TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #31
waynomo
My One Time

You also affect what suggestions are recorded with the thumbs up and thumbs down buttons.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:55 PM   #32
midas
I heard that

Suggestions have always been my main attraction to Tivo. A few weeks to training a new unit and I pretty much never have to watch anything live except for news.
midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #33
swerver

TiVo is recording on all six tuners at all times, regardless of suggestions. So if you are turning off suggestions to "keep your drive clear" then don't bother.
swerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:49 PM   #34
c133roamioerrors

When I got my xl4, there were some surprising and unattractive defaults. I learned how to turn them off. First thing I did when I set up my roamio pro was turn off the defaults. My wife will record anything that moves and then delete later if she isn't interested. There are a lot of recorded shows to go through and having a bunch of recorded suggestions mucks things up. The default should be record what you want. If you want suggestions, you should have to set the option. On the xl4, I had to delete about 50 shows that were recorded as suggestions. It's not a space issue. My shows should be my shows not my shows and suggested recordings.

My wife has an issue with the Netflix interface. You can't clean up the previously watched. Some shows have multiple seasons and you want to keep them to resume at next episode. Who wants to have to wade through a bunch of crap to get where you want to be. Nevermind.....the Roamio pro is perfect the way it is.
c133roamioerrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:36 AM   #35
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelblue32 View Post
Really? After I inputted the code for the 30-second skip, I realized just how much I hated the default 30-second scan. I guess reasonable people can disagree.
After reading this thread the other day I input the 30-second skip on my Roamio Pro. I tried it for a few hours but I just couldn't stand it anymore. I went back to the 30 second scan. And I had really enjoyed the 30 second skip for around ten years. But now I can't seem to stand using it.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote