TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Metadata Cover Art for pyTiVo transfers

Perhaps I'm missing something however when I have metadata tags for transfers back to my TiVos, despite including cover art images, they never get transferred with the text metatag data.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong? The videos I transfer to the Tivo never have the thumbnail image despite the metadata corresponding file on the PC side.

The only exception to this appears to be when for example when I pulled down Walking Dead episodes and edit out the commercials then transfer them back to the Tivo, then it appears to include the jpeg image however I'm not sure if it using what it already knows as once transferred back to the TiVo, the episodes are mixed with the standard episodes with commercials and the ones I edited the commercials out.

Is this normal behavior or is there something I'm missing. It's not a big deal but having the image thumbnail would be nice for transferred content.

Thanks!

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #2
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

It's normal. There is no provision in HMO for transferring cover art. (Well, in fact there's a spec, but the TiVo has never implemented it.) Where you see cover art in the TiVo's HDUI, it's been fetched separately from the Internet, based on the programId. Image tags in pyTivo metadata are solely for the benefit of other programs, like Streambaby.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
It's normal. There is no provision in HMO for transferring cover art. (Well, in fact there's a spec, but the TiVo has never implemented it.) Where you see cover art in the TiVo's HDUI, it's been fetched separately from the Internet, based on the programId. Image tags in pyTivo metadata are solely for the benefit of other programs, like Streambaby.
Is there a way to retrieve the Tivo based programid for restricted copy content? based on what you describe I can see that program ID in the content such as the Walking Dead I transferred which is maintained when the commercial free edited copy is loaded back, however is there a way to view that program ID without transferring it?

Old 04-07-2014, 12:56 AM   #4
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboydog View Post
Is there a way to retrieve the Tivo based programid for restricted copy content?
Sure.
Code:
https://yourtivoip/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:48 AM   #5
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Sure.
Code:
https://yourtivoip/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying
That's works but it's in slightly criptic format (XML) format, now what I did find is the TivoPlaylist program which will pull up the no playing list and while it doesn't show the programID info directly, if you export the data to CSV file, that file will then show all the recorded content including the ProgramID which is just what I need.

You may well know it esp with pyTiVo, but I found that if you give the wrong ProgramID in the metatag txt file and upload it, it triggers a C501 error (on the Premiere, on my Roamio it just throws up a "error has occurred") then it won't let you view the new uploaded recording. Another curious effect if you give a uploaded recording a existing non-related ProgramID of another recorded program, everything in the metatag file is ignored and the new uploaded program assumes all the description of that previously recorded content, when ou play it though it shows the uploaded program.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #6
lpwcomp

It is also possible to acquire the programId from a source other than TiVo, at least for some things. I have no idea what percentage it is, but probably at least most everything currently being shown and a lot of what is available elsewhere, i.e. Netflix, Amazon, etc.

I have modified my copy of pyTivoMetaThis to acquire it. Working on getting it checked in to the sourceforge repository.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #7
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
It is also possible to acquire the programId from a source other than TiVo, at least for some things. I have no idea what percentage it is, but probably at least most everything currently being shown and a lot of what is available elsewhere, i.e. Netflix, Amazon, etc.

I have modified my copy of pyTivoMetaThis to acquire it. Working on getting it checked in to the sourceforge repository.
That's what I described prior that it created the error and wouldn't allow the content to be played, just to see if it would work, I used a Amazon recording's programID and if you started playing it right after you started the transfer it would play but if you went back to continue to browse the share or live TV and then went back to play the recording, it will error out and it didn't matter if the Amazon recording was already on the Tivo or not, I assumed it was the Tivo not liking the transfered content being misidentified as a Amazon recording?

I figured out how to get the programID info for Amazon recordings from Amazon content I have on my TiVo's, but how do you retrieve such for Netflix since Netflix is streamed, not recorded or are you describing a Metagenerator version that is pulling valid programid info from an Internet source?? I'm confused (which some days don't take much to do!) perhaps we are talking about two different things, what I described was that I edited the metatag txt file to include the programID of a Amazon recording and used pyTivo to upload it, it would create a recording you can't select or play, only thing you can do is have it highlighted and hit the clear button to delete.