TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #1
Bwatford141

V87 Errors on the mini...SOLVED

I just recently moved and was forced to switch from FIOS to TWC. My old house was fully wired with ethernet so I had my Roamio and Mini wired via cat 5e. Ethernet really isn't and option for me in my new rental, so I was forced to give Moca a try.

My set up is as follows.
Motorola SB6141 modem
Apple Airport Extreme router
Actiontec Moca adapter
2 POE filters (one at POE and another at TA)
5 way 2ghz splitter at POE and a 2 way 2ghz splitter at TA
I have 5 coax cables coming from the POE splitter (living room, MBR, office, and two bedrooms that are unused)

Set up with the Roamio went very smoothly. I did notice that MLB.TV was a bit choppy at times and not nearly as perfect as it was with my ethernet setup. I then connected and set up the Mini. I kept consistatly having "Lost Connection" (V87) issues with my Mini.

I tried everything that tivo.com/help/v87 recommended, but I continued to have this issue. Thank you to everyone that recommended assigning a static IP address to both the Roamio and the Mini. I have no idea why this worked, but it did! MLB.tv is now working perfectly and more importantly, so is my Mini...no more issues at all!

Thanks!
Bwatford141 is offline   Reply With Quote