TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #6631
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredwing View Post
Is anyone else unable to delete programs on the TiVo from KMTTG now?
If you are fresh with a 20.4.1 software update and haven't done an additional reboot of the TiVo that would explain it. RPC functionality (including iPad app access) didn't work until an additional reboot for me with 20.4.1 update.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:59 PM   #6632
wireman121

My configuratiuon consists of:

max job limit 10
only 1 download at a time

I recently came home to see that for some reason auto transfers was turned off. (Not sure if it was due to closing force quitting kmttg or what, not the reason for the post right now) When I turned it back on, kmttg added 8 of the shows that were on the TiVo. It proceeded to download these shows (downloading the show first, queuing the metadata) and after the downloads finished, instead of starting the next task, it just hung, waiting for ALL of the downloads to finish before moving on.

Seems that it is downloading the metadata before downloading the show, but it isnt removing it from the queue, and is instead trying to download the metadata again after it finishes the show download, but then realizes it is a duplicate file and removes the metadata task from the queue. Normally this wouldnt be an issue - but since I have it set to only 1 download at a time, and it is treating the metadata as a download, it is waiting on ALL other queued tasks until all of the downloads on the list have finished, and then executing all of the qsfixes at once....

My understanding of how it should work is:

queue all tasks.
download metadata of show #1
download show #1
begin qsfix of show #1, download metadata show #2
download show #2, continue all other Show #1 tasks without waiting for show #2 to finish downloading.

etc...

Something seems to be causing the queue to hang and wait for all queued downloads to finished before executing any other queued tasks, regardless of if they're a download or not...

I can try to explain differently if this is confusing, let me know.

Last edited by wireman121 : 04-16-2014 at 07:13 PM.
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:30 AM   #6633
dredwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
If you are fresh with a 20.4.1 software update and haven't done an additional reboot of the TiVo that would explain it. RPC functionality (including iPad app access) didn't work until an additional reboot for me with 20.4.1 update.
I had done an extra reboot after 20.4.1 update (confirmed by the MOCA uptime status display) at the time I noticed failure to delete. But without taking any other action, the remote deletes were working again when I tried a day or so later. I'm not sure what changed under the covers, but I just wanted to report that everything seems to be working again.

I think I also noticed some meta-data oddity, but I don't recall any details off the top of my head.

Last edited by dredwing : 04-17-2014 at 08:42 PM. Reason: fixed update version number
dredwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:35 AM   #6634
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman121 View Post
My understanding of how it should work is:

queue all tasks.
download metadata of show #1
download show #1
begin qsfix of show #1, download metadata show #2
download show #2, continue all other Show #1 tasks without waiting for show #2 to finish downloading.
That's the expected behavior and how it is behaving for me for both auto transfers and non auto transfers mode using 2 TiVos in the mix. You will need to post message window messages or auto transfers log if you are still having trouble. The double metadata download sounds really fishy and I've never seen that happen.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #6635
plamumba

Question re adv search

I was noticing this morning that I can find the string "R5" in the guide description, as in "musical performances by R5, " but cannot get a hit when using the advance search with "R5" in keyword or description keyword fields. I couldn't figure out why that would be. The term "keyword" is not so literal as to require an actual word I assume. I tried it with a trailing asterisk, but that didn't seem to make any difference. Thanks for any ideas.
plamumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #6636
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by plamumba View Post
I was noticing this morning that I can find the string "R5" in the guide description, as in "musical performances by R5, " but cannot get a hit when using the advance search with "R5" in keyword or description keyword fields. I couldn't figure out why that would be. The term "keyword" is not so literal as to require an actual word I assume. I tried it with a trailing asterisk, but that didn't seem to make any difference. Thanks for any ideas.
Regular search for R5 comes back with one hit for me (2014 Radio Disney Music Awards). For Search++ entering R5 for "Description keyword" (all other fields empty) returns the same entry.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:35 PM   #6637
plamumba

Quote:
Regular search for R5 comes back with one hit for me (2014 Radio Disney Music Awards). For Search++ entering R5 for "Description keyword" (all other fields empty) returns the same entry.
Hmmmmm...I see I had "HD" checked, and when I uncheck it, I get the response you found. Maybe there is some flag missing from the program info on Tivo. Thanks for your help. (I guess it is not a checkbox but a dropdown list.)

Last edited by plamumba : 04-18-2014 at 08:38 PM.
plamumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:32 AM   #6638
GTBill
HD XL, Roamio Pro

OK, I am a complete novice (or worse) using kmttg (just installed it a few minutes ago). What I have to do (or my wife will kill me) is transfer shows from the XL to the new Roamio Pro. Even more important is the transfer of the Season Pass Manager. In kmttg I have gotten to Remote/Season Passes. The problem seems to be that only Roamio Pro shows up in the drop down list. I can see the XL and all of the programs on it. I can copy them to my PC (don't want to do that) but I can't seem to move them from the XL to the Roamio. Can anyone help a very old rookie out? Thanks.
GTBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:47 AM   #6639
moyekj

In order for series 3 units to show up under "Remote" tabs, you have to supply your tivo.com login and password under kmttg configuration->Tivos tab. (After doing that you may need to re-start kmttg).

Old 04-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #6640
dfuerpo

Installation glitch question

I have had kmttg v1p0l installed for a while on OSX 10.9 and it seems to work fine. I noticed that v1p0r was available. I downloaded and unzipped the file but when I try to run the kmttg script I get the message "To use the “java,” command-line tool you need to install a JDK." I don't recall seeing this the last time and if I did I don't recall how I made it work. I have JRE 7 update 55 installed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
dfuerpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:16 PM   #6641
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfuerpo View Post
I have had kmttg v1p0l installed for a while on OSX 10.9 and it seems to work fine. I noticed that v1p0r was available. I downloaded and unzipped the file but when I try to run the kmttg script I get the message "To use the “java,” command-line tool you need to install a JDK." I don't recall seeing this the last time and if I did I don't recall how I made it work. I have JRE 7 update 55 installed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If you can still run the older version then all you have to do to upgrade if running v1p0b version or later is choose Help->Update kmttg.

Java should be in your PATH variable but if not then you can edit "kmttg" script and supply full path to "java" binary in there.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:44 PM   #6642
dfuerpo

Update worked

Thanks moyekj, that worked. I didn't see the help menu over on the right side...I was looking at the menu on the left.
dfuerpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #6643
wireman121

Ok,

I caught it this time. Heres a simple explanation of whats happening, and then a copy of the log below:

auto transfer is set to check every 5 mins.
Download is set to one at a time
active job limit is set to 10
allow multiple videoredo jobs is set

2 shows recorded from 9PM to 10PM
10:05 it checked and found Warehouse 13 and The Following.
It queued both of those for: Meta Data, Decrypt, QS Fix, iPad Delete, Ad Detect, (Ad Review), Ad Cut, Push

It downloaded the metadata of The Following but did not remove that task from the queue
It downloaded/decrypted The Following.
it DID NOT start qsfix on The Following.
It downloaded metadata for Warehouse 13 but did not remove the task from the queue
It downloaded Warehouse 13
it tried to again download the metadata for The Following, realized it already had it, removed it from the queue
it tried to again download the metadata for Warehouse 13, realized it already had it, removed it from the queue
it started qsfix on The Following
it started qsfix on Warehouse 13

the rest functions as expected.

2 problems I'm seeing. 1) its not removing the meta data download from the queue after the first time it downloads the meta data and 2) it does not start the rest of the tasks on the first download (in this case Warehouse 13) until all other downloads are finished, then starts the remaining tasks (in this case qsfix) together. I suspect issue 2 is related to issue 1.

In the below code I edited out it skipping copy protected shows every time it checked just to shorten everything. This is the log from the beginning of it seeing the 2 shows at 10:05 until it brings up both VideoReDo windows to review the cuts before saving them and sending them.....

Code:
NPL job completed: 0:00:03
There are currently no queued jobs to save.
36 SHOWS, 151 GB USED
Title keyword match: 'the following' found in 'the following'
START PROCESSING OF ENTRY: The Following - Silence
Saved 1 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
Saved 2 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
Saved 3 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
Saved 4 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
Saved 5 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
Saved 6 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
Saved 7 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
Title keyword match: 'warehouse 13' found in 'warehouse 13'
START PROCESSING OF ENTRY: Warehouse 13 - Secret Services
Saved 8 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
Saved 9 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
Saved 10 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
Saved 11 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
Saved 12 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
Saved 13 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
Saved 14 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
TOTAL auto matches for 'Basement' = 2/36
NPL job completed: 0:00:04
---DONE--- job=playlist tivo=Basement
>> CREATING d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21_cut.mpg.txt ...
d:\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\JOESAN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie3154612953149885619.tmp --url https://192.168.1.153:443/TiVoVideoDetails?id=2583914 --output C:\Users\JOESAN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\meta8024615315103286127.tmp 
metadata job completed: 0:00:00
---DONE--- job=metadata output=d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21_cut.mpg.txt
>> DOWNLOADING/DECRYPTING TO d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.mpg ...
"d:\curl\curl.exe" --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie sid=abc --cookie-jar "C:\Users\JOESAN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9020011761863218723.tmp" --url "http://192.168.1.153:80/download/The+Following.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=2583914" | "d:\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe" --mak MAK --no-verify --out "d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.mpg" -

>> Running auto transfers for TiVo: Basement
>> Getting Now Playing List via RPC from Basement ...

'Basement' AUTO TRANSFERS PROCESSING SLEEPING 5 mins ...
36 SHOWS, 151 GB USED

36 SHOWS, 151 GB USED

36 SHOWS, 151 GB USED
d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.mpg: size=4316.55 MB elapsed=0:17:19 (34.85 Mbps)
'Check download duration' option enabled => checking expected vs. actual
(Mismatch tolerance = 200 secs)
Expected duration = 3600 secs
Actual duration = 3600 secs
---DONE--- job=download_decrypt output=d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.mpg
>> Attempting iPad delete for id: tivo:rc.1640369
>> iPad delete succeeded.
>> CREATING d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21_cut.mpg.txt ...
d:\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\JOESAN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie619939055693412076.tmp --url https://192.168.1.153:443/TiVoVideoDetails?id=2583906 --output C:\Users\JOESAN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\meta3198587298457925719.tmp 
---DONE--- job=metadata output=d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21_cut.mpg.txt
>> DOWNLOADING/DECRYPTING TO d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.mpg ...
"d:\curl\curl.exe" --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie sid=abc --cookie-jar "C:\Users\JOESAN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie7546084976486756327.tmp" --url "http://192.168.1.153:80/download/Warehouse+13.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=2583906" | "d:\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe" --mak MAK --no-verify --out "d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.mpg" -

35 SHOWS, 146 GB USED
TOTAL auto matches for 'Basement' = 1/35

35 SHOWS, 146 GB USED

35 SHOWS, 146 GB USED
d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.mpg: size=4849.37 MB elapsed=0:16:36 (40.84 Mbps)
'Check download duration' option enabled => checking expected vs. actual
(Mismatch tolerance = 200 secs)
Expected duration = 3599 secs
Actual duration = 3598 secs
---DONE--- job=download_decrypt output=d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.mpg
>> Attempting iPad delete for id: tivo:rc.1640289
>> iPad delete succeeded.
SKIPPING METADATA GENERATION, FILE ALREADY EXISTS: d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21_cut.mpg.txt
VideoRedo video dimensions filter is enabled
container=mpeg, video=mpeg2video, x=1280, y=720
>> Running qsfix on d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.mpg ...
C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo D:\\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.mpg" "d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\Users\JOESAN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock5653393167880480055.tmp /m /c:mpeg /v:mpeg2video /x:1280 /y:720 
SKIPPING METADATA GENERATION, FILE ALREADY EXISTS: d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21_cut.mpg.txt
VideoRedo video dimensions filter is enabled
container=mpeg, video=mpeg2video, x=1920, y=1080
>> Running qsfix on d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.mpg ...
C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo D:\\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.mpg" "d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\Users\JOESAN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock2259449750855399358.tmp /m /c:mpeg /v:mpeg2video /x:1920 /y:1080 

34 SHOWS, 141 GB USED
TOTAL auto matches for 'Basement' = 0/34
qsfix job completed: 0:03:22
---DONE--- job=qsfix output=d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.mpg.qsfix
(Renamed d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.mpg.qsfix to d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.mpg)
>> Running comskip on d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.mpg ...
d:\comskip\comskip.exe --ini d:\comskip\comskip.ini --videoredo "d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.mpg" 
qsfix job completed: 0:03:45
---DONE--- job=qsfix output=d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.mpg.qsfix
(Renamed d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.mpg.qsfix to d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.mpg)
>> Running comskip on d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.mpg ...
d:\comskip\comskip.exe --ini d:\comskip\comskip.ini --videoredo "d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.mpg" 

34 SHOWS, 141 GB USED

34 SHOWS, 141 GB USED
comskip job completed: 0:10:37
---DONE--- job=comskip output=d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.VPrj
>> Running vrdreview on d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.VPrj ...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoPlus\VRDPlus3.exe" "d:\temp\Warehouse 13 - Secret Services_Mon_Apr_21.VPrj" 

34 SHOWS, 141 GB USED
comskip job completed: 0:14:33
---DONE--- job=comskip output=d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.VPrj
>> Running vrdreview on d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.VPrj ...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoPlus\VRDPlus3.exe" "d:\temp\The Following - Silence_Mon_Apr_21.VPrj"

Old 04-21-2014, 10:37 PM   #6644
moyekj

I'm seeing this over and over in your logs which is strange and may account for weird queuing problems:
"Saved # queued jobs to file: jobData.dat"
I didn't create that code and don't use it myself. Perhaps try turning off "Automatically restore job queue between sessions" option under Configure->Program Options to see if that solves the problem. If so then I'll have to go look at that code to see what is happening.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:46 PM   #6645
wireman121

I will try that. Not sure if that's causing it though - it just saves the queue every time a new task runs. Does it look strange thst it's there at all, or just strange where it is? Or how many times it saves? Remember I removed some extra lines from the log (skipping copy protected shows)

I turned it off. Tomorrow night it'll run a couple more shows so I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #6646
epstewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by howards View Post
If all you want to do is copy a Tivo file from the Tivo to your computer for archiving and later copy it back to the Tivo for playback, captions will be preserved. You must enable Tivo Stream format for the transfers on newer Tivos for this to work.

I do not have VideoReDo, and I perform the above steps regularly.

As the previous poster said, if you decide to process the file whether captions are preserved is up to you and what you do.
How do I "enable Tivo Stream format"? Thanks.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #6647
epstewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by epstewart View Post
It's been a while since I used kmttg. I'm testing using kmttg v1p0r on my iMac running OS X 10.9.2 to download shows from my new TiVo Roamio Plus for archival purposes. When I play the downloaded .TiVo files in Toast Video Player on the iMac, they do have closed captions. But when I transfer the .TiVo files back to the Roamio Plus using pyTivoX v1.3 (which seems to be the latest version) they seem to have no closed captions.

I'm not decrypting the downloaded files, just keeping the .TiVo files as they were originally downloaded.

I do not have TiVo Desktop (v1.95a) turned on in System Preferences.

I guess I'm overlooking something. Can someone tell me what it is? Do I have to enable TiVo Stream format, and if so how do I do that? Thanks.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #6648
lpwcomp

Quote:
It's not Tivo Stream, it's Transport Stream.

In kmttg, it's Files->Configuration->Program Options - Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:04 PM   #6649
moyekj

epstewart, if you are just going to leave .TiVo files as is without transcoding to something else, then enable TS transfers as indicated above:
"Files->Configuration->Program Options - Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format"

However, if you do that you won't be able to decrypt them for playback on your Mac or to transcode to another format.

If you want to be able to play on your Mac or transcode to other formats, then you should NOT enable TS transfers. Those can still be transferred back with captions intact to TiVos, but you have to use pyTivo ts=on setting.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #6650
epstewart

Quote:
epstewart, if you are just going to leave .TiVo files as is without transcoding to something else, then enable TS transfers as indicated above:
"Files->Configuration->Program Options - Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format"

However, if you do that you won't be able to decrypt them for playback on your Mac or to transcode to another format.

If you want to be able to play on your Mac or transcode to other formats, then you should NOT enable TS transfers. Those can still be transferred back with captions intact to TiVos, but you have to use pyTivo ts=on setting.
Thanks, Kevin,

I think I need a game reset here. I've long used a simplified pyTivo package, pyTivoX, on my iMac, but I think maybe it's no longer compatible with Mac OS X Mavericks. So I don't really know how to use just plain pyTivo. I'm learning at this thread:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=483495

And what I have done so far seems to work!

Complicated, though.

For others' benefit: To enter the ts=on setting in pyTivo, I added that setting under User Defined Settings for a "share" (in pyTivo lingo) which I created to reference a path to an external hard drive which I'm storing .TiVo files on from kmttg. I clicked on the Add Setting button on the pyTivo web interface page at

http://localhost:9032/TiVoConnect?Co...ainer=Settings

and entered ts on the left side and on on the right side. Then I clicked on the Save Changes button. Then I clicked on the Restart pyTivo button, and in the Terminal application window that I was running pyTivo in I saw that pyTivo was restarting.

I will have to use the same procedure for any other shares I create that download .TiVo files as transport streams, since it looks like the ts=on setting has to be entered separately for each relevant share.

OK, so much for the usage lesson. Now can you explain to me why I have to download the files as transport streams if I want to preserve closed captions when moving them back to the TiVo using pyTivo?

Thanks, again.

Last edited by epstewart : 04-22-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Clarity
epstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:14 PM   #6651
lpwcomp

Quote:

For others' benefit: To enter the ts=on setting in pyTivo, I added that setting under User Defined Settings for a "share" (in pyTivo lingo) which I created to reference a path to an external hard drive which I'm storing .TiVo files on from kmttg. I clicked on the Add Setting button on the pyTivo web interface page at

http://localhost:9032/TiVoConnect?Co...ainer=Settings

and entered ts on the left side and on on the right side. Then I clicked on the Save Changes button. Then I clicked on the Restart pyTivo button, and in the Terminal application window that I was running pyTivo in I saw that pyTivo was restarting.

I will have to use the same procedure for any other shares I create that download .TiVo files as transport streams, since it looks like the ts=on setting has to be entered separately for each relevant share.

OK, so much for the usage lesson. Now can you explain to me why I have to download the files as transport streams if I want to preserve closed captions when moving them back to the TiVo using pyTivo?

Thanks, again.
Just enter it in "Global Server Settings". In fact, I am not sure that it works anywhere else. The source video does not have to be in TS format. In fact, I use it mainly so that h.264 recordings aren't transcoded, but simply remuxed when being transferred to a Premiere or Roamio.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #6652
moyekj

Quote:
As mentioned above, the ts=on parameter should be in the global section of pyTivo config, not individual video shares.

The reason files returned to TiVos need to be in mpeg2 transport stream container is due to a bug TiVo introduced starting with series 4 and later units. If you return files in mpeg2 program stream container captions won't work on the TiVos. It's a long standing bug for series 4 and later units that TiVo has never fixed. For series 3 units that bug is not there.

Aside from the above, using ts=on parameter in pyTivo is good to set anyway, since it allows you to PULL H.264 videos without transcoding to mpeg2 (pyTivo will simply remux to TS container whenever possible instead of a full transcode).

Old 04-22-2014, 11:22 PM   #6653
dredwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredwing View Post
I had done an extra reboot after 20.4.1 update (confirmed by the MOCA uptime status display) at the time I noticed failure to delete. But without taking any other action, the remote deletes were working again when I tried a day or so later. I'm not sure what changed under the covers, but I just wanted to report that everything seems to be working again.

I think I also noticed some meta-data oddity, but I don't recall any details off the top of my head.
Update - I think the problem may have been that KMTTG did not remove the deleted program from the "Show" list (on KMTTG screen), even though the program was actually removed from TiVo. In this case, I think there was a NPL Refresh running and a program download active at the time of initial delete.

When I ran a refresh after getting the
recordingId not available for this entry
error a couple times, the 'undeletable' show (Cinderella) was not in the list.

Here is the message log (with some non-relevant stuff removed to reduce the size) and some ==================== eyecatchers.

Code:
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (224/238)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie5380860571244739279.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=224 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL3690795239654407542.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:18
---DONE--- job=playlist tivo=Merida
238 SHOWS, 861 GB USED, 22 GB FREE
>> RUNNING 'REMOTE NP List' JOB FOR TiVo: Merida
REMOTE job completed: 0:00:08
---DONE--- job='REMOTE NP List' TiVo=Merida

Cinderella
Recorded Sat 04/19/2014 04:30 PM on 749=ABCFHD, Duration=105 mins, movieYear=1950
With a wicked stepmother and two jealous stepsisters who keep her enslaved and in rags, Cinderella stands no chance of attending the royal ball, until her fairy godmother appears. Animated. 
>> CREATING N:\Video\FreedTiVo\Cinderella\Cinderella (1950).mpg.txt ...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie3335964312045733941.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78:443/TiVoVideoDetails?id=18812 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\meta7389389507199987198.tmp 
---DONE--- job=metadata output=N:\Video\FreedTiVo\Cinderella\Cinderella (1950).mpg.txt
>> DOWNLOADING E:\Video\Tivo\Cinderella\Cinderella (1950).TiVo ...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie sid=abc --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie2044342281549334961.tmp --url http://192.168.212.78:80/download/Cinderella.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=18812 --output "E:\Video\Tivo\Cinderella\Cinderella (1950).TiVo" 
E:\Video\Tivo\Cinderella\Cinderella (1950).TiVo: size=5700.55 MB elapsed=0:22:33 (35.34 Mbps)
---DONE--- job=download output=E:\Video\Tivo\Cinderella\Cinderella (1950).TiVo
container=mpeg, video=mpeg2video
>> Running qsfix on E:\Video\Tivo\Cinderella\Cinderella (1950).TiVo ...
C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo E:\VideoTools\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "E:\Video\Tivo\Cinderella\Cinderella (1950).TiVo" "N:\Video\FreedTiVo\Cinderella (1950).mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock7118494401378440761.tmp /c:mpeg /v:mpeg2video 
qsfix job completed: 0:06:50
---DONE--- job=qsfix output=N:\Video\FreedTiVo\Cinderella (1950).mpg.qsfix
(Deleted file: E:\Video\Tivo\Cinderella\Cinderella (1950).TiVo)
(Renamed N:\Video\FreedTiVo\Cinderella (1950).mpg.qsfix to N:\Video\FreedTiVo\Cinderella\Cinderella (1950).mpg)
>> Running comskip on N:\Video\FreedTiVo\Cinderella\Cinderella (1950).mpg ...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\comskip\comskip.exe --ini E:\VideoTools\kmttg\comskip\comskip.ini --videoredo "N:\Video\FreedTiVo\Cinderella\Cinderella (1950).mpg" 
comskip job completed: 0:23:56
---DONE--- job=comskip output=N:\Video\FreedTiVo\Cinderella\Cinderella (1950).VPrj

The Little Mermaid
Recorded Sat 04/19/2014 06:15 PM on 749=ABCFHD, Duration=105 mins, movieYear=1989
A mermaid princess falls in love with an earthly prince. Animated. From the Hans Christian Andersen tale. 
>> Getting Now Playing List from Merida ...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=0 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:01
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (16/236)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=16 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 

Cinderella
Recorded Sat 04/19/2014 04:30 PM on 749=ABCFHD, Duration=105 mins, EpisodeNumber=, movieYear=1950
With a wicked stepmother and two jealous stepsisters who keep her enslaved and in rags, Cinderella stands no chance of attending the royal ball, until her fairy godmother appears. Animated. 
NPL job completed: 0:00:02
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (32/236)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=32 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 

======================================================================================

Deleting selected shows on TiVo 'Merida':
 Cinderella
237 SHOWS, 855 GB USED, 28 GB FREE
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (48/236)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=48 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:05
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (64/235)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=64 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:07
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (80/235)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=80 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:08
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (96/235)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=96 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 
>> CREATING N:\Video\FreedTiVo\The Little Mermaid\The Little Mermaid (1989).mpg.txt ...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie4687992084763966762.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78:443/TiVoVideoDetails?id=18811 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\meta5152363822219084494.tmp 
---DONE--- job=metadata output=N:\Video\FreedTiVo\The Little Mermaid\The Little Mermaid (1989).mpg.txt
NPL job completed: 0:00:09
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (112/235)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=112 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:11
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (128/235)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=128 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:12
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (144/235)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=144 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:13
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (160/235)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=160 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:14
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (176/235)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=176 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:15
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (192/235)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=192 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:17
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (208/235)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=208 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (224/235)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9169845045934400665.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=224 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL2564862551137038220.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:19
235 SHOWS, 874 GB USED, 9 GB FREE
>> DOWNLOADING E:\Video\Tivo\The Little Mermaid\The Little Mermaid (1989).TiVo ...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie sid=abc --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie4138796011493179093.tmp --url http://192.168.212.78:80/download/The%20Little%20Mermaid.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=18811 --output "E:\Video\Tivo\The Little Mermaid\The Little Mermaid (1989).TiVo" 

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Recorded Tue 04/22/2014 08:00 PM on 749=ABCFHD, Duration=179 mins, movieYear=2007
When a new professor's bureaucratic methods leave Hogwarts unprepared to fight the rising tide of evil, Harry teaches a dedicated group of students how to defend against the dark arts. Based on the novel by J.K. Rowling. 
Saved 5 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Recorded Mon 04/21/2014 09:00 PM on 749=ABCFHD, Duration=120 mins, PAUSE POINT: 71.3%, movieYear=1988
In a world where cartoons coexist with humans, a private eye tries to clear a long-eared fugitive of murder charges. Live action/animated. 

In My Dreams
Recorded Sun 04/20/2014 09:00 PM on 707=WABCDT, Duration=118 mins, movieYear=2014
After meeting only in their dreams, a man and a woman have seven days to turn their romantic visions into reality. 
'Orphan Black' 11 SHOWS, 47 GB USED
235 SHOWS, 874 GB USED, 9 GB FREE
'Continuum' 5 SHOWS, 17 GB USED

Continuum - Second Last
Recorded Fri 04/04/2014 06:00 PM on 748=SYFYHD, Duration=60 mins, EpisodeNumber=212, originalAirDate=2013-07-28
Kiera and Carlos must stop Travis after he gets his hands on a second CPS suit while Alec and Emily try to escape the mysterious Freelancers. 

Continuum - Second Time
Recorded Fri 04/04/2014 07:00 PM on 748=SYFYHD, Duration=60 mins, EpisodeNumber=213, PAUSE POINT: 47.6%, originalAirDate=2013-08-04
Kiera races to rescue Alec from himself and preserve her own chance of getting home; Alec must make a difficult decision between solving Kiera's dilemma or his own. 

Continuum - Second Last
Recorded Fri 04/04/2014 06:00 PM on 748=SYFYHD, Duration=60 mins, EpisodeNumber=212, originalAirDate=2013-07-28
Kiera and Carlos must stop Travis after he gets his hands on a second CPS suit while Alec and Emily try to escape the mysterious Freelancers. 

Continuum - Second Last
 Continuum - Second Last Continuum - Second Time
233 SHOWS, 867 GB USED, 16 GB FREE
==========================================
'Suits' 4 SHOWS, 13 GB USED

Suits - Moot Point
Recorded Thu 03/20/2014 09:00 PM on 738=USAHD, Duration=62 mins, EpisodeNumber=313, originalAirDate=2014-03-20
Mike helps Harvey when he faces an old law school rival; Harvey and Jessica try to avoid getting in the middle of a battle between Louis and Scottie. 

Suits - Know When to Fold 'Em
Recorded Thu 04/03/2014 09:00 PM on 738=USAHD, Duration=62 mins, EpisodeNumber=315, originalAirDate=2014-04-03
An attorney goes after one of Harvey's biggest clients; Mike must make a decision; a former partner has an ax to grind. 

Suits - Moot Point Suits - Heartburn Suits - Know When to Fold 'Em
230 SHOWS, 857 GB USED, 26 GB FREE
==============================================

Cinderella
Recorded Sat 04/19/2014 04:30 PM on 749=ABCFHD, Duration=105 mins
===========================================================================

Tangled
Recorded Sat 04/19/2014 08:00 PM on 749=ABCFHD, Duration=123 mins, movieYear=2010
Crowned with 70 feet of magical golden hair, Rapunzel strikes a deal with a charming thief to spring her from her prison tower. Animated. Based on a fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm. 

Cinderella

Tangled
Recorded Sat 04/19/2014 08:00 PM on 749=ABCFHD, Duration=123 mins, movieYear=2010
Crowned with 70 feet of magical golden hair, Rapunzel strikes a deal with a charming thief to spring her from her prison tower. Animated. Based on a fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm. 
 Tangled
229 SHOWS, 850 GB USED, 33 GB FREE

The Little Mermaid
Recorded Sat 04/19/2014 06:15 PM on 749=ABCFHD, Duration=105 mins, movieYear=1989
A mermaid princess falls in love with an earthly prince. Animated. From the Hans Christian Andersen tale. 

Cinderella
===========================================================================

Cinderella

The Little Mermaid

Cinderella
>> Getting Now Playing List from Merida ...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie4140856402976940118.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=0 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL4164513048373025801.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:01
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (16/229)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie4140856402976940118.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=16 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL4164513048373025801.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:02
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (32/229)...

>> Continuing Now Playing List from Merida (224/229)...
E:\VideoTools\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie4140856402976940118.tmp --url https://192.168.212.78/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=224 --output C:\Users\MyUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL4164513048373025801.tmp 
NPL job completed: 0:00:20
229 SHOWS, 849 GB USED, 34 GB FREE
'The Millers' 3 SHOWS, 10 GB USED
229 SHOWS, 849 GB USED, 34 GB FREE

dredwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:40 AM   #6654
wireman121

Quote:
I'm seeing this over and over in your logs which is strange and may account for weird queuing problems:
"Saved # queued jobs to file: jobData.dat"
I didn't create that code and don't use it myself. Perhaps try turning off "Automatically restore job queue between sessions" option under Configure->Program Options to see if that solves the problem. If so then I'll have to go look at that code to see what is happening.
OK, Tried it with 2 shows this morning with "automatically restore job queue between sessions" turned off and it had the exact same result. I think I just figured out the problem though. I'm guessing the metadata is considered a "download" correct? If so, this is what is happening. If not, this is still a bug:

I have auto transfers to check every 10 minutes.
First auto transfer checks, it adds both shows to the list
downloads metadata, removes task from queue
starts downloading show (20-30 mins total)
10 minutes passes, auto transfer checks again, sees that show AGAIN and tries to add it to the queue again. Since all of the other tasks are still there except metadata, its just re-adding the metadata task.

For some reason, in the last few updates, kmttg stopped comparing the list of shows on a TiVo to the shows currently being processed in a queue and tries to add/process them again. In turn, this is causing the problem with the hang after the first download completes instead of running qsfix, waiting for the metadata download to try again which is at the end of the queue list.

I tried this a few times and got the same result..

I tried deleting the second metadata job, but it clears the whole show's job list instead of just clearing the metadata job in the queue.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:55 AM   #6655
rad1701

I'm just starting to get into using kmttg. I have a Roamio Plus and have had several other TIVO's too. I use TIVO Desktop too. Got a few questions/issues:

- TIVO Desktop seems to transfers TIVO files much faster than kmttg. Why? (I have an all wired network).

- I'm having trouble using kmttg to decrypt and encode files previously downloaded with TIVO Desktop. I've moved them to the FILES directory and it sees the file but errors out (code 1 or code 2). I see something in the error about the MAK but I have that entered in. Any ideas? Right now I'm trying to move the file back on to the TIVO and have kmttg do the entire process (download, decrypt, encode). These are just non-copy protected TV shows.

Anyway, if you guys have any ideas on the above I'd appreciate it. THANKS!

P.S. Here's an error message I just got with my last attempt:

rad1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #6656
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad1701 View Post
- TIVO Desktop seems to transfers TIVO files much faster than kmttg. Why? (I have an all wired network).
You probably have "Fast Transfers" (TS .TiVo downloads) enabled in TD. kmttg has option to download that way too, but it's disabled by default because tivodecode can't decrypt .TiVo files decrypted in that format. If you have VideoRedo it can handle decrypting TS .TiVo files and kmttg can be configured to use VideoRedo in which case you can enable TS transfers, but otherwise you shouldn't.

Quote:
- I'm having trouble using kmttg to decrypt and encode files previously downloaded with TIVO Desktop. I've moved them to the FILES directory and it sees the file but errors out (code 1 or code 2). I see something in the error about the MAK but I have that entered in. Any ideas? Right now I'm trying to move the file back on to the TIVO and have kmttg do the entire process (download, decrypt, encode). These are just non-copy protected TV shows.
See point above about tivodecode not able to handle TS .TiVo files.

Your image with errors shows input file being encoded with duplicated prefix:
K:\kmttg\K:\kmttg
If using FILES tab to enter existing file you must have somehow entered file name incorrectly with extra K:\kmttg prefix.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #6657
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman121 View Post
OK, Tried it with 2 shows this morning with "automatically restore job queue between sessions" turned off and it had the exact same result. I think I just figured out the problem though. I'm guessing the metadata is considered a "download" correct? If so, this is what is happening. If not, this is still a bug:

I have auto transfers to check every 10 minutes.
First auto transfer checks, it adds both shows to the list
downloads metadata, removes task from queue
starts downloading show (20-30 mins total)
10 minutes passes, auto transfer checks again, sees that show AGAIN and tries to add it to the queue again. Since all of the other tasks are still there except metadata, its just re-adding the metadata task.

For some reason, in the last few updates, kmttg stopped comparing the list of shows on a TiVo to the shows currently being processed in a queue and tries to add/process them again. In turn, this is causing the problem with the hang after the first download completes instead of running qsfix, waiting for the metadata download to try again which is at the end of the queue list.

I tried this a few times and got the same result..

I tried deleting the second metadata job, but it clears the whole show's job list instead of just clearing the metadata job in the queue.
Yes, metadata jobs are download jobs, and multiple metadata jobs from same source file are allowed. The real bug according to your description above is that kmttg is trying to process new jobs in auto transfers loop before a previous set of jobs has been completed. For a given TiVo it's not supposed to queue up any new jobs for that TiVo until all previous jobs have been completed, so I'll have to find some time to look into that.

EDIT: As a quick test I set my interval to 1 minute and kicked of auto transfers loop in GUI mode. As is supposed to be the case, kmttg didn't try and process any shows until previous set of auto transfers jobs completed. i.e. I didn't get this message until all jobs completed:
'Roamio' AUTO TRANSFERS PROCESSING SLEEPING 1 mins ...

So looks to be behaving as expected to me. I'll have to look at your logs more closely to see perhaps if you have same recordings on different TiVos or something like that, but even then it wouldn't explain problems you are having. Are you using the stock v1p0r release and not some modified version?

Last edited by moyekj : 04-23-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #6658
moonscape

I downloaded kmttg a month ago or so and it was working great! Now, suddenly, it won't open. Rebooted. Tried file association with java as instructed. Re-downloaded and opened in another location, still wouldn't open. Decided to uninstall but can't find how to. It doesn't show up in programs to remove or Revo - do I just delete it and start over?
moonscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #6659
moyekj

To completely uninstall remove the top kmttg folder on down. If you want to preserve settings then delete everything except for .ini files.
You should run the following from a "cmd" window to debug (so you can see error messages):
cd \where\you\installed\kmttg
java -jar kmttg.jar

Old 04-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #6660
wireman121

moyekj -

Yes running unmodified newest version. I had brought it up in the past to have it changed so that it would still run the auto transfer loop even while it was processing jobs, and just add the new jobs to the queue, and you had agreed with my reasoning:

I have VideoReDo review set to come up, and If I am away for 3 days, and over the course of those 3 days, shows record at different times the auto transfer won't loop and it'll only download and process the first show that it finished recording, even though there are a ton of others there. What I would like it to do (which is what it currently does) is run the auto transfer loop for the set duration and continue to add new tasks to the queue when it finds them, so when I come home after being gone for 3 days, ALL of the shows on the TiVo are now waiting for VideoReDo review instead of only the first show.

I had brought this up in the past and you had changed it, which was working great. I think a better solution is to keep things the way they are, but when the auto transfer loop runs, check to see if a show is already in the task queue/being processed and not try to process it again. Either by adding the show to the auto.history (which I know it currently doesn't do until all of the tasks are completed) or using the same variable that you use to show the hourglass icon when there is a currently running task to prevent it from trying to add the same tasks a second time.

Did that make sense?