TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
moonscape

Duplicate recording

Cannot figure this out:

I have a season pass for Global Voices, record new and repeat. It's shown on a single PBS station in my area - one season pass for one channel.

I went to watch an earlier program now and saw two recordings for 'Cuba: An African Odyssey' in the folder. One was recorded 4/6 and the other 4/13. Scanned through and they are identical. Checked history and the one that was recorded last night didn't show up there! It also wasn't a suggestion.
moonscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #2
mattack

Does it have original air date? Does it have a specific-to-that-episode description?

If it's generic, the Tivo can't tell, and it reasonably(*) records all of them IN CASE it's a new one.

(*) As an advanced user pref, I could see being able to turn off these kind of "generic guide info" recordings, but I'm also basically positive there are instances where one would miss a new episode of something.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:40 PM   #3
moonscape

Yeah, the orig air dates were different (7/10/11 and 7/17/11) even though they were the same program. I had even looked at that, but my memory seems not to have held on to much beyond 7/11 - another moan about not being able to scroll through episodes now, allowing way too much time to forget!

Was the same program, just wrong first-aired dates. The descriptions and everything else were the same.

Thanks.
moonscape is offline   Reply With Quote