. What happens exactly? I'm really not following what you are saying.
Quote:
The other weird thing is, the shows are being recorded on the same TV network, at the same time. KMTTG's GUI shows the same Ep numbers, but switches it on the fly in auto-download, or loop in gui.
That's likely a mismatch between local TiVo guide data and the TiVo Mind server guide data. Since you have series 3 units and supply tivo.com login information the NPL is 1st populated with local data and then kmttg grabs server data to supplement, and episode numbers can change in that process. (You don't have to be in auto transfers mode to see that happen, simply refresh the NPL and wait for the "remote" job to finish). For series 2 units, "remote" jobs aren't supported at all so you had only local TiVo guide data. You can turn off the "remote" part if you want by not configuring kmttg with login information, but that is usually much worse as local guide data tends to have a lot of missing information, especially episode info.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 04-26-2014 at 04:50 PM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #6693
BankZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
OK, I've added a note in Wiki and in tooltip for next release advising not to use Mac OS selection for look and feel.
I was wrong. It happens with all themes (just not as bad). The latest versions don't seem stable on my Macs. I am going to have to try older versions
BankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:41 PM   #6694
AudioNutz

Thumbs up

Thanks for continuing to chat about this, guys. I think Kevin is on to something...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Are you running the latest version of kmttg?
Yes. When this started, I was on "p", but I moved to "r" when it was released recently.

Quote:
Do you possibly have duplicate entries in the auto transfer list?
Great suggestion! I just checked, and no, I don't have any duplicates for these shows.

Quote:
Any chance you are running multiple instances of kmttg?
I thought of that too. I've had two instances fighting each other in the past, and usually they fight each other for the TiVo server, and since it won't let you have two downloads at a time, one or the other just fails. These duplicates are happening in perfect sequence. But... I checked, and no multiples.

Quote:
Don't understand what you mean. What happens exactly? I'm really not following what you are saying.
What I'm saying is, three weeks ago I only had a single TiVo in the house, because the second one was out for some "soldering". During the time when I only had one single TiVo in the house, this duplicate download syndrome was happening.

Quote:
That's likely a mismatch between local TiVo guide data and the TiVo Mind server guide data. Since you have series 3 units and supply tivo.com login information the NPL is 1st populated with local data and then kmttg grabs server data to supplement, and episode numbers can change in that process. (You don't have to be in auto transfers mode to see that happen, simply refresh the NPL and wait for the "remote" job to finish). For series 2 units, "remote" jobs aren't supported at all so you had only local TiVo guide data. You can turn off the "remote" part if you want by not configuring kmttg with login information, but that is usually much worse as local guide data tends to have a lot of missing information, especially episode info.
Now this is VERY promising. Remind me again the benefits of having my logon info in there? Remind me the difference between regular NPL vs. Remote NPL?

I really appreciate the help on this. I bet theres a difference in the metadata vs. The mind server guide data! Thanks, TWC!
Old 04-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #6695
moyekj

I don't understand how the so-called duplicate download syndrome could apply to 1 unit unless you are somehow recording duplicates of shows on that unit which would be unusual.

The "remote" task for series 3 units connects to middlemind.tivo.com to collect NPL information. As I mentioned, typically local guide data has holes such as missing episode information which the remote data collection can fill. That is one advantage of supplying logon information. It is also what allows some of the other limited Remote tab functionality available to series 3 units. (Series 4 and later units with RPC functionality have much more complete Remote tab functionality).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:18 AM   #6696
lpwcomp

Quote:
Now this is VERY promising. Remind me again the benefits of having my logon info in there? Remind me the difference between regular NPL vs. Remote NPL?
I could be wrong, but I think there is some data available in the remote NPL that isn't there locally, and vice versa.

Quote:
I really appreciate the help on this. I bet theres a difference in the metadata vs. The mind server guide data! Thanks, TWC!
Can't really blame TWC for this. It's all coming from TiVo.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:50 AM   #6697
AudioNutz

Quote:
I don't understand how the so-called duplicate download syndrome could apply to 1 unit unless you are somehow recording duplicates of shows on that unit which would be unusual.
Right! I don't understand how that would happen either.

Quote:
Can't really blame TWC for this. It's all coming from TiVo.
LOL! I blame TWC for EVERYTHING! All kidding aside, I assumed that TiVo was getting the mind information from TWC. I blame TWC for my need to stay on S3 or earlier devices, and also the requirement for the soldering.

Ok guys, like I said, I really appreciate the help on this. After some testing, I've discovered that removing my logon information does indeed help this. The trouble is, I needed to completely delete config.ini because deleting the logon information in the config window brings it right back the next time I open the window. I haven't figured out what process is bringing it back, but doing a very limited amount of config allows it to stay removed. I'm just guessing, but my prime suspect is configuring the pytivo tab allows KMTTG to steal the logon info from the pytivo.conf. It's not in the actual config.ini file, but it's in the GUI... Weird!

Questions:
  1. I thought that the auto jobs were filtering by the number in the auto.history. Since these shows are placing a single entry in the auto.history, does it make sense that this mind data is causing this?
  2. Is there a way to solve this so the auto decision is made by the mind data, or the local data, rather than both, as it seems?
  3. Is there a way to use the pytivo tab, without it automagically putting the logon information in the TiVos tab?

Old 04-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #6698
epstewart

Quote:
Eric, I just confirmed that for .TiVo files, pyTivo pulls will not transcode them in any way regardless of the "ts" setting. So if you want to transfer back PS .TiVo files and preserve captions on the TiVo, you 1st need to decrypt them to .mpg before transferring back with pyTivo and ts=on setting.
Kevin,

I've still been trying to see how to have my cake and eat it too, that is, download shows in a form that preserves closed captions on the Mac while allowing me to send shows back to the TiVo Roamio Plus still with captions intact -- and also allowing me to (if I want) decrypt and transcode the Mac copies at will, again preserving captions on the Mac and (when pulled back to the TiVo) showing captions on the TiVo.

As we've said before, I can archive shows along with their captions if I download them to the Mac using the Program Option Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format in kmttg, creating a TS-format .TiVo file on the Mac that apparently cannot be decrypted or processed any further. It can, however, be pulled back to the TiVo with closed captions intact. Whether the pyTivo ts = on setting is used seems to make no difference in this scenario.

I can also, in kmttg, leave the Program Option Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format unchecked and download the show in Program Stream (PS) format as a .TiVo file, and also decrypt that file into a .mpg (MPEG) file. It looks like both the .TiVo file and the .mpg file on the Mac retain closed captions.

Then, using pyTivo on the Mac, I can transfer either of these files back to the TiVo by "pulling" them over to the TiVo from its Now Playing List (NPL).

By the way, I put copies of the tdcat and tivodecode binaries from kmttg in pyTivo's /bin subdirectory. (It already had an ffmpeg binary there.) In pyTivo's Global Server Settings I set ts = on and I furnished my TiVo's Media Access Key (MAK) and (not relevant to this discussion?) my username and password at TiVo.com.

I seem to be finding that the Mac's decrypted, PS-format .mpg file retains its closed captions when pulled back to the TiVo!

I'm not sure whether providing tdcat and/or tivodecode binaries to pyTiVo was necessary to make that work, or whether I really needed to specify my MAK. Are tdcat, tivodecode, and my MAK really needed in this regard?

Apparently, pyTiVo is using ffmpeg when it sends .mpg files back to the TiVo, correct?

The Mac's un-decrypted, PS-format .TiVo file plays fine when pulled back to the TiVo, but lacks captions.

I guess you have said it before, but please explain again why the decrypted PS version in a .mpg file, like the un-decrypted TS version in a .TiVo file, maintains closed captions all the way back to the TiVo, while the un-decrypted PS version (again in a .TiVo file) loses its captions when pulled back to the TiVo.

One would think that since the decrypted PS version is derived from the un-decrypted version, the decrypted version would stand a better chance of winding up with missing captions.

Is the explanation that using ffmpeg in the process of pulling a .mpg file to a TiVo is what allows captions to work?

Thanks again for your help, Kevin.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:20 PM   #6699
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by epstewart View Post
Is the explanation that using ffmpeg in the process of pulling a .mpg file to a TiVo is what allows captions to work?
It's quite simple: with ts=on setting pyTivo will make sure transfers to TiVo are in mpeg2 transport stream container. So if you transfer decrypted .TiVo PS container files back using pyTivo, it will use ffmpeg to re-mux to TS container which is why things will work. TiVo Desktop OTOH will leave PS mpeg2 files alone and you don't get captions.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #6700
epstewart

Quote:
It's quite simple: with ts=on setting pyTivo will make sure transfers to TiVo are in mpeg2 transport stream container. So if you transfer decrypted .TiVo PS container files back using pyTivo, it will use ffmpeg to re-mux to TS container which is why things will work. TiVo Desktop OTOH will leave PS mpeg2 files alone and you don't get captions.
Thanks, Kevin, I think I now understand!
Old 04-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #6701
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

It seems Resume Downloads are working again on Roamio under 20.4.1 as I just tested it with an old version v0p9i.

Code:
>> RESUMING DOWNLOAD WITH OFFSET=3599892480 i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon -  - (RAW) -  2014.04.28-12.00.TiVo ...
http://192.168.1.120:80/download/KPIX%205%20News%20at%20Noon.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=16222
Saved 1 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon -  - (RAW) -  2014.04.28-12.00.TiVo: size=433.54 MB elapsed=0:02:07 (28.64 Mbps)
---DONE--- job=javadownload output=i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon -  - (RAW) -  2014.04.28-12.00.TiVo
Downloaded the last 3.5 minutes of an 1/2 hr recording as a test.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!

Last edited by ThAbtO : 04-28-2014 at 08:23 PM.
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:03 PM   #6702
wireman121

OK moyekj,

I have done a bunch of testing and this is what I've come up with:

With Auto Transfers enabled, if the check TiVos interval is less than the amount of time it takes to complete a download (and add the title to the auto.history) then it will re-add the metadata task.

The solution for this should be after Auto Transfer checks to see if there are any titles on the auto transfer list on a NPL, it should check to see if it is already processing a title (which can be done by checking the status of the icon next to the title, it if has a hourglass icon, then it can be considered already processing) and if it is already processing, then it should not re-add the already completed metadata task (or any task related to the currently processing transfer.) If the download fails, then it will fail and clear the rest of the tasks and not add the title to the auto.history file. So then auto transfer will re-add the tasks again at its next interval, which should be expected.

Somewhere I think this small check was overlooked, but I'm guessing (and I don't claim to know how your code works) it will be a easy if/else added into the auto transfer checking code.

Thanks!
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #6703
rickyTV

Slower transfer lately

Is it just me or has anyone else seen transfer speed drop by 1/3, down from mid 80 Mbps, down to mid 50's. This is in just the last few days.

I've got a roamio 4 channel and it's running 20.4.1. I rebooted everything and no change. Even rebooted my cisco switch the two are on.
rickyTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:34 PM   #6704
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman121 View Post
OK moyekj,

I have done a bunch of testing and this is what I've come up with:

With Auto Transfers enabled, if the check TiVos interval is less than the amount of time it takes to complete a download (and add the title to the auto.history) then it will re-add the metadata task.

The solution for this should be after Auto Transfer checks to see if there are any titles on the auto transfer list on a NPL, it should check to see if it is already processing a title (which can be done by checking the status of the icon next to the title, it if has a hourglass icon, then it can be considered already processing) and if it is already processing, then it should not re-add the already completed metadata task (or any task related to the currently processing transfer.) If the download fails, then it will fail and clear the rest of the tasks and not add the title to the auto.history file. So then auto transfer will re-add the tasks again at its next interval, which should be expected.

Somewhere I think this small check was overlooked, but I'm guessing (and I don't claim to know how your code works) it will be a easy if/else added into the auto transfer checking code.

Thanks!
OK thanks for the concise summary - gives me something to look at. Note that checking for duplicate jobs is an integral part of the code. For example try clicking on a title and press START button more than once and you'll see most tasks will not be duplicate queued. metadata task is an exception because there can be multiple metadata files created from the same source file (depending on your "metadata files" setting in config-Program Options), so that one is a little trickier to deal with.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #6705
moyekj

wireman21, I still can't reproduce the issue. As I posted above, during Auto Transfers, once processing starts for a particular TiVo that TiVo will not be processed again for Auto Transfers until all jobs for that TiVo are complete, so the interval you set is really irrelevant to the process if only talking about that one TiVo. So only way I can imagine there being an issue is with duplicate shows on different TiVos. i.e. I think there's more to it I don't know about yet in your setup.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:55 PM   #6706
wireman121

2 Tivos in my setup. both Premieres.
Auto Transfers is set to 5 mins.
For example, tonight 3 shows recorded 9-10 pm (The Tomorrow People on 1 tivo, The Following and Warehouse 13 on another) at 10:05 Auto transfer queued all 3 of them. Once the metadata downloads, the task is deleted from the queue. at 10:10, when auto transfer runs again, it re-adds it to the queue.

Only reason I noticed this is because for some reason, its messing up the rest of the task list and causing the non-download tasks not to run until all 3 downloads are completed (one at a time)

As I mentioned, I think auto transfers loop should continue to run even if some shows are being processed, so as additional shows are done recording, (say for example if I have a 10-10:30 recording) they can be added and processed by kmttg without waiting for the first added show to be completely finished before auto transfer loop runs again. I had requested this a while back (maybe over a year) and you had changed it to work this way....so if I am away from my house for days, when I come home all of the shows will be at the VideoReDo Review task, and not just the first show that finished recording..... I feel that it makes the automation process much smoother. Otherwise when I get home, there is only 1 show in VideoReDo review and once I close that, then it would add all the others, which defeats the purpose of having auto transfer in the first place...

You should be able to just add something into the auto transfer loop to confirm the show its trying to queue up isn't already being processed somehow, to remove the re-adding of the metadata task, which should fix the issue of tasks not being processed correctly...

God I hope that all makes sense.

Not sure why you're not seeing it as an issue on your end, What else can I do to help?
Old 04-28-2014, 11:56 PM   #6707
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
It seems Resume Downloads are working again on Roamio under 20.4.1 as I just tested it with an old version v0p9i.

Code:
>> RESUMING DOWNLOAD WITH OFFSET=3599892480 i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon -  - (RAW) -  2014.04.28-12.00.TiVo ...
http://192.168.1.120:80/download/KPIX%205%20News%20at%20Noon.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=16222
i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon -  - (RAW) -  2014.04.28-12.00.TiVo: size=433.54 MB elapsed=0:02:07 (28.64 Mbps)
---DONE--- job=javadownload output=i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon -  - (RAW) -  2014.04.28-12.00.TiVo
Indeed it does. However, there's a problem: If "Use RPC to get NPL when possible" option is enabled, there is no byte offset available in that data, only a time offset. Resume needs a byte offset to work. So it's not simply a question of re-enabling resume for series 4 units - I've got to code in obtaining byte offset if missing as well.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:00 AM   #6708
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman121 View Post
Not sure why you're not seeing it as an issue on your end, What else can I do to help?
I see there's an option under Auto Transfers setup called "Do not wait for all jobs to finish before processing new ones". That option is off by default. Do you have that turned on? If so then that probably explains it. I vaguely remember adding that option but never use it myself.

EDIT: Yes I can reproduce your issue now with that turned on. I was never fond of adding that option. Guess I'll have to try to account for it now that I can reproduce the problem.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:05 AM   #6709
wireman121

Yes! that was added per (I think) my request. Now I remember how it was implemented! haha.

So - Is there a variable in kmttg that the icon (check mark, nothing, hourglass)? I think if you add this in, it will fix everything-

right before the auto transfer loop adds the tasks to the queue, have an if statement check to see if that show already has an hourglass variable (I know that's not what its called, just trying to get my explanation across) and if it does, then abort adding any tasks related to that show. If there is no hourglass variable, then it is a new show, and process it as normal/add the tasks to the queue.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #6710
lpwcomp

Quote:
I see there's an option under Auto Transfers setup called "Do not wait for all jobs to finish before processing new ones". That option is off by default. Do you have that turned on? If so then that probably explains it. I vaguely remember adding that option but never use it myself.

EDIT: Yes I can reproduce your issue now with that turned on. I was never fond of adding that option. Guess I'll have to try to account for it now that I can reproduce the problem.
Actually, it happens even w/o that option checked. I reproduced the problem with duplicate metadata downloads when the check interval is < than the download time days ago, but I thought he was seeing duplicate downloads, which is why my post indicated that the timing had to be "just right (or wrong".

Wouldn't having that option on simply prevent it from running immediately? It would still be queued.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:22 AM   #6711
moyekj

Quote:
Actually, it happens even w/o that option checked. I reproduced the problem with duplicate metadata downloads when the check interval is < than the download time days ago, but I thought he was seeing duplicate downloads, which is why my post indicated that the timing had to be "just right (or wrong".

Wouldn't having that option on simply prevent it from running immediately? It would still be queued.
When that option is turned off (default setting), kmttg won't process auto transfers again until for that TiVo until all current jobs for that TiVo have ended, so it's never an issue. So with that option off you would have to have duplicate shows on different TiVos for that to happen.

In any case, I came up with simple fix: If the metadata file already exists then don't queue up a job for it. It doesn't directly relate to auto transfers setup, but makes sense regardless of context and effectively solves this problem.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:37 AM   #6712
moyekj

Quote:

Code:
Quote:
Indeed it does. However, there's a problem: If "Use RPC to get NPL when possible" option is enabled, there is no byte offset available in that data, only a time offset. Resume needs a byte offset to work. So it's not simply a question of re-enabling resume for series 4 units - I've got to code in obtaining byte offset if missing as well.
Strange, resume downloads seemed to be working last night, but when I try again on same show that worked last night it no longer works. So I think the TiVo http server has flaky support for byte offset and it's not reliable enough to enable.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #6713
moyekj

Quote:
In any case, I came up with simple fix: If the metadata file already exists then don't queue up a job for it. It doesn't directly relate to auto transfers setup, but makes sense regardless of context and effectively solves this problem.
beta kmttg.jar with above fix is available in this zip file if you guys want to test.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:10 PM   #6714
wireman121

Thanks. Will test tonight.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #6715
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Strange, resume downloads seemed to be working last night, but when I try again on same show that worked last night it no longer works. So I think the TiVo http server has flaky support for byte offset and it's not reliable enough to enable.
It still worked for me today, only Java downloads, and no RPC.

~~~~~

Old 04-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #6716
wireman121

Quote:
beta kmttg.jar with above fix is available in this zip file if you guys want to test.
Did a quick trial with this and it seems to have fixed both problems I was having. I will try again tonight, there's another 3 shows downloading at the same time...
Old 04-29-2014, 06:17 PM   #6717
moyekj

Quote:
It still worked for me today, only Java downloads, and no RPC.
Tried it again a short while ago. The 1st three times I tried it worked. Each time I cancelled the download as I don't want to wait for it to finish. I was going through all the different download combinations to test if they all work. Starting around the 4th try all of a sudden curl method no longer works. Curl gives:
"curl: (33) HTTP server doesn't seem to support byte ranges. Cannot resume."
However, the java method does continue to work... Strange.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:32 PM   #6718
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Tried it again a short while ago. The 1st three times I tried it worked. Each time I cancelled the download as I don't want to wait for it to finish. I was going through all the different download combinations to test if they all work. Starting around the 4th try all of a sudden curl method no longer works. Curl gives:
"curl: (33) HTTP server doesn't seem to support byte ranges. Cannot resume."
However, the java method does continue to work... Strange.
Code:
>> RESUMING DOWNLOAD WITH OFFSET=3832938496 i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon -  - (RAW) -  2014.04.29-12.00.TiVo ...
E:\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\DOCUME~1\Thabto\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie784816381881244948.tmp --url http://192.168.1.120:80/download/KPIX%205%20News%20at%20Noon.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=16223 -C 3832938496 --output "i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon -  - (RAW) -  2014.04.29-12.00.TiVo" 
i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon -  - (RAW) -  2014.04.29-12.00.TiVo: size=218.57 MB elapsed=0:01:58 (15.54 Mbps)
---DONE--- job=download output=i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon -  - (RAW) -  2014.04.29-12.00.TiVo
Even curl worked for me just now (v0p9i).

~~~~~

Old 04-29-2014, 06:37 PM   #6719
moyekj

Quote:
Code:
>> RESUMING DOWNLOAD WITH OFFSET=3832938496 i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon -  - (RAW) -  2014.04.29-12.00.TiVo ...
E:\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\DOCUME~1\Thabto\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie784816381881244948.tmp --url http://192.168.1.120:80/download/KPIX%205%20News%20at%20Noon.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=16223 -C 3832938496 --output "i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon -  - (RAW) -  2014.04.29-12.00.TiVo" 
i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon -  - (RAW) -  2014.04.29-12.00.TiVo: size=218.57 MB elapsed=0:01:58 (15.54 Mbps)
---DONE--- job=download output=i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon -  - (RAW) -  2014.04.29-12.00.TiVo
Even curl worked for me just now (v0p9i).
Try it a few times in a row, cancelling the download each time and then re-starting to see if it fails eventually as well.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #6720
bobdawsonvenice

Convert .wmv to .tivo for publishing (upload) from PC

This is my 1st time using kmttg and my 1st post - please be gentle.

I have a new Roamia and it often fails (sometimes restarts) when I try to publish (upload) a .wmv file that I add to an auto-transfer folder on my PC. I use the latest TiVo Desktop Plus (2.8.3).

I have read that I should use kmttg to first convert the .wmv file to .tivo format. I installed/opened kmttg but find it a little daunting.

In the FILES section I added a wmv file to be converted. I have opened and added several different encode files that have "tivo" in their filename, but none seem to result in output that has a .tivo format. Can someone tell me which Encoding Profile is for creating a .tivo file from a .wmv input?

Thanks.
bobdawsonvenice is offline   Reply With Quote