TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #1
danterner
Not it!

From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series - First Season - Spoilers Okay

I did a search and didn't see any other thread on this. Is anyone else watching? It's on the El Ray Network, which is apparently Robert Rodriguez's own network and which I didn't know even existed until recently, but Comcast now carries it (at least in some markets). I think this may be one of the only shows on it right now. It's been pretty good so far. I'm up to Episode 4, which is the most recent. It seems to be following the story of the first movie but drawing it out and expanding upon it. Starring Don Johnson, Robert Patrick, Wilmer Valderrama, and a bunch of other people I don't know but all of whom are pretty good. It's definitely worth checking out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

I've watched the first episode and it has me interested, but so do a lot of other shows. I'm kind of just waiting to see what others have to say about it before I decide about investing more time in this show.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
danterner
Not it!

I'd say that so far it's been pretty strong - if you enjoyed the first episode, the next three are very similar in tone while progressing the story at a good pace. Only 10 episodes this season, I believe.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 04-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #4
retrodog
King Button Pusher

Where can I watch it, other than Comcast?
Vegetarians- The #1 preferred food source of carnivores.

Alcohol kills brain cells. But it's only the ones that were annoying the crap out of you anyway.
retrodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:43 AM   #5
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Where can I watch it, other than Comcast?
iTunes, Amazon Video On Demand, or through the collaborative magic of the internet.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 04-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #6
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

If you can stand to watch a crap load of commercials first, you can watch it for free on any device that plays Amazon Instant Videos by using HitBliss.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #7
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

I rewatched the first episode and watched the second episode, and I'm not really feeling it but it's not because I think it's bad. I'll give it 1 or 2 more episodes.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #8
getreal
postcrastinator

(moving my posts from a duplicate thread):

I am really enjoying this version of Robert Rodriguez' movie (written by Quentin Tarantino) remade for television (a la the Coen bros. remaking Fargo for TV). This is an interesting trend, if I can all it a "trend". Instead of sequel movies, bring it to tv and stretch out the character and plot development. Two hours becomes ten hours. But don't stretch the same plot over multiple seasons, like "Under the Dome". More like "American Horror Story", leave each season to stand on its own as one story.

Wilmer Valderrama makes an excellent bad guy! Robert Patrick is the former Pastor originally played by Harvey Keitel in the movie. There was even a picture of a younger Robert Patrick from his Terminator days on an ID Card.

Each episode has flashbacks to show how various characters arrived at a particular scene, which gives the viewer a new perspective of various scenes which appear at first to have little significance until we are shown the new POV.

Television has been evolving over the last few years.

Quoting from ShockTillYouDrop dot com:
Quote:
From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series airs its fifth episode tonight on the El Rey Network; Joe Menendez directs. I have to ask: Who is tuning in? I seem to be seeing one of two things…a.) no one can find out what channel the El Rey Network is and b.) there's apprehension about the series' quality.

For those with Time Warner in Los Angeles – you have El Rey. The channel is in the high 300s. Everyone else: Call your cable provider. There's a good chance you have it and don't know it.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:08 AM   #9
sieglinde

Weird channel. Full of old stuff and infomercials. I have watched two episodes. Weird show.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #10
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I just checked and it looks like El Rey is on DirecTV channel 341. It also appears I don't have a high enough package that includes it.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #11
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

It's on (Minneapolis) Comcast, but only in SD.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #12
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
I just checked and it looks like El Rey is on DirecTV channel 341. It also appears I don't have a high enough package that includes it.
Thx. Found it and looks like I do get the channel. I setup an SP.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #13
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

When FXX came to Direct I thought about getting the next package up. Got to get my Always Sunny fix. They wanted $15/month for the next package. I went through the channels in that tier and there were like 2 I was slightly interested in.