TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #61
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg View Post
I don't know why TWC is flagging them.
The answer is pretty simple. It's because they can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #62
Bigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephB View Post
"Incorrectly" assumes that there is a right or wrong answer to the question. The BHN rep regularly cites programming agreements. As much complaining that has happened if it was someone not knowing what they were talking about they would have fixed it by now. They know what they're doing, and they did it on purpose. If it was someone being moronic and not understanding, it would be hit or miss across their systems.
There is a right and a wrong answer. The flags go on the channels that require them. Non-premium cable channels don't require them, so they don't get flags. Comcast, Verizon and others run their systems this way.

That's a complete BS response, as the agreements obviously don't require flags, since not one of the several families of channels affected have them on Comcast or Verizon or others.

It is an actively wrong decision by someone at TWC/BHN. I.e. malfeasance, not nonfeasance.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #63
JosephB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg View Post
There is a right and a wrong answer. The flags go on the channels that require them. Non-premium cable channels don't require them, so they don't get flags. Comcast, Verizon and others run their systems this way.

That's a complete BS response, as the agreements obviously don't require flags, since not one of the several families of channels affected have them on Comcast or Verizon or others.

It is an actively wrong decision by someone at TWC/BHN. I.e. malfeasance, not nonfeasance.
Actually, neither of us knows the contents of the programming agreements signed between Time Warner Cable and all of the content companies. They may have agreed to do it to get a lower rate. And the only "rule" for CCI flags is that 1. broadcast channels cannot be flagged and 2. cable companies have to abide by any contractual agreements they enter into. If they flag everything else, that is their prerogative.

I'm not saying it's a good thing. I'm fully on-board with the opinion that they're screwing their customers. If their agreements don't require it, then they're being openly hostile to their customers. If their agreements DO require it then they have very poor programming buyers since no other MSO has that requirement.

Former: S1, S2 TiVos, UltimateTV, SD DirecTiVo (x3), SA 8300HD w/Passport Echo, DirecTV HR-24 (x2) , DISH 722k, DirecTV Genie + 2 mini
JosephB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #64
telemark

Which/what type of channels are copy freely or no flags, on BHN/TWC?

eg. Broadcast? CSPAN? QVC?
Old 04-21-2014, 05:06 AM   #65
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by telemark View Post
Which/what type of channels are copy freely or no flags, on BHN/TWC?

eg. Broadcast? CSPAN? QVC?
Broadcast only.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #66
sbiller

I had some SDV/TA troubles this morning that required a reboot of by Cisco TA and a reboot of my Roamio.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r291...s-this-Morning
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:34 PM   #67
Bigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephB View Post
Actually, neither of us knows the contents of the programming agreements signed between Time Warner Cable and all of the content companies. They may have agreed to do it to get a lower rate. And the only "rule" for CCI flags is that 1. broadcast channels cannot be flagged and 2. cable companies have to abide by any contractual agreements they enter into. If they flag everything else, that is their prerogative.

I'm not saying it's a good thing. I'm fully on-board with the opinion that they're screwing their customers. If their agreements don't require it, then they're being openly hostile to their customers. If their agreements DO require it then they have very poor programming buyers since no other MSO has that requirement.
It's not the broadcast agreements though. If they could somehow get a cheaper rate (which makes no sense), Comcast and Verizon and the others would be doing it too. They are just deciding to actively screw their customers for no good reason.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:05 AM   #68
flashedbios

Switch to fios

Wait until you rack up $250 in charges from brighthouse, skip on the bill and switch fios. there. they paid for your switch
flashedbios is offline   Reply With Quote