TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #31
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I wonder if there is some hidden agenda that will play out here.
I think incompetence is the safer assumption here. Kass is the classic lawyer-Survivor, thinking she's much more strategical than everybody else, but in reality, not as good at the game as she is at being a lawyer.

The only group worse at Survivor than lawyers is high-stakes poker players, who know they'll do well because, "I can read people really well." Yup.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:06 PM   #32
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMurph View Post
The only group worse at Survivor than lawyers is high-stakes poker players, who know they'll do well because, "I can read people really well." Yup.
Haven't they had one of them in the past (or maybe this season)?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #33
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Kass' move was completely driven by ego. She couldn't stand Sarah acting like the decision maker for even for a short time. It works against her big time in the long run. Her old group doesn't trust her and she's at the bottom of her new group. But if she manages to get her way to the final tribal council then she deserves to win because she's definitely going to have to outwit and outplay to get there.
Perfect analysis. Kass just couldn't stand that Sarah was the latecomer to the tribe but was being treated like she was the queen. What Kass failed to see is that the others weren't treating Sarah like a queen, they were treating her with kid gloves because they needed her vote to maintain their numbers advantage, and Sarah was a legit threat to go back into an alliance with her former tribe mates.

I hope when Kass watched this episode, she slapped herself on the forehead and realized what a prideful idiot she was by flipping.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:22 PM   #34
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Haven't they had one of them in the past (or maybe this season)?
Yes. Garrett who was the big, buff guy on the Brains tribe and who was blindsided in the second half of the premiere after J'Tia dumped the rice. Remember, he was the one that insisted they have all their discussions about who to vote for out in the open and he wouldn't allow people to go off into groups.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #35
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
And she let what's her face that dumped the rice away and sucked at challenges stick around a bit.
Is this referring to a few episodes ago, because Tasha's not the one who dumped the rice - that was J'Tia, who is long gone.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #36
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Is this referring to a few episodes ago, because Tasha's not the one who dumped the rice - that was J'Tia, who is long gone.
But her post is correct about J'Tia. Kass kept her around until they lost the next challenge. And it was even a close call between J'Tia and Spencer.

Let's face it: the guy who gave away immunity on TC and promptly got voted out was a stupid person. Kass is the stupidest smart person that has ever played this game.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #37
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I hope when Kass watched this episode, she slapped herself on the forehead and realized what a prideful idiot she was by flipping.
That's all going to depend on when she eventually got voted out. If it was anytime before final tribal then she definitely should be kicking herself for making such a stupid decision.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #38
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I don't know why they always get rid of the tiny, not-so-smart, young, naive, girls instead of the big strong men who are more likely to win individual immunity. Jeffra was their second choice?

The new special idol is probably like the golden power of veto.
I assume that they were worried about LJ's idol. Woo had immunity--there weren't any other guys, were there?

LJ would have been smarter to give Tony his idol when they got back to camp--unless he didn't believe the "vote for the other one" stuff. Or he could have just kept it until Tony backstabs him sometime--which he probably will.

I loved Sarah assuring them that Tony didn't have an idol. She deserved to leave just for that.

We're pretty much proving this season that brains are a handicap in survivor.

When they first had immunity idols, they could be played after the votes were read--they wouldn't go back to that, would they? Maybe that it could only be played for someone else at that point?
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #39
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
When they first had immunity idols, they could be played after the votes were read--they wouldn't go back to that, would they?
Good gravy I hope not. It was that way in Cook Islands and Panama. And Yul showed why this was not a good idea - he told everyone he had it and they didn't vote him out because they knew he could just play it and nullify their votes.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #40
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
When they first had immunity idols, they could be played after the votes were read--they wouldn't go back to that, would they?
That's what I expected the "different" powers to be. Play it after the votes are read, essentially ensuring that you're safe as long as you have it. But as pointed out, that's essentially a free pass to the final four, so not really a good idea as far as creating drama.

Quote:
Maybe that it could only be played for someone else at that point?
Oooh, I like this idea. You can play it after the votes are read, but only to save someone else. But in that case, how does Jeff know where the HII originated? For example, say Tony finds it and has it in his possession. At TC, it becomes clear the votes are going to be for him. So he secretly passes the HII to LJ and then after the votes are read, LJ plays it to save Tony. There would have to be some kind of rule to prevent this, or else it's essentially no different from the Yul version of the HII (unless the person holding it has no other allies in the game that will play it for him/her).
Old 04-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #41
stellie93

Of course, once you pass it off and it's not in your possession, that person can do whatever he wants with it--another kind of blindside.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:47 AM   #42
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

No mention of Yung wearing shoes at the immunity challenge? He was a lock with that advantage.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:11 AM   #43
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
No mention of Yung wearing shoes at the immunity challenge? He was a lock with that advantage.
I saw that too and was surprised there was no mention in the wrapups of it..
Old 04-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #44
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
That's all going to depend on when she eventually got voted out. If it was anytime before final tribal then she definitely should be kicking herself for making such a stupid decision.
Sarah was on the EW podcast and said that the 6 of them made a pact that whoever flips will not get a single vote from the remaining 5 (if they flip then make it to the end). That explains Spencer's comment to Kass "zero chance of winning a million dollars". At this point in the game and knowing everything we know, this was a monumentally stupid decision by Kass.

Quote:
I seem to recall as early as last season that one contestant regretted keeping his shoe on (John? Candice's husband?) in a similar challenge and said it would have been easier without. I think contestants have a choice to make before the challenge (but can't change their minds once it starts).
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:01 AM   #45
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I think it would depend a lot on the shoe. Those things Wu was wearing weren't exactly shoes and they looked a lot more appropriate for a challenge like this than a pair of sneakers.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #46
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I think it would depend a lot on the shoe. Those things Wu was wearing weren't exactly shoes and they looked a lot more appropriate for a challenge like this than a pair of sneakers.
Yeah, they looked like Vibram Five-Fingers. So you can still move your toes and use them a bit to grip with.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #47
goblue97
Hoke-amania

No more mention of Trish and her sex change?
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #48
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Loved this exchange during the immunity challenge:

Tony: How's it going Woo?
Woo: Woo!

Old 04-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #49
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Despite the fact that Kass made a poor move, Sarah did her best to push her in that direction...

If Sarah made up her mind to stay with her new tribe, she should have made everyone feel comfortable... Kass clearly felt on the outside...

Kass didn't play to win...she played to get even...
  • Game Consoles: PS3, XBox 360, Wii
MikeekiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #50
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I'm not sure the shoes gave him any advantage. The challenge was about balance, not how well your feet can grip the surface.

Also, as others said, he had those very thin Vibram Five Finger shoes that might come in handy for this challenge. Any other kind of shoe would be a detriment. So I'm guessing all contestants had the option of wearing shoes, and Woo was the only one who chose to, probably because he's the only one who has that kind of shoe.

Will be interesting if we see more people wearing that kind of shoe in future seasons.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #51
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

The first episode of Ponderosa is up now.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #52
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeekiM View Post
Kass didn't play to win...she played to get even...
Mistake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #53
MikeekiM
Palindromer

I have to admit, this is one of the better TCs I have seen in a long time...

I watched it over again, and loved how cocky and confident Sarah was...Not realizing that she was architecting her exit from the game!
Old 04-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #54
Necromancer2006

Kass completely screwed herself over with that vote. It will be interesting to see if she can get dragged to the end - if she does, I don't think she sniffs a single vote. For being a 'brains' member, she displayed absolutely none with the choice she made.
Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #55
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
Kass completely screwed herself over with that vote. It will be interesting to see if she can get dragged to the end - if she does, I don't think she sniffs a single vote. For being a 'brains' member, she displayed absolutely none with the choice she made.
I think she knew she was screwing things up...

Toward the end she indicated that she thought Sarah was going to destroy the game...and if she was going to go ahead and destroy it...she'll destroy it first.

Of course, we now know that Sarah stayed loyal to her new tribe... But she made the mistake of casting doubt on what she was ultimately going to do, instead of building confidence... She liked being in power and calling the shots and making sure everyone knew that she held the power to flip if she wanted to...
Old 04-06-2014, 02:39 PM   #56
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeekiM View Post
I think she knew she was screwing things up...

Toward the end she indicated that she thought Sarah was going to destroy the game...and if she was going to go ahead and destroy it...she'll destroy it first.

Of course, we now know that Sarah stayed loyal to her new tribe... But she made the mistake of casting doubt on what she was ultimately going to do, instead of building confidence... She liked being in power and calling the shots and making sure everyone knew that she held the power to flip if she wanted to...
Ultimately, I don't think Sarah was really ever casting any doubt on what she was going to do. Her only mistake was being so adamant about who she would and wouldn't vote against, and that's what rubbed Kass the wrong way. Kass felt like Sarah should assume her rightful place as the 6th member of their alliance and just shut her mouth and do as she was told. When Sarah actually had an opinion (*shudder*), Kass felt threatened by that.

So now Kass is the 6th member of the other alliance. Let's see if she takes her "rightful place," shuts her mouth, and just does as she's told. Something tells me that's not going to happen.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #57
Necromancer2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Ultimately, I don't think Sarah was really ever casting any doubt on what she was going to do. Her only mistake was being so adamant about who she would and wouldn't vote against, and that's what rubbed Kass the wrong way. Kass felt like Sarah should assume her rightful place as the 6th member of their alliance and just shut her mouth and do as she was told. When Sarah actually had an opinion (*shudder*), Kass felt threatened by that.

So now Kass is the 6th member of the other alliance. Let's see if she takes her "rightful place," shuts her mouth, and just does as she's told. Something tells me that's not going to happen.
It doesn't matter if she shuts her mouth or not, her old tribe isn't going to be taking her back anytime soon, and the tribe she jumped to is clearly only going to use her as a dummy number. I don't believe she's smart enough to actually develop the kind of relationship required to be a contributing member of an alliance.
Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #58
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Kass has dug her own grave and it's disappointing, she let her ego get in the way when all she needed to do was let Sarah have this little win, IMO it was very short sighted, playing the long game should have had her take one for the team and back down.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:11 PM   #59
Balzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I saw that too and was surprised there was no mention in the wrapups of it..
I agree... I saw that footwear before the challenge started, and it looked like it would be an advantage to me. Especially on the first two rungs, where it would protect from the soreness from the edges of the wood cutting into your feet....

Seems strange to me..

Roamio Plus (Sep '14 - Present)
Roamio (Sep '13 - Present)
Premiere(July '12 - Present)
Premiere(August '11 - Present)
TiVo HD (July '07 - July '12)
TiVo S1 (August '01 - July '07)
Balzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #60
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I'll probably be wrong about this, but I think you people are writing off Kass a bit early. There's a lot of game left to go and stuff can happen.