TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #1
omelet1978

Copyright Protection Hack/Workaround for Roamio and TivotoGo??

Hi,

Is there a workaround for the copyright protection. I'm coming from a series 2 to a Roamio, so this took me by surprise.

Thanks
omelet1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #2
jaredmwright

Grab a Slingbox and don't look back. Downside is you have a slight delay navigating and it shares live TV, but you have access to everything just how the stream should be without restrictions, even onDemand.

TiVo really should loosen up the restrictions since other providers aren't as strict. They error on the cautious side to avoid upsetting the networks. Sling on the other hand is owned by Dish and doesn't care near as much.
-TiVo Mini (MoCa) HDMI
-TiVo Mini (MoCa) HDMI
DirecTV HR22 HDMI & Slingbox Solo COMPONENT
jaredmwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
omelet1978

I already have a slingbox. I want to transfer the videos to my computer
omelet1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #4
moyekj

If no other choice, you can capture slingbox output in real time:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=504853
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #5
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredmwright View Post
TiVo really should loosen up the restrictions since other providers aren't as strict. They error on the cautious side to avoid upsetting the networks. Sling on the other hand is owned by Dish and doesn't care near as much.
The providers are the ones that SET the restrictions. Dish owning sling has nothing to do with any restrictions that it does or doesn't have. Sling is essentially a streaming device. Streaming on Tivo also has no restrictions. You really don't know what you are talking about.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #6
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredmwright View Post
Grab a Slingbox and don't look back. Downside is you have a slight delay navigating and it shares live TV, but you have access to everything just how the stream should be without restrictions, even onDemand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
The providers are the ones that SET the restrictions. Dish owning sling has nothing to do with any restrictions that it does or doesn't have. Sling is essentially a streaming device. Streaming on Tivo also has no restrictions. You really don't know what you are talking about.
He needs to do a little research on something called the "Analog Hole" to understand how Sling circumvents copy protection schemes.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #7
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
He needs to do a little research on something called the "Analog Hole" to understand how Sling circumvents copy protection schemes.
Or perhaps one might try one of these if they wish to use HDMI?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004F9LVXC/

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #8
TexasGrillChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Not Always....

I have suddenlink at my Cabin, and Time Warner at my home.

Time Warner cable copy protects everything on AMC, thus I CAN'T transfer Walking Dead to my computer.

However...

On Suddenlink... They do NOT copy protect AMC, and I CAN transfer Walking Dead to my computer!!!

There are many other channels on Time Warner that ALL of the the shows are Copy Protected, but those SAME channels are NOT copy protected on Suddenlink.

HBO & Starz is copy protected on BOTH Cable Providers.

TGC
TexasGrillChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #9
TexasGrillChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboydog View Post
Or perhaps one might try one of these if they wish to use HDMI?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004F9LVXC/
HDMI out of the TiVO uses HDCP encryption. So even if he had a HDMI capture card in his computer, It would not record anything useful because of the HDCP.

However.... he could look on the internet for a device that decrypts the HDCP encryption. They are hard to come by, but are available and they cost about $300-400 bucks. Then he would need a HDMI capture card which is another $300-400 bucks.

Or he could use the analog hole, but that wouldn't be digital

TGC
TexasGrillChef is offline   Reply With Quote