TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-09-2014, 04:26 AM   #1
Mrbuster

Can I use 1 wire for TiVo and antenna

I have two cables coming from outside a black one that screws into my Virgin TiVo box, and a brown coax that comes from my ariel . My tv is on the wall and behind the tv is only one virgin cable that is in the wall and this screws into my virgin box on the wall under the TV all works fine but if I turn off the virgin box I don't have any tv because my aerial is not connected because I only have one wire. Question do they sell something I can connect incoming virgin and incoming antenna to one wire, and something for behind TV to make antenna and virgin box separate wires. Or is there an easy way.
Mrbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
squint

I'm not sure I understand the question but there should be separate connectors for cable and antenna on the back of the Tivo...
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
evanborkow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbuster View Post
I have two cables coming from outside a black one that screws into my Virgin TiVo box, and a brown coax that comes from my ariel . My tv is on the wall and behind the tv is only one virgin cable that is in the wall and this screws into my virgin box on the wall under the TV all works fine but if I turn off the virgin box I don't have any tv because my aerial is not connected because I only have one wire. Question do they sell something I can connect incoming virgin and incoming antenna to one wire, and something for behind TV to make antenna and virgin box separate wires. Or is there an easy way.
You want a diplexer at both ends or the single cable.
evanborkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:07 AM   #4
Mrbuster

Is there any type of diplexer yo would recommend. Or are they all the same. Will this allow me to watch tv through the arial on the roof and also the tv provided through my Virgin TiVo box... Thanks for the reply
Old 04-10-2014, 06:17 AM   #5
SullyND
W: 31-15

Quote:
You'd get better input if you posted in the Virgin TiVo - UK forum
SullyND is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:02 AM   #6
Mrbuster

Sorry if I did not make myself clear. Black wire and brown wire com in from outside. Only the black virgin wire is fitted into plastered wall and comes out behind my tv to plug into TiVo box. TiVo works fine. But if I turn off TiVo box I have no connection to my antenna on the roof. I want a way to make the antenna and the TiVo box work on the one wire. Thanks for your reply
Old 04-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #7
unitron

Quote:
Sorry if I did not make myself clear. Black wire and brown wire com in from outside. Only the black virgin wire is fitted into plastered wall and comes out behind my tv to plug into TiVo box. TiVo works fine. But if I turn off TiVo box I have no connection to my antenna on the roof. I want a way to make the antenna and the TiVo box work on the one wire. Thanks for your reply
Seriously, if you're in the UK, take SullyND's advice about in which forum to post.

It's not that we aren't eager to help, but somebody in there would know which, if any, frequencies are or are not used by both cable and over the air channels where you live, which may not be the same answer it would be over here, and this would determine whether it was feasible to try to bring both in on a single co-axial cable.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote