Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #31
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
You buy lots of things that don't come with printed out terms yet it is still illegal to copy them and still them.
I never said otherwise. You just bumped things to a whole new level, by bringing legality to the discussion, as opposed to the moral/ethical discussion that was going on.

I'm not going to engage any further (on this path). It's always the same thing once it gets this far. I've seen it far too many times before. A lot of things that nobody can prove get debated, then it degrades to accusations and name-calling. A big waste of time, based on the countless times I've seen it all before.

About the only new thing that comes to mind is that a stock Roamio ships with a blank drive, with no partitions or software, whatsoever. Older TiVos actually shipped with a factory-prepared drive, containing partitions and software, before the Roamio.

I'm not sure how much of anything that may, or may not, change. It's just the only new thing to bring to the otherwise "same old arguments".