TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #31
wrc2376

What the heck are they doing? I am out of town and all the shows I have watched and deleted are back. The disk is 100% full and I don't even know what has not recorded. I guess I will have to spend some iPhone time to fix.
wrc2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:03 PM   #32
HenryFarpolo

My plus rolled-back but my MINI'S did not. My mini's are linked to my XL4. All of my recently deleted came back from limbo. Fortunately I cleaned the recently deleted file a couple of days ago so there were only a few.

What is most troubling is that if this wasn't accidental, why the lack of communication from TIVO?
HenryFarpolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #33
andyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrc2376 View Post
What the heck are they doing? I am out of town and all the shows I have watched and deleted are back. The disk is 100% full and I don't even know what has not recorded. I guess I will have to spend some iPhone time to fix.
The entire "Deleted Items" folder has become undeleted. Shows 100% full.

Also, after deleting all the shows that should have been deleted I see the remaining shows are showing the recording a day later than they actually did. Shows "NCIS" as recorded on Wed 3/19 etc. Of course NCIS is always on a Tuesday.

What a Cluster F***!

Last edited by andyf : 04-11-2014 at 03:13 PM.
andyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #34
tatergator1

For those seeing all their deleted items returning, I assume you had suggestions turned off? Seems like the only way the Deleted Items folder would have more than 1 or 2 shows in it were if you didn't have Suggestions constantly cycling what's occupying the free space on the hard drive.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #35
tarheelblue32

I just went through and permanently deleted all of my recently deleted shows. There were 63 of them. If they had all undeleted themselves after the rollback I will potentially be getting in about an hour, it would have been chaos. And yes, I have suggested recordings turned off.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #36
ncfoster

Ok. I've got over 400 deleted shows to get rid of before the rollback hits me. Is there a way to do a global clear, and not have to individually delete each one? This rollback sounds horrible. Margaret, can we sign up on a "nonpriority list" to not get rolled back until...ever? :-/
ncfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #37
andyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelblue32 View Post
I just went through and permanently deleted all of my recently deleted shows. There were 63 of them. If they had all undeleted themselves after the rollback I will potentially be getting in about an hour, it would have been chaos. And yes, I have suggested recordings turned off.
That may be a good idea. Too late for me but for others.....

I do have suggestions turned off.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #38
bunjicat

Does anyone have shows that were not deleted before and now are deleted? Like the rest of you many shows came back but it looks like the Tivo made room for them by deleting shows that were in the queue. I never bother marking keep permanently because I rarely go over 50% usage. Oh. And I do have suggestions turned off. FUBAR.
bunjicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #39
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfoster View Post
Ok. I've got over 400 deleted shows to get rid of before the rollback hits me. Is there a way to do a global clear, and not have to individually delete each one? This rollback sounds horrible. Margaret, can we sign up on a "nonpriority list" to not get rolled back until...ever? :-/
Pushing the "Clear" button will delete an entire folder of recordings of the same show when you have Groups turned on. You could try hitting the "Clear" button while highlighting the Recently Deleted folder. Not sure if it will work, but worth a try.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #40
ncfoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
Pushing the "Clear" button will delete an entire folder of recordings of the same show when you have Groups turned on. You could try hitting the "Clear" button while highlighting the Recently Deleted folder. Not sure if it will work, but worth a try.
Yeah, I had tried that, and it didn't work. That would be too easy.

In fairness, if not for this Tivopocalypse, I can see no reason that I'd ever want to do this...
ncfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #41
bunjicat

Got a response from Tivo. They completley ignored the question as to how this happened. They only stated that I will receive the update.
"At the present time we have scheduled that your TiVo box receive the latest software updates available " Amazing.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #42
Philmatic

You all need to relax, lol. Other than losing a new screen, what was *lost* here?

It may be a little embarrassing for TiVo, but since they were still in the priority rollout phase, the general public would be unaware of the rollout.

I'd say the process worked perfectly, the priority rollout found issues that QA, internal testing and beta testing did not. So they rolled it back.
Philmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #43
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmatic View Post
I'd say the process worked perfectly, the priority rollout found issues that QA, internal testing and beta testing did not. So they rolled it back.
We have also discovered flaws in their rollback process. Something else that they can work on fixing. Job security for TiVo's software coders.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #44
kbmb

Quote:
You all need to relax, lol. Other than losing a new screen, what was *lost* here?

It may be a little embarrassing for TiVo, but since they were still in the priority rollout phase, the general public would be unaware of the rollout.

That would be the exact reason to NOT rollback. If it's only Priority signups.....geeks like us.....you think they would just let it ride while they did an official fix. Take it on a case by case basis. Other than the random reboots, I'm not hearing any major show stopping bugs in 20.4.1.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #45
tatergator1

What makes me wonder about this roll-back is that it comes only a month or so after the botched TivoHD updates which sent the Australian TivoHD code to a number of US TivoHD's, essentially bricking them.

It certainly doesn't instill much confidence, especially since there was no forewarning from Margret.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #46
bunjicat

Quote:

Umm. No they didn't. I am in talks with Tivo right now and they clearly did not intend for this to happen. Apparently your time is worth nothing because I have better things to do then F@#$%ing with my Tivo.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #47
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

whew! daily call completed, no rollback. sent an email to margret requesting to be placed on a "no rollback" list.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #48
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by timstack8969 View Post
The roll back happened last night on my Premiere. Lost all Favorite channels, DVR capacity was FULL (100%) had to delete all my shows as far back as Christmas time and Clock was wrong (had rerun Guide Set up)
my Premieres haven't rolled back I was on the priority list.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #49
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjicat View Post
Umm. No they didn't. I am in talks with Tivo right now and they clearly did not intend for this to happen. Apparently your time is worth nothing because I have better things to do then F@#$%ing with my Tivo.
Assuming your talking to a CSR, I'd recommend waiting to hear from Margret for an update before wasting your time.
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #50
cherry ghost

KMTTG is great for clearing out the Deleted folder
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #51
tarheelblue32

I forced my Roamio to connect to the TiVo servers at 4:01 EDT and did not receive the rollback. I'm kind of glad, since I haven't experienced any problems with the 20.4.1 update yet.

Last edited by tarheelblue32 : 04-11-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #52
MisterWho

Quote:

I haven't got home to check whether my plus has rolled back but I had received the 20.4.1 WITHOUT requesting I be put on the priority list.
MisterWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #53
jrtroo
User

Quote:
You are "in talks with Tivo"? Talking with a CSR on an issue like this probably does not mean much. They just want to get you off the phone.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #54
moonscape

Quote:
I am in talks with Tivo right now and they clearly did not intend for this to happen.
That's encouraging for some of us, but really awful for those affected.

I forced a connection so I could deal with the rollback while I'm not recording anything, but thankfully am still on 20.4.1 and from what you're saying will remain so.
moonscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #55
moonscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Talking with a CSR on an issue like this probably does not mean much.
Good point. It would be nice to get a statement from Margret ...
moonscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #56
DeltaOne
Mount Airy, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterWho View Post
I haven't got home to check whether my plus has rolled back but I had received the 20.4.1 WITHOUT requesting I be put on the priority list.
Same here.

Two TiVo Roamio Pluses here (myself and adult son) and two Minis. We decided to wait for the general roll-out. Both Roamios were updated (son forced a connection, mine was updated when I got home from work).

I then forced connections on the two Minis -- no update.

The two Roamios have been performing normally with the update. Can't wait to get home in an hour and see what version my Roamio is running...
DeltaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #57
midas
I heard that

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Thanks for the reminder. I hadn't thought about that.
midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #58
kbmb

This doesn't sound reassuring:
https://twitter.com/tivodesign/statu...18829029892098

Quote:
@tivodesign What’s with the software rolling back? Care to comment on TCF?
Quote:
@netnothing I'm checking into it.
-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #59
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Yes, I'd be very mad, if it weren't for KMTTG.

It took about 5 minutes to clear ~300 to 500 deleted items (each) on three Roamios, and 99% of that 5 minutes was just letting KMTTG clear them out.

Ctrl-A to select all, then press permanently delete.

Don't try to do it on more than one TiVo at a time, as it (in my case) didn't work to try and do them all. Still, only ~5 minutes total, to wait for one to finish, move on to the next, wait, then I did the third TiVo, easy-peasy, and done.

Perhaps multiple instances of KMTTG running could do multiple, concurrently, but that might have taken longer.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #60
morac
Cat God

Margaret is requesting TSNs from people who's boxes rolled back. I don't know if mine did or not since I'm not home right now.

https://twitter.com/tivodesign/statu...21402474471424

Quote:
@Morac Please email me your TSN if it reverted. margret at tivo dot com
Edit:

Checked my router logs and my TiVo boxes didn't download enough data (only a few MB) to have downloaded a software update (yet?).
morac is offline   Reply With Quote