TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-29-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
Funkywabit

Have to keep signing in to Netflix

at least once a week I have to re-sign in to my netflix account on my tivo .. Anybody else have this problem?
Funkywabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:53 AM   #2
MARKPIE

I do on the Bed room box, no so much on the Living room box. It's a pain with the Peanut upstairs, but the Slide on the LR Tivo makes it a breeze. Not sure why NetFlix can't keep me logged in.
MARKPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:04 AM   #3
richk2

I have same problem with roamio. Very annoying - is there no solution?
richk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:45 PM   #4
abigail99

So annoying. Same problem here.
abigail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:51 AM   #5
sar840t2

I experienced this over the weekend. It's actually been several weeks since I had last used Netflix, so I'm not sure when the credentials actually expired.

My first reaction was "well, Netflix, given how little I use you, if you're going to periodically make me re-enter my email and password, maybe I should re-think the money I am giving you every month". But I'm not sure it's really Netflix's fault, maybe it's TiVo's fault.

I don't believe there have been any software updates applied to this box (Premiere Elite, aka XL4) since the last time I used Netflix. I do know that there were a couple of power-off/power-on cycles (due to having to replace a failed UPS), and I had assumed that those were the cause of it forgetting my credentials.

Mike
sar840t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #6
sar840t2

It happened again this weekend. There was definitely a reboot (and no OS upgrade) prior to this incident. So maybe they're not saving credentials over a reboot?

Does anyone know if the Roku has the same problem (maybe Netflix insists on this behavior?), or is it unique to TiVo?
sar840t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:16 AM   #7
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar840t2 View Post
It happened again this weekend. There was definitely a reboot (and no OS upgrade) prior to this incident. So maybe they're not saving credentials over a reboot?

Does anyone know if the Roku has the same problem (maybe Netflix insists on this behavior?), or is it unique to TiVo?
It's not at all usual for TiVo. Most TiVo users don't see this problem (even after reboots), but there is a small subset that sees it often. It could be on either the TiVo side or the Netflix side, and I don't think anybody knows which yet. (My guess is that it's a problem with TiVo's back-end servers losing track of what version of the Netflix app you have and making you relogin upon app update, but that's just a guess). TiVo at one point was looking for folks with this problem; it might be worth giving them a call so they know it's affecting you.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #8
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar840t2 View Post

This does not happen on my Roku or TiVoHD but on my Premier4XL.
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #9
sharkster

I have Roku 3 and this has never happened to me, using Netflix through the Roku. It must be something in the Tivo app.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote