TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-10-2014, 01:31 AM   #1
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Survivor "Mad Treasure Hunt" 4/9/14 *spoilers*

My recording didn't catch the first segment before the first commercial. Can someone tell me what I missed?

I'm always amazed in those endurance-type challenges when most of the players look like they're in pain and drop out after 15-20 minutes, and then suddenly they show us that another hour passes before the next person drops out. Does that mean that Probst is doing his play by play the entire time? Man, those people must get so sick of hearing him, especially in this situation where he basically only had two players to talk about for over an hour.

When Spencer found the HII and was able to put it down his pants without Kass noticing, why did he then walk away? He should have kept looking and tried to act very frustrated that he hadn't been able to find it yet.

Sorry to see Morgan go (for obvious reasons), but it sure seems like she wasn't very well liked and didn't do much around the camp. Her own alliance didn't seem all that sad to see her go. But that quote at TC was pretty great: "If people could choose to be ugly or cute, most people would choose to be cute." LOL!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:32 AM   #2
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

You missed an extended commercial for Outback Steakhouse. The show opened with a reward challenge and the reward was steak. From Outback Steakhouse.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:03 AM   #3
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I don't get why Morgan was voted out. She was not a threat in any way.

Plus, I enjoyed looking at her bloomin' onions.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:16 AM   #4
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
The special power for the new immunity idol was that you can play it after the votes are read? Did I remember that right?

ETA: I guess I didn't remember right. I was assuming that Spencer found the special idol, but it was just a regular idol where it has to be played before the votes are read.

Last edited by loubob57 : 04-10-2014 at 08:14 AM.
loubob57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:17 AM   #5
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
Because she was the least likely to have, or be given, an immunity idol.

I absolutely can't stand it when people like Morgan who respond to the people who don't like them by attacking their age and appearance. People didn't like you because you were lazy and useless, not because you were young and attractive.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:24 AM   #6
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post

When Spencer found the HII and was able to put it down his pants without Kass noticing, why did he then walk away? He should have kept looking and tried to act very frustrated that he hadn't been able to find it yet.
I thought this exact same thing.

I am really rooting for Spence now and hope he can make it further and further. And this is the second time that LJ has shown to be pretty darn good at the puzzles. I know Spencer was helping but LJ seemed to be figuring it out himself too.

The two brains - the only ones left in the final immunity challenge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:24 AM   #7
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
The special power for the new immunity idol was that you can play it after the votes are read? Did I remember that right?
The idol he found was a regular idol I believe.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:31 AM   #8
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
I had to watch that part a couple of times (with CC on). Although it appeared that the idol he found was in the area described by the special clue, he said it could be played after the votes were cast and before the votes were read. "This is a normal immunity idol". So I took it that it was just one of the idols that had been played re-hidden again.

I know it's editing, but it seemed like once Spencer found that idol, the search was off.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:56 AM   #9
bryhamm
randomize

Yeah, spencer did not find the special idol. As has been mentioned, he found the regular idol. But I don't recall the clue being for the special idol. Might have missed it though.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #10
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

For those conspiracy theorists out there.....was the clue for the idol put in the napkin specifically for Spencer? (I'm sure (hope?) that it was random and he just happened to sit in the right spot...I don't think we saw them taking seats or not). It doesn't seem fair to me that the clue is randomly given out. You should have to earn it somehow.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:12 AM   #11
InterMurph

I was really hoping that Woo would find the idol; it would have been a better story line.

I assumed that Spencer did keep hunting for the idol, but that that got edited out. But then later, when everybody was sitting around camp doing nothing (i.e., "Morganing"), I thought, shouldn't somebody be looking for the idol?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:18 AM   #12
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
For those conspiracy theorists out there.....was the clue for the idol put in the napkin specifically for Spencer? (I'm sure (hope?) that it was random and he just happened to sit in the right spot...I don't think we saw them taking seats or not). It doesn't seem fair to me that the clue is randomly given out. You should have to earn it somehow.
When the arrived the server said "sit anywhere you like" so presumably the clue was already in the napkin waiting for someone to pick that seat.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:19 AM   #13
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Random.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/10/su...bst-episode-7/

Quote:
In this case, we set up the reward and then they walk in and sit where they want. In fact, I think the woman serving them says “sit wherever you want” or something similar. It’s completely random. And yes, there are times they don’t find the clue. It’s rare but it happens.

Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:27 AM   #14
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I'm sure that's the case, but a conspiracy theorist would say...."what are they going to do, admit that they planted it for Spencer? Of course they are going to say that!"
Old 04-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #15
WO312

Earlier, everyone was told that there was a special idol hidden around the camp. Then Spenser found his and it said it was a regular idol. So there is still a special idol somewhere. But I bet everyone thought they were looking for the special idol.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #16
VegasVic
Craps Player

Agreed, they all thought they were looking for the special idol and forgot that a new "regular" idol would also be hidden since it was played at the last TC. Apparently there are no clues (yet anyway) to the special idol.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #17
pmyers

Quote:

Plus, I enjoyed looking at her bloomin' onions.
That made me chuckle!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #18
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I thought this exact same thing.

I am really rooting for Spence now and hope he can make it further and further. And this is the second time that LJ has shown to be pretty darn good at the puzzles. I know Spencer was helping but LJ seemed to be figuring it out himself too.

The two brains - the only ones left in the final immunity challenge.
It looked to me like Spencer did all the work before giving a puzzle piece to LJ to put up.

I like how when they are writing their votes, the only time the camera over the contestant's head is used is when Morgan was standing there. The Producers made sure we got to say goodbye to her cleavage!
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #19
dirtypacman
Coming and going

No more slo mo bay watch shots for us Morgan brought nothing to the table in this game anyhow so it was fine to see her go.

I don't know if I dislike Kass or that I just dislike the entire cast but the only person I am even remotely routing for at this time is Woo and Spencer.

Still a good season so far. Really interested in seeing what this special hidden immunity idol has in store for its finder.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #20
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

how do you guys feel about people who got voted out telling us how proud they are of themselves?

It annoys the heck out of me. But it seems to be all the rage now to self-congratulate about being a loser.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #21
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
how do you guys feel about people who got voted out telling us how proud they are of themselves?

It annoys the heck out of me. But it seems to be all the rage now to self-congratulate about being a loser.
Even though they didn't win they can feel proud that they were out of their comfort zone for so long. Morgan was clearly out of her element. I don't have a problem with it.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #22
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
You missed an extended commercial for Outback Steakhouse. The show opened with a reward challenge and the reward was steak. From Outback Steakhouse.
I saw that. That reward challenge was the first thing after the first commercial. What I missed was the cold open segment, which presumably was the scene of them arriving back at camp after the previous episode's TC.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #23
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
I saw that. That reward challenge was the first thing after the first commercial. What I missed was the cold open segment, which presumably was the scene of them arriving back at camp after the previous episode's TC.
All I remember is the usual nightvision return from tribal and Spencer telling Kass that he was not angry (he clearly was) but that he thought it was a bad move. Kass congratulated herself on her brilliance by getting rid of Sarah and 2 II (as if she had a clue about those!).
Old 04-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #24
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
All I remember is the usual nightvision return from tribal and Spencer telling Kass that he was not angry (he clearly was) but that he thought it was a bad move. Kass congratulated herself on her brilliance by getting rid of Sarah and 2 II (as if she had a clue about those!).
So what was Spencer apologizing for when he and Kass were out looking for the HII?
Old 04-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #25
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
So what was Spencer apologizing for when he and Kass were out looking for the HII?
In so many words, for telling her she was a bad player and that she didn't make a big move, but a bad one.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #26
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post
No more slo mo bay watch shots for us Morgan brought nothing to the table in this game anyhow so it was fine to see her go.
I said to my wife, it Morgan reminds me of Baywatch....and she punched me

Quote:
I don't know if I dislike Kass or that I just dislike the entire cast but the only person I am even remotely routing for at this time is Woo and Spencer.

Still a good season so far. Really interested in seeing what this special hidden immunity idol has in store for its finder.
I kind of agree. I like watching Tony play, and I thought he was playing a smart game until he played his idol for no reason. Still, he is a bit devious and I think he has a plan. But I don't necessarily want him to win.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #27
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
I kind of agree. I like watching Tony play, and I thought he was playing a smart game until he played his idol for no reason. Still, he is a bit devious and I think he has a plan. But I don't necessarily want him to win.
Well looking back he played it for no reason but he can't see the future. He felt the need to play it because he didn't completely trust Kass. He didn't hear everything you did about how they were voting.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #28
Azlen

Tony looks to be the favorite to win right now. Jefra could also win as the bland, floater choice if Tony rubs too many people the wrong way. Kass doesn't seem to be playing to win. She thinks she's a lot smarter than she is. She still has a shot as long as she's in the game but she's really made it more difficult on herself.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #29
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:

You see the same thing at many final TC's when they get to question the final 3. "At least I played the game with integrity". As soon as they change the name of the game from Survivor to Integrity that might matter.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #30
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Tony looks to be the favorite to win right now. Jefra could also win as the bland, floater choice if Tony rubs too many people the wrong way. Kass doesn't seem to be playing to win. She thinks she's a lot smarter than she is. She still has a shot as long as she's in the game but she's really made it more difficult on herself.
Tony thinks before he speaks. He has lied to everyone and they all know it. I give Tony zero chance of winning.