TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #1
andyf

Other 20.4.1 notes

Maybe we can start fresh here with 20.4.1 comments now it's available instead of the rather large "Spring Update" thread.

The MoCa Details are now populated in Network Status even when using the ethernet bridge connection. I don't believe it showed anything before.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #2
rgr

Sounds good. Just got the update and reboot complete. Do like the extra recording options.

Only oddity (so far) is that AOL.On is listed twice in My Video Providers Setting. Anybody else have this?
rgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
humbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr View Post
Sounds good. Just got the update and reboot complete. Do like the extra recording options.

Only oddity (so far) is that AOL.On is listed twice in My Video Providers Setting. Anybody else have this?
I'm only getting AOL On listed once.

And I'll repost this here:
Quote:
- new "Default Recording Options" screen inside Settings > Recording to set your preferred "Keep at most", New/Reruns settings, and padding for new Season Passes and WishLists.
I found that the actual implementation applies the default padding to new single programs in addition to SP's and WL's. My preference would have been not to include singles in the default settings (i.e. the way Margret describes it above).

I can also confirm that two tuners are now in use during the overlap padding period when both shows are on the same channel.
humbb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #4
Pejota

Modifying an individual SP recording seems to be fixed!
Pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #5
andyf

Hmm! For some reason I can't connect to the Roamio with the iPad app. The Roamio also can't see my Music & Photos. Both work fine on my 2 Premieres, just not the Roamio.

I can see all my shows on the Roamio from the Premieres.

Need to do a reboot and try again but I've got 2 shows recording for the next 1/2 hour.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #6
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
Hmm! For some reason I can't connect to the Roamio with the iPad app. The Roamio also can't see my Music & Photos. Both work fine on my 2 Premieres, just not the Roamio.

Need to do a reboot and try again but I've got 2 shows recording for the next 1/2 hour.
You could try and force another Tivo service connection. When there is an update, that is the only thing downloaded.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:37 PM   #7
andyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
You could try and force another Tivo service connection. When there is an update, that is the only thing downloaded.
Yup! Did that. Also rebooted iPad. Also reran the Stream setup. Waiting to reboot Roamio ...
Old 04-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #8
andyf

Quote:

After rebooting the Roamio I can now connect with the iPad app. Still can't see "My Music & Photos" (Pandora etc is there) though.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #9
kbmb

Quote:
After rebooting the Roamio I can now connect with the iPad app. Still can't see "My Music & Photos" (Pandora etc is there) though.
I've been having connection issues as well. Multiple times I'm kicked back to the login screen. Sometimes it will see one of my Tivos as Away from Home Network.

Working perfectly before the update.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #10
kbmb

Transfers between Roamios

Have a Roamio Basic and Plus. Both hardwired via Cat6. Both updated this evening.

When I go to transfer (not stream) but actually move a program from the Basic to the Plus......the Plus gets REALLY sluggish. To the point where I will get black screens, the little blue spinning circle, C133 errors, etc.

The transfer seems to go fine.....but man, something is up with this. Never used to have an issue before this update.

UPDATE: Tried transferring the other way, from the Plus to the Basic.....same issue. The Basic gets really sluggish. Easy test is bringing up the SP Manager. During a transfer, it's slow to load. Not during a transfer and it's lightning quick. Seems they are maybe giving too much CPU to the transfer process.

UPDATE 2: The tivo the show is being transferred to even has a hard time playing the program while it transferring. Stutters, black screens audio dropouts. It's like tivo is giving the transfer process all CPU cycles.

-Kevin

Last edited by kbmb : 04-03-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #11
kbmb

Another issue, not sure if it's new or not......during a Roamio to Roamio transfer, if you highlight the transferring show and hit clear to stop it, and you choose Stop and Delete.....it stops the transfer, but doesn't delete the partial recording.

-Kevin
Old 04-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #12
Pejota

Netflix subtitles don't seem to be improved. Occasional lines of dialog are still dropped. Also, the issue of having several seconds of black when hitting the replay button has not been fixed .

Would it be Netflix's responsibility to fix these? My Mini doesn't seem as affected as my Roamio Plus.
Pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:54 PM   #13
Philmatic

Strange, why don't you use the actual thread started by Margret?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=516208
Philmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:44 AM   #14
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmatic View Post

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=516208
I 100% agree. It's been the new norm, since TiVoMargret came along, for her to start threads, which are THE place to post observations/issues.

Unless you are trying to make sure she never sees what you post, all the duplicate thread conversations on 20.4.1 belong there, if relevant.
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #15
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Have a Roamio Basic and Plus. Both hardwired via Cat6. Both updated this evening.

When I go to transfer (not stream) but actually move a program from the Basic to the Plus......the Plus gets REALLY sluggish. To the point where I will get black screens, the little blue spinning circle, C133 errors, etc.

The transfer seems to go fine.....but man, something is up with this. Never used to have an issue before this update.

UPDATE: Tried transferring the other way, from the Plus to the Basic.....same issue. The Basic gets really sluggish. Easy test is bringing up the SP Manager. During a transfer, it's slow to load. Not during a transfer and it's lightning quick. Seems they are maybe giving too much CPU to the transfer process.

UPDATE 2: The tivo the show is being transferred to even has a hard time playing the program while it transferring. Stutters, black screens audio dropouts. It's like tivo is giving the transfer process all CPU cycles.

-Kevin
This is surely a new bug in TiVo's software. Allocation of CPU cycles should be dynamic not static, and in any case transfers shouldn't need a high priority, certainly not as high as recording or playback or even the user interface (menus, etc).
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #16
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by L David Matheny View Post
This is surely a new bug in TiVo's software. Allocation of CPU cycles should be dynamic not static, and in any case transfers shouldn't need a high priority, certainly not as high as recording or playback or even the user interface (menus, etc).
Margret did mention on twitter they are looking into it.

-Kevin
Old 04-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #17
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
KMTTG is great for clearing out the Deleted folder
Yes, I'd be very mad, if it weren't for KMTTG.

It took about 5 minutes to clear ~300 to 500 deleted items (each) on three Roamios, and 99% of that 5 minutes was just letting KMTTG clear them out.

Ctrl-A to select all, then press permanently delete.

Don't try to do it on more than one TiVo at a time, as it (in my case) didn't work to try and do them all. Still, only ~5 minutes total, to wait for one to finish, move on to the next, wait, then I did the third TiVo, easy-peasy, and done.

Perhaps multiple instances of KMTTG running could do multiple, concurrently, but that might have taken longer.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #18
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
I 100% agree. It's been the new norm, since TiVoMargret came along, for her to start threads, which are THE place to post observations/issues.
even though margret's roamio update thread been hijacked by off-topic discussions, half the posts debating anything except the release, you have a good point. i've seen a cross-post across three different threads - it's getting crazy.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote