TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
tvmaster2

Cox Orange County, Ca TV listing incorrect

Hi. Where does Tivo get it's TV Guide data from, currently? Zap2it? Tv Guide?

Our cable company, Cox, changed a few channels (Travel, Food, HGTV - all HD versions) from the east coast to Pacific feeds.

Hence, there's a three-hour error.

Zap2it is showing the correct listings, as is Cox local, set-top box tv guide. Tivo's guide is still showing east-coast, three days since the change.

I removed the channels from Tivo, and then reinserted them, and am re-loading data from Tivo, however, the Tivo listings are still showing the old, east-coast listings.

I talked to Tivo tech support, who claim they get their data from Tribune, and also claim Tribune's listings are incorrect (all other places I've checked are correct...TV Guide, Comcast, Zap2it), so I guess it's just wait and see?

Last edited by tvmaster2 : 04-09-2014 at 07:17 PM.
tvmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #2
caddyroger

You could try this and see if this work. It might take up to seven days to get right.

http://www.tivo.com/lineup.html
Old 04-10-2014, 12:06 AM   #3
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Zap2it is showing the correct listings...I talked to Tivo tech support, who claim they get their data from Tribune, and also claim Tribune's listings are incorrect...
i'm not saying your post is wrong, but since zap2it is owned by tribune who supplies their listings, i would ask a few more questions, then report to the link from caddyroger.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #4
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

I always report the channel lineup errors directly to Zap2It.com, only, and they are fixed within 24-48 hours.

Zap2It.com used to have a channel lineup error reporting page, it is gone now with the redesign.

So now I would just email feedback@zap2it.com with a Subject of "Zip Code - Channel Lineup Issue"

List:
Zip Code
Cable Provider
Channel Issues

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
tvmaster2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
I always report the channel lineup errors directly to Zap2It.com, only, and they are fixed within 24-48 hours.

Zap2It.com used to have a channel lineup error reporting page, it is gone now with the redesign.

So now I would just email feedback@zap2it.com with a Subject of "Zip Code - Channel Lineup Issue"

List:
Zip Code
Cable Provider
Channel Issues
Good idea - Zap2it's web page is correct, but apparently that doesn't always get pushed out to providers right away (my SageTV listings are incorrect as well).
Email sent
Old 04-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #6
tvmaster2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post

List:
Zip Code
Cable Provider
Channel Issues
apparently, the web team and listings supply team are now separate, meaning...the old contacts aren't much good anymore
Old 04-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
tvmaster2

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
You could try this and see if this work. It might take up to seven days to get right.

http://www.tivo.com/lineup.html
going on 10-11 days now, and still no correct listings. I've contacted Zap2it, TiVo and Cox.....can't think of what else to do

Edit: after talking with a different CSR at Tivo, it would appear a rather lengthy fix is necessary. First, you have to reload the listings from a different zipcode than your own (40 minutes), then, repeat the process using the correct zipcode (another 40 minutes).
Multiply by three Premiere's, and voila...the correct listings are now loading.
Imagine trying to have a non-techie type deal with this...
So, it's all fixed (if there's even another Orange County, Ca. TiVo Cox sub besides me left...lol)

Last edited by tvmaster2 : 04-15-2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: solution