TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #1
KevinG

Any way to rollback from 20.4.1? TivoMargret?

I know it's my own fault for signing up for the beta (which I won't do again), but is there any way to get this version rolled back?

It is causing crashes during prime viewing hours (maybe BECAUSE we are watching at the same time?) that weren't happening before.
KevinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #2
thalador

I had the same thought. My Roamio pro is rebooting 2-3 times a day since I got priority update
thalador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
FACTAgent

I was rolled back automatically last night. After my Tivo connected to the service, I had a pending restart. Confirmed in system information that I was back to the prior version. But after I rebooted, every show I had ever deleted all the back to September was back in My Shows and my Roamio Pro was 95% full! After re-deleting those shows, back to normal at 43%. Has anyone else seen this behavior?
FACTAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #4
DaveDFW

Mine also automatically rolled back last night. I also lost all my channel list settings, every single channel offered on my guide list is selected.
DaveDFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #5
bunjicat

Exact same problem here. On the phone with Tivo now.
bunjicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
KevinG

I guess this is a prime example of "Be careful what you ask for."

Damn.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
anthonymoody

Hmm. My Roamio shows having connected at 2:48 a.m. this morning (Friday) but didn't roll back, thank god. Wonder if I should take it off line until this nonsense has passed...?
anthonymoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #8
KevinG

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
Hmm. My Roamio shows having connected at 2:48 a.m. this morning (Friday) but didn't roll back, thank god. Wonder if I should take it off line until this nonsense has passed...?
Just remember how unhappy a Roamio gets when it can't see the mothership...You will lose a bunch of functionality.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #9
ncfoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
I know it's my own fault for signing up for the beta (which I won't do again), but is there any way to get this version rolled back?

It is causing crashes during prime viewing hours (maybe BECAUSE we are watching at the same time?) that weren't happening before.
Just remember that this is NOT the beta program. It was just the priority list. Seems like this time around they did not have enough actual beta testers.

As one who has had only small problems since the update, I am dreading the rollback more than anything now.
ncfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #10
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
KMTTG is great for clearing out the Deleted folder
Yes, I'd be very mad, if it weren't for KMTTG.

It took about 5 minutes to clear ~300 to 500 deleted items (each) on three Roamios, and 99% of that 5 minutes was just letting KMTTG clear them out.

Ctrl-A to select all, then press permanently delete.

Don't try to do it on more than one TiVo at a time, as it (in my case) didn't work to try and do them all. Still, only ~5 minutes total, to wait for one to finish, move on to the next, wait, then I did the third TiVo, easy-peasy, and done.

Perhaps multiple instances of KMTTG running could do multiple, concurrently, but that might have taken longer.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #11
anthonymoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
Just remember how unhappy a Roamio gets when it can't see the mothership...You will lose a bunch of functionality.
I'll take my chances. I have several days of guide data and lots of recordings stacked to watch. I can easily ride this out for awhile.
anthonymoody is offline   Reply With Quote