TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-16-2014, 05:20 PM   #91
jeffshome

Xfinity on demand live in Atlanta

I just noticed on My Shows Xfinity On Demand for the first time here in Atlanta.

Seems to be functional with all the programs listed and I was able to watch a TV show.

I'm watching on a Roamio.

Last edited by jeffshome : 04-16-2014 at 08:36 PM.
jeffshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #92
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I successfully watched the first episode of Cosmos last night without a single hiccup. Looks like the cable box is going back this afternoon. I'm so happy to finally be getting rid of that POS. Now that XFinity VoD is available, the Premiere and Roamio truly deliver on the original promise of CableCARDS to free us from the shackles of the MSO's equipment. As far as I can see, there is virtually no downside to ditching the Comcast box.
Cable Cards are still MSO equipment.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #93
jaj2276

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina and Tennessee added to the list today.
I came home today in Charleston, SC, and saw that Xfinity On Demand was available. I've watched a few shows and everything seems to be working. Great job Tivo and Comcast!
jaj2276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #94
fenlyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffshome View Post
I just noticed on My Shows Xfinity On Demand for the first time here in Atlanta.

Seems to be functional with all the programs listed and I was able to watch a TV show.

I'm watching on a Roamio.
I must be doing something wrong then. I'm in Marietta, and it's just not popping on my Roamios even after connections and reboots.
fenlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:04 PM   #95
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

confirmed, xfinity vod is active in north alabama, working without any issues!

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:04 AM   #96
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenlyn View Post
I must be doing something wrong then. I'm in Marietta, and it's just not popping on my Roamios even after connections and reboots.
I'm in Kennesaw. TiVo.com says it's available now (when I checked yesterday morning it wasn't). Will look again.

I've heard that Comcast has to have a TiVo Premiere billing code on your account in order for OnDemand to show up.

Update: working great here. Just checked it this morning.

Last edited by geekmedic : 04-17-2014 at 06:57 AM.
geekmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:23 AM   #97
mcf57

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmedic View Post
I'm in Kennesaw. TiVo.com says it's available now (when I checked yesterday morning it wasn't). Will look again.

I've heard that Comcast has to have a TiVo Premiere billing code on your account in order for OnDemand to show up.

Update: working great here. Just checked it this morning.
I'm with Comcast in the north Atlanta suburbs as well (Cumming area).
Has this rolled out EVERYWHERE in the Atlanta? I signed up months ago with my zip and they said I would be contacted when it becomes available. Will I first get an email about it or is it just ready in my area? Do I have to do the billing code thing as well?
mcf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:46 AM   #98
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Not showing up on my Elite even after reboot, I'm in the south Cobb area of ATL. tivo.com says I should have it in my zip.

But this is an old Cablecard that I've had for almost 6 years now when I first got an HD. If it doesn't show up, I'm sure no one in Comcast will know how to make it happen.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:38 AM   #99
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcf57 View Post
I'm with Comcast in the north Atlanta suburbs as well (Cumming area).
Has this rolled out EVERYWHERE in the Atlanta? I signed up months ago with my zip and they said I would be contacted when it becomes available. Will I first get an email about it or is it just ready in my area? Do I have to do the billing code thing as well?
i signed up for the email notification two years ago at tivo.com and haven't seen one yet - xfinity vod just appeared in the tivo menu yesterday.

to check if you have a premiere billing code, log into comcast.net, go into services, and look for your cable card in the list under the xfinity tab - the make and model should show "tivo premiere". if it shows premiere and is still not working, call the tivo cable card dept, and they'll help get you going.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 04-17-2014, 11:10 AM   #100
mcf57

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i signed up for the email notification two years ago at tivo.com and haven't seen one yet - xfinity vod just appeared in the tivo menu yesterday.

to check if you have a premiere billing code, log into comcast.net, go into services, and look for your cable card in the list under the xfinity tab - the make and model should show "tivo premiere". if it shows premiere and is still not working, call the tivo cable card dept, and they'll help get you going.
Ok, I found the TiVo page that lets you put in your zip. I put mine in (30041) and it says its available. Will have to try your suggestions and see if I can get it going on 3 of my premieres.

I have a TiVo Mini too (linked with a 4-tuner Premiere as the hose). Assuming it will work on this too, correct?
Old 04-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #101
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

It's available on all my Minis but I had to force a network connection and reboot them. This must've became active in my area after midnight.

I'm now realizing now much the OnDemand app sucks. Here's hoping Com adt will redo it soon.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #102
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcf57 View Post
Ok, I found the TiVo page that lets you put in your zip. I put mine in (30041) and it says its available.
good point, i don't remember the link being posted for a while, so if anyone else needs to check (log-in not required):
http://www.tivo.com/xfinity

Old 04-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #103
mcf57

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmedic View Post
It's available on all my Minis but I had to force a network connection and reboot them. This must've became active in my area after midnight.

I'm now realizing now much the OnDemand app sucks. Here's hoping Com adt will redo it soon.
yea, I heard it wasn't great. I also gave up hope it coming to the Atlanta area years ago. I'll of course take it & try to access it later, but it sounds like I am not missing much anyway.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #104
TiVoJimmy

I agree that the On Demand interface is terrible, but if searching for something to watch via TiVo or looking at a show you currently have, the app is fine.
TiVoJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #105
shiffrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post

I checked the web page every week or so and it always said XOD was not available. When I saw that it showed up one day in 'My shows', I checked the web page again and it now said it was available. I didn't get the email for another week.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #106
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJimmy View Post
I agree that the On Demand interface is terrible, but if searching for something to watch via TiVo or looking at a show you currently have, the app is fine.
agreed it isn't the best, but i prefer it to xfinity vod on any comcast branded equipment i've used.

the icon indicating vod availability when exploring the shows in the tivo hdui is awesome info.

Last edited by NorthAlabama : 04-17-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:00 PM   #107
jpwbikes

Big Grin

Finally!
jpwbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #108
twylie

Just picked up a cableCARD from my local Comcast office (west side of ATL), and when activating it, the rep confirmed they'd already set the TiVo Premier flag on the account.

I had to go through guided setup again once I installed and activated the card, but overall a pretty painless experience overall. In process of adding another few Mini to the house, but looking forward to returning the rest of my rental boxes and hardware.
twylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #109
PaperFriend

Why does Tivo and Comcast hate Houston? I know it is hot, humid, and the traffic sucks but those are even more reasons to stay inside and watch my Tivo.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:59 PM   #110
mcf57

Wink

HOLY Cow. I have it. UNBELIEVEABLE. I just noticed it in my TiVO menus for my Premieres. Its even on my Mini. Tried it and it works great. I never thought I would see the day. I guess I will be hanging on to cable a little longer than I thought.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #111
buscuitboy

Wink

Yea, just started working for me last night too. Is there now really ANY reason to get a crappy Comcast DVR box? I can't think of any right now.

I have none and don't plan on getting one. Combine that with the fact that I am only getting charged $1.50 for each of my Comcast cable cards (4 of them) and I can't see why ANYONE would choose an X1 cable box that are supposedly running about $10-15/month for EACH box.

All my TiVos are lifetime, but even if they weren't, I'd still rather pay about $10-13/month for a TiVo subscription over Comcrap's equipment. Highway robbery for an inferior product by Comcast if you ask me.
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #112
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Wow, just got it too. Unbelievable, never thought it would happen. Great job (finally) Comcast and Tivo.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #113
telemark

For those who just got activated, did the status webpage get updated at the same time?

The one here that uses your zip code:
http://www.tivo.com/discover/cable
Old 04-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #114
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by telemark View Post
For those who just got activated, did the status webpage get updated at the same time?

The one here that uses your zip code:
http://www.tivo.com/discover/cable
Yes my zip was updated same day.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #115
chetly

Comcast is sooo stupid. Xfinity on Demand

So here in middle TN, my Xfinity icon has showed up....video begins to play and freezes in 6 seconds....yes I've read all the forums. Don't get me started...billing codes verified and after 18 hours total in the past two days, I had the local Murfreesboro service center arguing with Comcast Cable Card activation over speakerphone. CC dept says the cards are inventoried as cable boxes, not cards. The service center denies this saying they are assigned to my account as Tivo Cable cards and the issue is with cable card support. Customer left hanging in the breeze. NAtional Comcast repair verifies that my cable cards are in the system as cable boxes and not cards. Yet the local office is not having it.....conferenced them and they argued.

bottom line, the local office even went so far to say Tivo is not allowed on their systems then of course corrected themselves, then said on Demand will NEVER be on cable cards or TiVo. I directed them to the TiVo/Comcast partnership site advertising the feature - they said the site was hacked.

Don't expect Xfinity On Demand in Middle TN.....they don't even know how to catch the bus to work, let alone provision your equipment. I told them I have the icon, I can scroll the menus.....they laughed and said it was not possible. I reacted by requesting 25 cable cards and cleaned them out. I'll hold them for a few days to prevent any other person being subjected to this until Corporate support calls me back Monday. Once fixed I'll return the 24 cards for credit to the account.
chetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #116
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetly View Post
NAtional Comcast repair verifies that my cable cards are in the system as cable boxes and not cards. Yet the local office is not having it.....conferenced them and they argued.
here's your trouble - national repair doesn't need to leave your issue unresolved just because they ran into a wall of misguided local techs.

call national repair back, request a supervisor or manager, explain the situation, and i'll bet they can get the help you need. if not, the next step is to send an email to a sr executive for help.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #117
AMike

I just noticed it today on my Tivo Premiere (I'm in the Gwinnett area of metro Atlanta). It is working like a charm! Zero issues thus far.

I've waited a very long time for this, but extremely pleased to see this. I agree with the earlier comment, there is no business to have a Comcast box now, even the X1.
1-TiVo Premiere XL4
1-TiVo Mini
AMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:20 AM   #118
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
So here in middle TN, my Xfinity icon has showed up....video begins to play and freezes in 6 seconds....yes I've read all the forums. Don't get me started...billing codes verified and after 18 hours total in the past two days, I had the local Murfreesboro service center arguing with Comcast Cable Card activation over speakerphone. CC dept says the cards are inventoried as cable boxes, not cards. The service center denies this saying they are assigned to my account as Tivo Cable cards and the issue is with cable card support. Customer left hanging in the breeze. NAtional Comcast repair verifies that my cable cards are in the system as cable boxes and not cards. Yet the local office is not having it.....conferenced them and they argued.
My cards show up as boxes on Comcast's website too, but VOD is working fine. Once again the area-dependent nature of how all this stuff works (and is billed for) on Comcast is apparent.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #119
chetly

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
My cards show up as boxes on Comcast's website too, but VOD is working fine. Once again the area-dependent nature of how all this stuff works (and is billed for) on Comcast is apparent.

Indeed....Nat'l Repair echoes this by saying Comcast is not only fragmented locally, each region uses different billing systems. So anyone reading forums here, on TiVo, or Comcast has a slim chance of getting the issue fixed using experience that customers have posted. A billing code used in Chicago wont work in Oregon or California as those codes are not used.

Just yesterday executive level support emailed me saying Xfinity On demand was not available in my area (Nashville) even though the zip code check on Tivo and Comcast Nat'l Repair says its live in my area. I even got an email this morning from TiVo saying it was live here. Horrible, horrible service by Comcast. I spent 18 hours over two days and an hour of driving to and from the local service center in Murfreesboro working on this. Not even close to fixed. Nobody knows about anything here in TN.

Nat'l Repair advised they are working on training manuals for dissemination to training divisions....but who knows how long this will take.

My issue is that billing says that whatever code they think is right will not "stick" in the field they place it in....saying my cable card is not paired, yet I view all channels. Cable Card support says my card is paired fine, billing just needs to input the correct code.

I'm done. Hopefully someone will fix this. 5 Tweets and 4 emails from executive support Comcast have not yielded any fruit.
chetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #120
jollick

Smile

Quote:
Indeed....Nat'l Repair echoes this by saying Comcast is not only fragmented locally, each region uses different billing systems. So anyone reading forums here, on TiVo, or Comcast has a slim chance of getting the issue fixed using experience that customers have posted. A billing code used in Chicago wont work in Oregon or California as those codes are not used.

Just yesterday executive level support emailed me saying Xfinity On demand was not available in my area (Nashville) even though the zip code check on Tivo and Comcast Nat'l Repair says its live in my area. I even got an email this morning from TiVo saying it was live here. Horrible, horrible service by Comcast. I spent 18 hours over two days and an hour of driving to and from the local service center in Murfreesboro working on this. Not even close to fixed. Nobody knows about anything here in TN.

Nat'l Repair advised they are working on training manuals for dissemination to training divisions....but who knows how long this will take.

My issue is that billing says that whatever code they think is right will not "stick" in the field they place it in....saying my cable card is not paired, yet I view all channels. Cable Card support says my card is paired fine, billing just needs to input the correct code.

I'm done. Hopefully someone will fix this. 5 Tweets and 4 emails from executive support Comcast have not yielded any fruit.
I live in Gwinnett County, GA and noticed the On Demand app was there on Saturday. I tried it and all I got was either a notice to call Comcast (on the main Roamio) and the first 5 seconds of any show I picked on my Mini units. I called Comcast service and after some troubleshooting with the rep, he transferred me to Tivo support. The Tivo rep was very knowledgeable and walked me through several screens and determined that the CableCard I had for months was never paired! He got another Comcast rep, Level 2, on the phone and after trying to hit the card, he gave up and said I would need to have a tech come to my house. I said ok, I will call again later. I called on Sunday and got a Comcast rep and started fresh. I told her my issue and she said she saw the card and would send it a hit but it would take on hour for it to finish. I tried later on and bingo, it worked flawlessly on my main Roamio and my Minis! I guess I got lucky and ended up talking to a rep that knew what she was doing.
jollick is offline   Reply With Quote