TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-02-2014, 03:23 AM   #6601
dredwing

Yet another feature request(s)..
Maybe this is already in more recent builds, but I seem to recall a time when I was trying to close a child window, used Alt-F4 (on windows), and the whole program closed, which resulted in a bunch of partially processed job sequences. Would the "maintain job queue between sessions" option (which I did not have selected) have minimized the manual recovery needed afterwards, even though I was running in GUI mode?

I can't test the current behavior right this moment, as I have a bunch of qsfix and comskip jobs still being processed (more on this in a sec).

Perhaps with java this would be beyond the programs control, but it would be nice if there were a confirmation dialog before the program exits. I have not tried the "save and restore job queue" features, but if kmttg does get control when window is closed, in addition to OK/Cancel choice, perhaps a option to save current job queue could be added.

The reason for long queue of qsfix and comskip jobs is a (videoredo) decrypt/qsfix job that got stuck for 14 hours at 100% completion (until I canceled the job from kmttg gui). I do not have the "run multiple VideoRedo tasks" option selected. Would it be practical for kmttg to automatically cancel the problem job (and optionally add it and dependent jobs back to end of queue (once)), once some reasonable amount of time has passed and status of program isn't changing?
dredwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:19 AM   #6602
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredwing View Post
Yet another feature request(s)..
Maybe this is already in more recent builds, but I seem to recall a time when I was trying to close a child window, used Alt-F4 (on windows), and the whole program closed, which resulted in a bunch of partially processed job sequences. Would the "maintain job queue between sessions" option (which I did not have selected) have minimized the manual recovery needed afterwards, even though I was running in GUI mode?

I can't test the current behavior right this moment, as I have a bunch of qsfix and comskip jobs still being processed (more on this in a sec).

Perhaps with java this would be beyond the programs control, but it would be nice if there were a confirmation dialog before the program exits. I have not tried the "save and restore job queue" features, but if kmttg does get control when window is closed, in addition to OK/Cancel choice, perhaps a option to save current job queue could be added.

The reason for long queue of qsfix and comskip jobs is a (videoredo) decrypt/qsfix job that got stuck for 14 hours at 100% completion (until I canceled the job from kmttg gui). I do not have the "run multiple VideoRedo tasks" option selected. Would it be practical for kmttg to automatically cancel the problem job (and optionally add it and dependent jobs back to end of queue (once)), once some reasonable amount of time has passed and status of program isn't changing?
The "Automatically restore job queue between sessions" when checked will save the jobs currently in the jobs list and if you accidentally closed the window, the next time its opened, those jobs will restart. Its also listed when your mouse hovered over that option and the popup will explain.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #6603
DeeSeven

I'm having trouble transferring a single episode and only this one episode. Everything other episode/show transfers no problem. it isn't copy protected, and I have plenty of space on the HD in question. I even switched HDs and it still won't download all the way. It stops at 50%, my connection doesn't die as it just moves to the next show in Q like it downloaded that episode 100% even tho it didn't. Has anyone ran into this issue?
DeeSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #6604
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeSeven View Post
I'm having trouble transferring a single episode and only this one episode. Everything other episode/show transfers no problem. it isn't copy protected, and I have plenty of space on the HD in question. I even switched HDs and it still won't download all the way. It stops at 50%, my connection doesn't die as it just moves to the next show in Q like it downloaded that episode 100% even tho it didn't. Has anyone ran into this issue?
Most likely, there is some kind of glitch in the video or audio that stops the transfer. You can view where the file stopped and go to the same spot on the Tivo. You can then pause the video after that trouble spot (glitch) and resume the transfer. But remember to rename the file on the PC even slightly, or else it will be over written when you resume the download. (This will not work with the Premiere or Roamio, unless you have a Series 3 as the middleman.)
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 04-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #6605
DeeSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Most likely, there is some kind of glitch in the video or audio that stops the transfer. You can view where the file stopped and go to the same spot on the Tivo. You can then pause the video after that trouble spot (glitch) and resume the transfer. But remember to rename the file on the PC even slightly, or else it will be over written when you resume the download. (This will not work with the Premiere or Roamio, unless you have a Series 3 as the middleman.)
ah damn thanks ThAbtO I'll give that a try
DeeSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:10 AM   #6606
moyekj

TiVo in their infinite wisdom has shut down web page launching on internal Opera browser via RPC with 20.4.1 release. Thanks TiVo:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...8#post10063738

Last few software updates have increasingly crippled that capability and now completely killed it. Guess next kmttg update I'll be removing the now useless Remote Web tab.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #6607
jcthorne

Since the update to my Roamio this morning, kmttg seems to be having difficulty running the NP List job. Just sits there saying it is running.

Files download but do not delete and manual deletes do not work either.

I have stopped and restarted kmttg since the 20.4 software update.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #6608
moyekj

Following 20.4.1 software update on my Roamio Pro I did initially have trouble running any RPC commands, but a reboot of the Roamio Pro fixed it. Then while testing all the Remote tabs I discovered the web issue posted above.

BTW, with 20.4.1 update MRV and TTCB transfers to my Roamio Pro now noticeably slow it down - unit gets very sluggish while transfers are occuring. More experimentation needed but not looking good...

Last edited by moyekj : 04-04-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #6609
jcthorne

Updated to the latest build from sourceforge and it works fine now.

v1p0q

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #6610
dredwing

To deal with cases where a show that would have a conflicting file name (for example, a recording interrupted and restarted, or an episode that you recorded again because head or tail was missing some content), it would be nice if there were a "right click / download as..." option that presented the configured "base" name and allowed user to edit. then used that modified base name for the items created in job queue.

To expand on that concept, KMTTG could scan the final destination (and perhaps intermediate locations) to look for existing files that might interfere with normal processing and offer the option to provide new base name or delete the troublesome files. In the case where user does not respond to prompt after a few minutes, KMTTG could dismiss the dialog box and continue based on whatever the default configuration specifies. On some occasions I have temporarily modified the file name template to achieve a similar result. An alternative approach could be to offer the option to avoid any detected file name collisions with a typical rename scheme, like appending _2_ to the base file name.

On an unrelated topic, I have not noticed sluggishness while transferring with the new TiVo update, but to be fair, I have not had much time sitting in front of the TV lately. If there is a particular sequence that seems sluggish, I would be glad to compare performance with transfers active vs idle).
I did have a problem with the Mini not recognizing the updated Roamio Plus, but that seems to have resolved itself. ( - perhaps after rebooting Roamio, or maybe before - the Mini was able to get to Netflix and I didn't want to interrupt those actually watching something.)
Old 04-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #6611
lpwcomp

Quote:
To deal with cases where a show that would have a conflicting file name (for example, a recording interrupted and restarted, or an episode that you recorded again because head or tail was missing some content), it would be nice if there were a "right click / download as..." option that presented the configured "base" name and allowed user to edit. then used that modified base name for the items created in job queue.

To expand on that concept, KMTTG could scan the final destination (and perhaps intermediate locations) to look for existing files that might interfere with normal processing and offer the option to provide new base name or delete the troublesome files. In the case where user does not respond to prompt after a few minutes, KMTTG could dismiss the dialog box and continue based on whatever the default configuration specifies. On some occasions I have temporarily modified the file name template to achieve a similar result. An alternative approach could be to offer the option to avoid any detected file name collisions with a typical rename scheme, like appending _2_ to the base file name.
IMNSHO (and moyekj may disagree), the frequency of this problem does not justify modifying KMTTG to handle it. On the rare occasions when it does happen, why not just change the name of the existing computer file? If it is happening that frequently on your system, I suggest that you have a problem that needs to be addressed at the source.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:48 AM   #6612
christheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
IMNSHO (and moyekj may disagree), the frequency of this problem does not justify modifying KMTTG to handle it. On the rare occasions when it does happen, why not just change the name of the existing computer file? If it is happening that frequently on your system, I suggest that you have a problem that needs to be addressed at the source.
One such instance of this that I did notice was a series of 5-10 min shorts on TCM called "Carson On TCM". They didn't have episode names or anything unique in the title. When they ran, they often played them back to back. Each short was just long enough to show the highlights of one interview. Recording them on the Tivo was not a problem, however only the first in the list would download with KMTTG. Then the rest just didn't get processed. I had to change the HDD filename of each, one by one, in order to download each next one.

Agreed not a common problem. It could take a bit of creativity to get the program to distinguish between cases where to apply and where not to apply.
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:29 AM   #6613
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by christheman View Post
One such instance of this that I did notice was a series of 5-10 min shorts on TCM called "Carson On TCM". They didn't have episode names or anything unique in the title. When they ran, they often played them back to back. Each short was just long enough to show the highlights of one interview. Recording them on the Tivo was not a problem, however only the first in the list would download with KMTTG. Then the rest just didn't get processed. I had to change the HDD filename of each, one by one, in order to download each next one.

Agreed not a common problem. It could take a bit of creativity to get the program to distinguish between cases where to apply and where not to apply.
This was where I had included the date and time of the recordings in the filenaming. So for example a "Carson recorded @4/1 10:30" would show file name as "Carson 2014.04.01-22:30..TiVo"
" " " @4/1 10:35" becomes "Carson 2014.04.01-22:35.TiVo", Etc.

Very small chance of overwriting files, Unless there's another Tivo with the same recordings.

My Filenaming scheme in KMTTG....

Code:
[mainTitle] - [EpisodeNumber] - (RAW) - [episodeTitle] [year].[monthNum].[mday]-[hour].[min]

OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 04-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #6614
lpwcomp

Quote:
This was where I had included the date and time of the recordings in the filenaming. So for example a "Carson recorded @4/1 10:30" would show file name as "Carson 2014.04.01-22:30..TiVo"
" " " @4/1 10:35" becomes "Carson 2014.04.01-22:35.TiVo", Etc.

Very small chance of overwriting files, Unless there's another Tivo with the same recordings.

Code:
[mainTitle] - [EpisodeNumber] - (RAW) - [episodeTitle] [year].[monthNum].[mday]-[hour].[min]
I'm fairly certain he knows this based on this in his original post:

Quote:
On some occasions I have temporarily modified the file name template to achieve a similar result.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #6615
Aero 1

Feature request:

Is it possible to add a reboot option in kmttg?

There are times where i go into kmttg to force a network connect in order to get guide data or more recently, new firmware and it wont connect because it says that the box is pending a restart.

Figured it would be a handy option to have. thanks.

OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | MLB.tv -
Aero 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #6616
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
Feature request:

Is it possible to add a reboot option in kmttg?

There are times where i go into kmttg to force a network connect in order to get guide data or more recently, new firmware and it wont connect because it says that the box is pending a restart.

Figured it would be a handy option to have. thanks.
I have not found an available RPC command for TiVo reboot.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #6617
Aero 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I have not found an available RPC command for TiVo reboot.
Thanks, good to hear that you looked into it.

is there a Format command? 'cause when you hold down the format button on the front for a few, the tivo reboots.

OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | MLB.tv -
Aero 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #6618
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
Thanks, good to hear that you looked into it.

is there a Format command? 'cause when you hold down the format button on the front for a few, the tivo reboots.
Not that I'm aware of (aside from the virtual remote buttons of course). But it wouldn't help if there were since there is no way to control the length of a virtual remote button press anyway.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:46 PM   #6619
dredwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
... On the rare occasions when it does happen, why not just change the name of the existing computer file? ...
If there were only one file to rename, I would probably agree with you. Typically, I have 5 - (prog.mpg.txt, prog.mpg, prog.edl, prog.txt and prog.VPrj). And renaming breaks the link from inside the VPrj file. I'm not saying that there aren't opportunities for improving my workflow - if I ever get around to actually confirming cut points and deleting commercials, several terabytes of disk space might get freed. I'm just looking for opinions on features that might be useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christheman View Post
... It could take a bit of creativity to get the program to distinguish between cases where to apply and where not to apply.
I think the "right click / download as..." would work reasonably well for this purpose (but not for the non-interactive case).

Quote:
This was where I had included the date and time of the recordings in the filenaming. ...

Code:
Until last fall, when I discovered that providing TiVo account info gave much more reliable season/episode numbers for my S3, I had included date (but not time) stamps in filenames. Since then, I've been using
Code:
[mainTitle][/][mainTitle][" (" movieYear ")"][" - " SeriesEpNumber][" - " episodeTitle]
A nice improvement would be if I could get all movies into a separate "Movies" directory (or even better, Movies/Comedy, Movies/Drama, etc), but I don't think the syntax supports that. Since I usually download a batch of movies at a time, it probably wouldn't be that much extra effort to swap filename spec to replace first [mainTitle] with "Movies".
Thinking a bit, a possible syntax might look like:
Code:
[[movieYear.aka.IF]["Movies.aka.THEN"][mainTitle.aka.ELSE]]
And just to be clear... I'm not complaining, but rather thinking out loud about features that might be useful. I appreciate the feedback from other points of view.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #6620
pogsinnz

Hi there,

Sorry for such a basic question about kmttg but I am new to this. I started reading this thread but there are hundreds of pages!

I have a TiVo here in New Zealand and wanted to transfer programs to my PC but found out I needed to buy the Home Networking Package including Media Access Key some time ago - but they stopped selling that a few months ago. So I have no Media Access Key.

I read about KMTTG and wondered whether it might work for me if I don't have a media access key - do I still need a media access key to use kmttg?

Cheers, Paul
pogsinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #6621
moyekj

Yes you need MAK. Without MAK you won't be able to transfer programs to your PC using any program.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #6622
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogsinnz View Post
Hi there,

Sorry for such a basic question about kmttg but I am new to this. I started reading this thread but there are hundreds of pages!

I have a TiVo here in New Zealand and wanted to transfer programs to my PC but found out I needed to buy the Home Networking Package including Media Access Key some time ago - but they stopped selling that a few months ago. So I have no Media Access Key.

I read about KMTTG and wondered whether it might work for me if I don't have a media access key - do I still need a media access key to use kmttg?

Cheers, Paul
Are you sure the key isn't available until after you purchase the (now unavailable) package? Does it not show up in either of the places referred to in the link below(particularly the first option in the tivo menus)? If it doesn't show on the tivo, is anything else shown in its place?
http://help.telecom.co.nz/app/answer...5154/related/1

/edit: Strike the above. Guess you really don't have any options: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=513535. That sucks, sorry if I wasted any of your time.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control

Last edited by gonzotek : 04-09-2014 at 01:37 PM. Reason: found more info
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #6623
pogsinnz

thanks for the replies. I guess I am out of luck. The home networking package is no longer available in Australia or New Zealand, so no MAK. Apparently I just missed out as they removed it from their on-line shop a month or 2 ago. Unbelievable!
pogsinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:23 PM   #6624
moyekj

v1p0r released

v1p0r version is now released. See release_notes Wiki for details.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #6625
dredwing

Quote:
v1p0r version is now released....
Thanks!

Is anyone else unable to delete programs on the TiVo from KMTTG now?

I get the same result whether pressing Delete key or right click and select Delete. I know that delete was working fine before I upgraded, but I have not yet gone back to the prior version (at least not until I try the new order for processing auto-transfers).

Alice in Wonderland
Recorded Sun 04/13/2014 12:00 AM on 749=ABCFHD, Duration=120 mins
Now a teenager, Alice returns to Underland, where she must find her destiny and put an end to the Red Queen's reign of terror. Live action/animated. Based on books by Lewis Carroll.
recordingId not available for this entry
Old 04-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #6626
baltomathguy3801

kmttg problem

I installed the latest version of kmttg. The program looks great and communicates with my TiVo box. I can see the shows recorded on TiVo.
I am not able to transfer a file to the TiVo box. When I select the file to be transferred and click on Start nothing happens. There is no error message. Any suggestions? Thanks.
baltomathguy3801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #6627
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltomathguy3801 View Post
I installed the latest version of kmttg. The program looks great and communicates with my TiVo box. I can see the shows recorded on TiVo.
I am not able to transfer a file to the TiVo box. When I select the file to be transferred and click on Start nothing happens. There is no error message. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Have you configured it? Specifically, under File->Configure...->File Settings, do you have the .tivo output dir set?

Old 04-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #6628
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltomathguy3801 View Post
kmttg is for transferring files from TiVo to PC, not the other way round. Sounds like from your description you are using the FILES tab and trying to transfer files from PC to TiVo. You need pyTivo for that.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #6629
lpwcomp

Quote:
Thanks!

Is anyone else unable to delete programs on the TiVo from KMTTG now?

I get the same result whether pressing Delete key or right click and select Delete. I know that delete was working fine before I upgraded, but I have not yet gone back to the prior version (at least not until I try the new order for processing auto-transfers).

Alice in Wonderland
Recorded Sun 04/13/2014 12:00 AM on 749=ABCFHD, Duration=120 mins
Now a teenager, Alice returns to Underland, where she must find her destiny and put an end to the Red Queen's reign of terror. Live action/animated. Based on books by Lewis Carroll.
recordingId not available for this entry
Still works for me. Latest version of kmttg and TiVo Roamio s/w.

Are you able to delete when directly accessing the TiVo? Have you tried rebooting the TiVo?

Old 04-14-2014, 02:32 PM   #6630
lpwcomp

Quote:
kmttg is for transferring files from TiVo to PC, not the other way round. Sounds like from your description you are using the FILES tab and trying to transfer files from PC to TiVo. You need pyTivo for that.
Oops. I mis-read his post. Thought he was trying to xfer from TiVo.