TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #31
bunjicat

Had several Rokus and an Xbox and never had to login more then once.

On another note had to login in again on the Roamio this morning. It was for a good reason. I got the spring update. Logging into to Netflix they added some buttons on on the virtual keyboard. They added "@gmail.com" "@yahoo.com" and "@hotmail.com". So if you have any of these email address the pain just got a little less. Now if they remove the asterisks when typing the password I might be able to live with it.
bunjicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #32
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjicat View Post
Had several Rokus and an Xbox and never had to login more then once.
I have several devices also and don't have re-login problems. I wonder if the issue is having devices with different external IP address? In the typical house setup, all the devices within the house will appear to have the same IP address (NAT remapping), but if you access Netflix from a different external IP address (eg, a different house), perhaps Netflix thinks it needs to check?

Could this be happening for you folks that need to constantly re-login?
Old 04-04-2014, 06:03 PM   #33
bunjicat

Netflix only allows two streams at once. When I attempt to stream on a third it throws an error. Doesn't prohibit the login process.

All this needs is a simple "cookie" process. Like when I login on my computer and you check the "Remember me on this computer" check box. Unless you delete your cookies you can frequently go back to the site with out logging in. This is not complicated. Also, each tivo device has a unique netflix (or tivo. not sure here) generated esn number. Its persistent and does not change. Why can't Netflix database these id's under my user account (like amazon does with VOD) eliminating the login process all together? A lot of questions with no answers.
bunjicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #34
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
I have several devices also and don't have re-login problems. I wonder if the issue is having devices with different external IP address? In the typical house setup, all the devices within the house will appear to have the same IP address (NAT remapping), but if you access Netflix from a different external IP address (eg, a different house), perhaps Netflix thinks it needs to check?

Could this be happening for you folks that need to constantly re-login?
I don't have the issue. I'll access Netflix from my GFs house and I don't normally get a login screen. Plus my IP address at home will sometimes change several times a month. That doesn't in cause any login issues either.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote