TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-20-2014, 01:51 AM   #31
Mikem965

I'm trying to transfer programs from my premier to my new roamio. I get 10-11 programs in que and then get a C133 error stating I've lost wireless connectivity.
Tried this 4 times and the same thing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Mikem965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #32
telemark

Maybe nothing wrong. Sounds like intermittent wireless signal.

Is the box with the error on Ethernet as well? Do wifi computers near that Tivo have reliable internet?

Weak wifi will cause all sorts of headaches so if that's it you'll definitely want to try to fix it.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #33
aaronwt
HD Addict

Also some APs can't handle a consistent, fast wireless connection either and will cause issues.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #34
dbaguy

I realize this is an old thread but it would sure be nice if Tivo had a way of bulk selecting shows to copy from tivo to tivo.
dbaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #35
mattack

Yeah, but that's not really the "intent". Plus, you often lose things like episode #, episode title, etc., when moving between Tivos.. (As I said before, you often get BETTER metadata, but still not perfect, when using a computer as the go-between.)

Yes, I wish it all worked perfectly wholly in the Tivo ecosystem, but it doesn't.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #36
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Yeah, but that's not really the "intent". Plus, you often lose things like episode #, episode title, etc., when moving between Tivos.. (As I said before, you often get BETTER metadata, but still not perfect, when using a computer as the go-between.)

Yes, I wish it all worked perfectly wholly in the Tivo ecosystem, but it doesn't.
Really? When I transfer content from my Roamio Pro connected to cable to my Roamio Basic on OTA, all that info has always been intact. Even going from the BAsic to the Pro with OTA content, the info is still intact.

And then if I transfer it to my TiVo Desktop PC with KMTTG and then go to my BAsic and transfer it from the PC, all the info has still been intact. So far I have not run across any issues with it since getting my Roamio Basic last fall.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #37
lpwcomp

Metadata retention on a transfer is much better now when the destination is a Premiere or Roamio, regardless of the source. You still lose some on occasion, again regardless of source. In particular, any of the data such as Season & Episode #'s that are based on programId can be lost.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote