TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #91
Schmye Bubbula

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Record them both on the Roamio and only pad TAR
But if The Mentalist isn't on that night and The Good Wife is, then you've missed the end of The Good Wife, no?
Schmye Bubbula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #92
jrtroo
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
How about Tivo fixing their DVRs to work properly.
Yes, of course. But that kind of a bug fix will not happen overnight, hopefully it will be included in the "spring" update.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:05 PM   #93
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Yes, of course. But that kind of a bug fix will not happen overnight, hopefully it will be included in the "spring" update.
When will that happen? Probably June 20, last day of spring.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #94
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Actually, I'm a bit annoyed that Tivo didn't fix this quickly (or yet). They KNEW this feature didn't work correctly. They took it out of an update and then added it back. This was November 2013.

Seems to me Tivo's first priority should be to make their DVR functions work correctly.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:04 PM   #95
tim1724

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Actually, I'm a bit annoyed that Tivo didn't fix this quickly (or yet). They KNEW this feature didn't work correctly. They took it out of an update and then added it back. This was November 2013.
I believe Margret posted somewhere that adding it back was an unintentional mistake.

Spring update is coming at the end of next week. There's a priority list if you want to be in the first batch to get it: http://tivo.com/priority
Old 03-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #96
ShoutingMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket777 View Post
I have season passes for such things as football and basketball games. I have set these to add 1 1/2 hours at the end. My experience is that when there's 2 end to end games on the same channel that it fails to record the second one entirely.

It shows the second one in the todo list until the first one completes and then the second one disapears and does not record with a history item saying failed to record - no longer in guide.

I've now had to keep checking the todo list for these sorts of situations and create a manual record to get both and then cancelling the others in the todo list.
This is exactly the problem I have! Amazing Race on CBS has a 1.5 hr padding. The Good Wife follows, and erratically fails to record, as you describe.
ShoutingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #97
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1724 View Post
I believe Margret posted somewhere that adding it back was an unintentional mistake.

Spring update is coming at the end of next week. There's a priority list if you want to be in the first batch to get it: http://tivo.com/priority
Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know.....can you only add 1 TSN to the priority list? I added my first Roamio and it took, but the second said it's not eligible. Also in the error page it has a conflicting statement:

"If your box is a TiVo Roamio or a TiVo Mini it will be automatically updated the day the release becomes available."

Just looking forward to being able to pad shows again.

EDIT: Margret fixed the issue for Basic TSN not being able to sign up.

-Kevin

Last edited by kbmb : 03-27-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #98
reneg

I had an overlap glitch while recording ABC last night. I have season passes for ABC series on Wednesday night, each padded 1 minute at the end.
  • The Middle - Recorded without problem
  • Suburgatory - Recorded without problem
  • Modern Family - Recording of Suburgatory
  • Mixology - Recording of Suburgatory
  • Nashville - 2.5 hour recording starting with Suburgatory, then Modern Family, Mixology, and Nashville.

All six tuners were busy between 8-9PM. First time that I've seen that happen.
reneg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:58 AM   #99
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
I had an overlap glitch while recording ABC last night. I have season passes for ABC series on Wednesday night, each padded 1 minute at the end.
  • Nashville - 2.5 hour recording starting with Suburgatory, then Modern Family, Mixology, and Nashville.

Hoping that the Spring Update is released today for anyone who signed up as that is supposed to fix this problem.

-Kevin
Old 04-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #100
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post

Which of those shows are in the 8-9 pm time slot? That should only use one tuner. You had five other recordings going then?
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #101
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Which of those shows are in the 8-9 pm time slot? That should only use one tuner. You had five other recordings going then?
In central time zone, so Modern Family & Mixology were on between 8-9.

Yes, there were five other channels recording between 8-9PM. Three people using the Roamio with very different interests in TV shows. Using all six tuners sometimes on Thursdays and Sundays too.
reneg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:03 PM   #102
andyf

Looks like the Spring Update will take care of this.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=516208
Old 04-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #103
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post

Well it turns it off at least so we can pad again. Would have been nice to have the functionality work.

-Kevin
Old 04-05-2014, 01:24 PM   #104
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post

Just tested this last night, works great, no more problems with the new update.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #105
jrock

I have had the Not Recorded and the reason Power Lost for the last 2 months since The Amazing Race came back. I always record the Amazing Race Sunday nights on CBS at 8pm and use the Max padding so + 3.5 hours because it has gone over that far in past years due to foot ball.

I also record The Mentalist at 10:00 PM every Sunday on CBS and ever since the Amazing Race has been recording it has not recorded The Mentalist due to Power Lost. I didn't realize I was even missing The Mentalist until the end of March when I saw it in the history not recorded. So I ended up watching all of March on CBS.com website. Then the next week the same thing happened. I realized at that point that ooo its on my padding. So now I can just watch it on the Amazing Race padding.

But this is some kind of bug or software glitch. I hope they figure it out.
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #106
mrconner

What I have been doing to record the good wife, mentalist, is set to record normal for good wife and add only padding to the last recording to take care of any network sports shows in the afternoon. Never missed an episode. Having the padding on the last show, there are no more recordings that I make late nite, so no interference.
mrconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:20 AM   #107
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrconner View Post
What I have been doing to record the good wife, mentalist, is set to record normal for good wife and add only padding to the last recording to take care of any network sports shows in the afternoon. Never missed an episode. Having the padding on the last show, there are no more recordings that I make late nite, so no interference.
That's works until the day the Mentalist isn't on, then you're sol on Good Wife.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:45 PM   #108
tomhorsley

Hey! I just got the commercials removed from a Doctor Who episode I recorded which overlapped another one (adjacent programs on BBC America). At last there were no audio glitches now that I'm running the new update on the TiVo, so at least this one glitch does seem to be fixed.

Now if they could only fix the glitch I always get when I'm watching live TV and a recording on that same channel starts. Maybe they could use one of the other 5 tuners for the recording versus live TV...
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:10 PM   #109
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
Hey! I just got the commercials removed from a Doctor Who episode I recorded which overlapped another one (adjacent programs on BBC America). At last there were no audio glitches now that I'm running the new update on the TiVo, so at least this one glitch does seem to be fixed.
It wasn't "fixed". They removed the code whereby the TiVo was only using one tuner for overlapping recordings on the same channel. It is back to using separate tuners.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:37 PM   #110
tomhorsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
It wasn't "fixed". They removed the code whereby the TiVo was only using one tuner for overlapping recordings on the same channel. It is back to using separate tuners.
The glitch doesn't happen. That means it is fixed. With 6 tuners, it was idiotic to even try to put in complicated code to share one tuner. There are thousands of things I'd put higher on the priority list - I don't have any idea why anyone was even working on that code in the first place.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:27 PM   #111
lpwcomp

Quote:
The glitch doesn't happen. That means it is fixed. With 6 tuners, it was idiotic to even try to put in complicated code to share one tuner. There are thousands of things I'd put higher on the priority list - I don't have any idea why anyone was even working on that code in the first place.
I see. So TiVo should ask you what their priorities should be, based on your setup and requirements, rather than trying to implement a feature people have been asking for pretty much since the beginning. What I don't understand, is why you bothered to post since anyone who has been paying attention already knew that it had been "fixed". BTW, the video glitch was the least of the problems with this feature.

As far as it being fixed, that is like my saying they could fix all of the problems with the Netflix app by removing it. After all, I don't use it.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #112
mattack

Quote:
I disagree.

I will agree that it is _LESS_ important than when there were only 1 or 2 tuners, but I still would greatly appreciate a working version of this feature.

Yes, I could put different recordings on different Tivos, but I'm one who would prefer fewer Tivos (and SP lists), so I still do get apparently one clipping issue on late night recordings sometimes (I think some of the late night shows have been in reruns lately, so it wasn't happening last week)... Since I record the various late night shows, it's a lot of recordings.

I realize this will likely be less of a problem end of this year and next year (Ferguson & Letterman go byebye).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote