TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-08-2014, 06:11 PM   #1
DJQuad
Poker Junkie

iPad app not working - everything else does

Hey all, I'm trying to get the iPad app to connect to my Premiere 4 and it always gets stuck at the "No Compatible TiVo Boxes Found" screen. The oddest thing to me is that Desktop Plus on my PC works just fine. If I sign in with my account, hitting watch now gives the away from home network error. Here are some things I've tried and other info -
  • Powercycled everything (router, modem, TiVo, iPad)
  • Remote, CableCARD, and Devices > Network Remote Control is enabled
  • The iPad connects fine to 10.0.0.4 (the TiVo) in Safari.
  • Reinstalling the app
  • Per support I tried going to http://www.tivo.com/manage and Change Device Preferences link, I disabled video transfers and video on demand until TiVoToGo read "i,i,i", then reenabled transfers until it read "a,a,a", then forced another connection. It didn't help.
I'm stuck. Like I said, Desktop Plus finds the TiVo just fine, but the iPad app doesn't.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?
DJQuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuad View Post
Hey all, I'm trying to get the iPad app to connect to my Premiere 4 and it always gets stuck at the "No Compatible TiVo Boxes Found" screen. The oddest thing to me is that Desktop Plus on my PC works just fine. If I sign in with my account, hitting watch now gives the away from home network error. Here are some things I've tried and other info -
  • Powercycled everything (router, modem, TiVo, iPad)
  • Remote, CableCARD, and Devices > Network Remote Control is enabled
  • The iPad connects fine to 10.0.0.4 (the TiVo) in Safari.
  • Reinstalling the app
  • Per support I tried going to http://www.tivo.com/manage and Change Device Preferences link, I disabled video transfers and video on demand until TiVoToGo read "i,i,i", then reenabled transfers until it read "a,a,a", then forced another connection. It didn't help.
I'm stuck. Like I said, Desktop Plus finds the TiVo just fine, but the iPad app doesn't.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?
Are you getting a strong WiFi signal to your iPad? Yesterday my router was apparently glitching. While I could load pages to my iPad via Safari, I couldn't connect to my TiVos. I'm guessing because it timed out. I ran Speedtest on my iPad and discovered it was getting glitchy and had a low download rate. When I rebooted everything, it was all good again.

This probably isn't your problem, but it might be something to look at.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
DJQuad
Poker Junkie

Yeah the speedtest is 17/6Mbps.

Allow network-based remote controls is also turned on, on the TiVo.
DJQuad is offline   Reply With Quote