TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
rassi

What Roamio Features should I know about?

I've been a long-time TiVo user - my first TiVo was a Series 1, and I've had several Series 2 boxes, and most recently, a TiVoHD. Just finally bit the bullet and bought a Roamio Plus. Got it set up and have been exploring. Looks like it might have a lot of neat features. For example, I discovered in the Opera store I could play "on demand" a bunch of the 1960's Speed Racer cartoons - really cool to a kid who grew up in the 80's... I found out while researching the Roamio that I could activate an MLB.tv subscription on it so I could watch the Chicago Cubs everyday - a great thing for this native of Chicago who now lives in Ohio.

What other features should I know about?

Is it possible to use any of the "on-demand" free channels that Time Warner offers (and show up in my list of channels) or do I need a "true" cablebox from them to be able to see those?

Any help in using our new Roamio to its full potential is appreciated!
rassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassi View Post
I've been a long-time TiVo user - my first TiVo was a Series 1, and I've had several Series 2 boxes, and most recently, a TiVoHD. Just finally bit the bullet and bought a Roamio Plus. Got it set up and have been exploring. Looks like it might have a lot of neat features. For example, I discovered in the Opera store I could play "on demand" a bunch of the 1960's Speed Racer cartoons - really cool to a kid who grew up in the 80's... I found out while researching the Roamio that I could activate an MLB.tv subscription on it so I could watch the Chicago Cubs everyday - a great thing for this native of Chicago who now lives in Ohio. What other features should I know about? Is it possible to use any of the "on-demand" free channels that Time Warner offers (and show up in my list of channels) or do I need a "true" cablebox from them to be able to see those? Any help in using our new Roamio to its full potential is appreciated!
There's no time warner app on TiVo for on demand, but I got a Roku which does have it. You can also use an xbox 360.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
There's no time warner app on TiVo for on demand, but I got a Roku which does have it. You can also use an xbox 360.
There is also a TWC app for Samsung Smart TVs. The TWC app doesn't just do on-demand, it will do live TV streamed over the internet as well.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #4
rassi

I have a Roku stick coming (due Sat) for their WWE app, so it's nice to know it will also do the Time Warner on-demand stuff.

Now I need to figure out how to get our TiVo to change the input for the TV. There was no code for our TV (a Proscan) so we had to use one of the "generic" codes (0990 I think). The input button on the remote works as MUTE now...

Anything else "built-in" to the Roamio I should know about that's cool???
rassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #5
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassi View Post
I have a Roku stick coming (due Sat) for their WWE app, so it's nice to know it will also do the Time Warner on-demand stuff. Now I need to figure out how to get our TiVo to change the input for the TV. There was no code for our TV (a Proscan) so we had to use one of the "generic" codes (0990 I think). The input button on the remote works as MUTE now... Anything else "built-in" to the Roamio I should know about that's cool???
Try an RCA code for ProScan, that's the parent company.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote