TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:18 PM   #91
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
Holy S***
All my deleted programs are suddenly undeleted and returned back to active and MIXED IN WITH THE SUGGESTIONS I WAS KEEPING TO WATCH. My whole system is a disaster that I don't even know how to fix.

WTF did they do this for? My TiVo was working JUST FINE AFTER THE UPDATE. Now I am the most pissed ever.

HUGE FAIL TIVO, HUGE.
Welcomes to the club.

Make sure you email Margret with your TSN so they can get the TiVo updated back to the software it had before. I guess unless you want to keep it on 20.3

Mine has finished updating again and everything seems oK. At least it didn't screw with the Season Passes.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:19 PM   #92
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
My Roamio Pro had another Pending restart. I had emailed my TSN to Margret earlier so I guess it will update to the newest version again. It's still on the installation process right now.

When my Roamio Pro had reverted to the previous software, the clock was showing GMT. So it just had not applied the minus four hours for my time zone(EDT) yet until I forced a connection. It was still on the right date. My guide data was also still intact showing the next 12 or 13 days.
That doesn't surprise me. Even if you were to C&DPI, the guide data would have to be populated again, before the SPs would even begin to repopulate. In your case the guide data was still there. I can't say for sure exactly what went on in the software and databases that required the repopulation (or just a scheduling refresh). But, the cause seems obvious.

Thanks for the info on the clock/date. That's far more useful than "off" or "wrong".

Last edited by nooneuknow : 04-11-2014 at 11:37 PM. Reason: added specifics
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:30 PM   #93
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Holy S***
All my deleted programs are suddenly undeleted and returned back to active and MIXED IN WITH THE SUGGESTIONS I WAS KEEPING TO WATCH. My whole system is a disaster that I don't even know how to fix.

WTF did they do this for? My TiVo was working JUST FINE AFTER THE UPDATE. Now I am the most pissed ever.

HUGE FAIL TIVO, HUGE.
This is why I have been, and continue to, cross-post my posts basically saying "Hurry up and clear your RD folders on all your TiVos, ASAP!"

The status is "working on it" not "fixed". The author of KMTTG deserves a reward for making it so easy to clear the RD folders on multiple TiVos. When you have 3 or 4TB of drive, and 90% is deleted items, could you imagine doing it manually on one, let alone three or more?

People might have the trojan update (rollback) already downloaded, and just waiting for an opportunity to install. There's also no indication I'm aware of that says if it hasn't yet download, that it won't. Once things get into a queue, it's often hard to stop just one thing, without potentially causing a nationwide service outage, or causing new problems. Sometimes you just have to let existing queues run through, or make things worse...
Old 04-11-2014, 11:47 PM   #94
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

F***!!!
All my F*****G channels are F****D up. Now I get to spent a F*****G hour trying to fix the damn things. This is worse than the deleted show resurrection. Damnit.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:49 PM   #95
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
This is why I have been, and continue to, cross-post my posts basically saying "Hurry up and clear your RD folders on all your TiVos, ASAP!"
Well, one of the few nights I got home late from work and had other things to do... so not only didn't use the TiVo but also was very late reading the forum.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #96
rainwater

According to TiVo, less than 200 boxes were rolled back. Getting support by calling TiVo will probably be pointless if you are one of the unlucky ones. Hopefully they have already mapped the 20.4 software to all of those boxes by now.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #97
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

I am so sorry that some of you experienced a rollback of software! There was an operational issue that caused some TiVo boxes (fewer than 200) to receive an incorrect version of software. We have now assigned those boxes back to the correct version, which will download the next time the box connects to the TiVo Service. (If your box is in the Pending Restart state and installs 20.3.8 when it reboots, please connect again and it will download 20.4.1.)

Again, my apologies for this issue.

--Margret
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:54 PM   #98
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmatic View Post
You all need to relax, lol. Other than losing a new screen, what was *lost* here?
How about I am losing LOTS of my time trying to get my system back to the way it was AND I have permanently lost recordings that were supposed to have happened over the last 24 hours and did not.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:00 AM   #99
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
Again, my apologies for this issue.
I am trying to chill.

At least your posting here has calmed me down some. As usual, your presence on the forum is always positive.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:29 AM   #100
JGC650I

Luckily I saw this thread before my boxes restarted after they downloaded the reversion. I used KMTTG to clear the RD folder before they restarted, so the only symptom I had was the loss of channel listing. Still a pain, but not as bad as what others experienced with restored deletions, loss of programming, etc. Saw Magaret's post and just forced a connection to TiVo service. Boxes are now updated back to 20.4.1 and appear to be functioning normally. So, still a bit annoying, but worst of it for me thankfully was just having to reset the channel listing. If anyone has a pending restart from earlier today, highly recommend they clear RD folder if possible before the restart. Good luck.
JGC650I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:06 AM   #101
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
There was an operational issue that caused some TiVo boxes (fewer than 200) to receive an incorrect version of software.
I'm trying to do the math here, and find it hard to believe "fewer than 200" were affected, given how many reports came in on a forum that the vast majority of TiVo owners don't even know exists (or so I've been told from time to time, how that is the case, by others on here).

The "strange math" and "percentage anomalies" aside, Thank You for your presence, support, and your updates here.

It does not go without appreciation.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:57 AM   #102
markp99
TakoKichi

No issues here @ 20.3. Glad this mess missed me.
markp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:08 AM   #103
DeltaOne
Mount Airy, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
I'm trying to do the math here, and find it hard to believe "fewer than 200" were affected, given how many reports came in on a forum that the vast majority of TiVo owners don't even know exists (or so I've been told from time to time, how that is the case, by others on here).
Maybe those rolled back were folks that signed up for the early release via the priority list?
DeltaOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:42 AM   #104
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaOne View Post
Maybe those rolled back were folks that signed up for the early release via the priority list?
Yep- that was my assumption.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #105
generaltso

Quote:
I was on the priority list and none of mine rolled back.
generaltso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #106
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaOne View Post
Quote:
I'd assume that as well just because I don't think the new software was being rolled out in general release yet.

Maybe those 200 were so of the first ones to sign up for priority?

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:18 AM   #107
timstack8969

I'm Back to 20.4 software. Thanks Margret
timstack8969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:44 AM   #108
rarceneaux

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/11/t...=rss_truncated
rarceneaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #109
anthonymoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
I was on the priority list and none of mine rolled back.
Same here.

I subsequently disconnected my Ethernet cable to be safe, but it'd connected Friday morning and not rolled back, and I was on the priority list. So it's not that.

I'd appreciate a little more detail from TiVo/Margret regarding this "200 boxes" notion, how sure they are, etc. Said another way, I don't want to plug my Ethernet cable back in only to then be rolled back because "oops."
anthonymoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #110
HenryFarpolo

Back to normal....Only slightly irritated that this happened!!
HenryFarpolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #111
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
I'd appreciate a little more detail from TiVo/Margret regarding this "200 boxes" notion, how sure they are, etc. Said another way, I don't want to plug my Ethernet cable back in only to then be rolled back because "oops."
Quote:
.... There was an operational issue that caused some TiVo boxes (fewer than 200) to receive an incorrect version of software. We have now assigned those boxes back to the correct version, which will download the next time the box connects to the TiVo Service.
Releases are assigned at the box level. I have no doubt they can query who all was effected. Reading between the lines though, an operational issue sounds like a nice way of saying the problem existed between the keyboard and chair assigning the update. For their sake, hopefully its not the same person that goofed up some TiVoHDs recently
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #112
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by timstack8969 View Post
I'm Back to 20.4 software. Thanks Margret
Mine is also back; now 20.4.1-USA-6-840

No repeat of program loss/moving/resurrection and my channel settings were not changed (and are still not back to the way I want because after an hour of going through it last night, I lost patience; will finish today).
Old 04-12-2014, 11:03 AM   #113
bunjicat

Im back to 20.4.

Quote:
I am so sorry that some of you experienced a rollback of software! There was an operational issue
Anyone else not satisfied with this explanation?
bunjicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #114
DaveDFW

My Roamio is also back to 20.4.1. Happily, I didn't experience the same loss of settings that happened with the rollback.
DaveDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #115
uw69

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjicat View Post
Im back to 20.4.

Seems like a reasonable explanation.
1 Roamio plus 470 hours
3 TiVo Mini's
uw69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #116
HenryFarpolo

Quote:
Im back to 20.4.

I don't need more details...What am I going to do with them?
HenryFarpolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #117
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Well, I seem to have been hit by a rollback... and it also farked with my channel list, resetting all the channels I had marked as unavailable as available again, which is probably more annoying (getting the channel list correct is a majorly time consuming task).
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #118
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
(getting the channel list correct is a majorly time consuming task).
This is why I have a document that keeps a list of every channel I receive. It makes it much easier when setting up a new TiVo.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #119
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
This is why I have a document that keeps a list of every channel I receive. It makes it much easier when setting up a new TiVo.
Yeah, I thought I had that, but it seems to have hit the bit bucket when I upgraded my computer. :/
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #120
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
what else were you expecting? what other info will help restore your equipment? the rollback was identified and a correction issued within 2 days. while i'm glad it didn't happen to my equipment, and sorry others had the headache, it was addressed quickly.

of course, if this had happened a few centuries earlier, off with their heads!

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote