TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
UCLABB

Tuning adapter reboot

Anyone know if the tuning adapter reboots when one reboots the TiVo? If I don't reboot the tuning adapter from time to time, it starts screwing up. It would be nice to kill two birds with one stone to just reboot the TiVo via the help menu rather than fumbling around behind the TA unplugging it.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #2
tatergator1

The TA does not reboot with a TiVo reboot. Some users have resorted to putting the TA on a lamp timer and have it shut off briefly every day in the middle of the night to keep the TA stable.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
The TA does not reboot with a TiVo reboot. Some users have resorted to putting the TA on a lamp timer and have it shut off briefly every day in the middle of the night to keep the TA stable.
Thanks.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #4
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

I just reboot my Cisco TAs every 3-4 weeks, and that works for me, to solve any TA outage issues.

My experience has been; the longer they go without a reboot the greater chance of having issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote