TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #31
dlongnecker

VOD on mini

VOD is working fine on pro.

On the mini, I go into comcast streaming, find a show, select it and it starts playing. At least I can hear the show, but not see it. After about 5 seconds a comcast error message shows up saying it was having problems streaming. I go to the pro and it streams fine.

Comcast doesn't know anything about the mini....any thoughts about what might be wrong?
dlongnecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #32
Shanezam203

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
Have a look at this thread, towards the end, there are several people who had the problem you report and were able to resolve it. I got the two threads mixed up.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...8&goto=newpost
Got it working, thank you. The fix for me was to change the View from Tivo SD to Tivo HD and it now is available. wow, wonder why On Demand isnt available on Tivo SD display.
Shanezam203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #33
dmk1974
DA BEARS!!!

Very interesting...I'll have to check this when I get home from work tonight. I live in the Chicago suburbs and had basically figured they would never support the Xfinity app. I have 2 Premieres and 2 Minis. Will check on all of them and report back tonight.

TiVo Premiere 4 w/Lifetime (318 hr)
TiVo Premiere 4 w/Lifetime (77 hr)
TiVo Mini w/Lifetime (x4)
TiVo Stream
dmk1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #34
ncfoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk1974 View Post
Very interesting...I'll have to check this when I get home from work tonight. I live in the Chicago suburbs and had basically figured they would never support the Xfinity app. I have 2 Premieres and 2 Minis. Will check on all of them and report back tonight.
Hopefully, they have smoothed out the process some. The only step that I needed to take was to reboot my Roamio Pro and Mini, and it has worked flawlessly for me on both. <knock on wood> I'm in Northwest Indiana.
ncfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #35
dmk1974
DA BEARS!!!

I only wound up testing it on one of my TiVo Mini units last night and it worked without issue. Only tested playing a few videos on HBO and others. The HBO one ("The Heat") didn't appear to be in HD, but wasn't sure if it's supposed to be. Pretty basic folder interface, but at least it's better than nothing (finally)!

TiVo Stream
Old 04-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #36
jrtroo
User

The Tivo interface for this is much better than my experience on the Comcast box themselves.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #37
dmk1974
DA BEARS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk1974 View Post
I only wound up testing it on one of my TiVo Mini units last night and it worked without issue. Only tested playing a few videos on HBO and others. The HBO one ("The Heat") didn't appear to be in HD, but wasn't sure if it's supposed to be. Pretty basic folder interface, but at least it's better than nothing (finally)!
Seems to be working well on all of my boxes! Tested a few shows on the various boxes. Rented "Wolf of Wallstreet" and played perfectly in HD as well.

TiVo Stream
Old 04-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #38
swak

I am in NW IN and finally got it working last night on my Premieer after two weeks of calling in. I did an online chat and asked that my billing codes were correct, and got someone who said they were not. My account showed "Cablecard" and not "Tivo Cablecard". I was told that would fix it. Tried it and not fixed, so I called-in , at first last night the rep I got said it wasn't even possible to get ondemand with a tivo premieer she said it only works on roamios and also it was not available in area! I told her she needed to double check on both of her statements because she was wrong!

After she checked she asked me if I had a comcast cable box! I said no this is a TIVO. then she said that at least one comcast cable box needs to be on the account and listed as the primary box to get any ondemand channels. She added a virtual cable box (no monthly cost, she said) as my primary box and now my TIVO ondemand is working.

Hope this makes sense and helps someone...
swak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #39
ncfoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by swak View Post
I am in NW IN and finally got it working last night on my Premieer after two weeks of calling in. I did an online chat and asked that my billing codes were correct, and got someone who said they were not. My account showed "Cablecard" and not "Tivo Cablecard". I was told that would fix it. Tried it and not fixed, so I called-in , at first last night the rep I got said it wasn't even possible to get ondemand with a tivo premieer she said it only works on roamios and also it was not available in area! I told her she needed to double check on both of her statements because she was wrong!

After she checked she asked me if I had a comcast cable box! I said no this is a TIVO. then she said that at least one comcast cable box needs to be on the account and listed as the primary box to get any ondemand channels. She added a virtual cable box (no monthly cost, she said) as my primary box and now my TIVO ondemand is working.

Hope this makes sense and helps someone...
Greetings fellow region rat! So thankful that I didn't have to do the billing code tango to get my on-demand to work. I have spoken enough with Comcast to last a lifetime.
ncfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:13 AM   #40
sandman55

I found out that you need to watch live TV first before going to OnDemand. Mini doesn't seem to take a tuner if you go straight to OnDemand.
sandman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #41
markfheil

You have to find someone at Comcast that knows Tivos. I was lucky and had a tech that knew that my CableCard had to have a specific patch to make it work with my Roamio. Luck of the draw, or just keep calling and asking.
markfheil is offline   Reply With Quote