Old 03-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
malverde

Plex App

I would really like to see a Plex App.
malverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:57 AM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

There were some people trying to adapt Plex to run in the Opera browser that runs on TiVos, but we discovered that the TiVo version does not support the streaming format required to make it work. Although someone just posted that TiVo and Opera updated their SDK and it mentions the streaming format specifucally (i.e. HLS) so there is hope we may see something in the future.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
malverde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
There were some people trying to adapt Plex to run in the Opera browser that runs on TiVos, but we discovered that the TiVo version does not support the streaming format required to make it work. Although someone just posted that TiVo and Opera updated their SDK and it mentions the streaming format specifucally (i.e. HLS) so there is hope we may see something in the future.
I have to admit, I am not a big fan of the Opera Store. I would prefer to have a native app (or an ability to map an app from the store)
malverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #4
joeblow8579

A quality Plex App for my TiVo is all that stands between me and only using one box, remote, and receiver input 99% of the time.

Please, people!

Why doesn't TiVo produce a native Plex (and for that matter, Amazon Prime Streaming) App?
joeblow8579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #5
jrtroo
User

Ask Plex (and for that matter, Amazon).
Old 04-02-2014, 07:51 PM   #6
tomm1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow8579 View Post
A quality Plex App for my TiVo is all that stands between me and only using one box, remote, and receiver input 99% of the time.

Please, people!

Why doesn't TiVo produce a native Plex (and for that matter, Amazon Prime Streaming) App?
same here..so i got a good TV which has HDMI pass through and use the plex app on that...

oh and a harmony
tomm1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:01 PM   #7
ntlord

Just to be clear, it is possible. Both Plex and TiVo support MPEG-dash. I was messing around with it a bit, but I just don't have the time to finish it, but I determined it was possible
ntlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #8
joeblow8579

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Ask Plex (and for that matter, Amazon).
I have and will continue to, but they likely won't get motivated to do it well without some action from TiVo.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #9
joeblow8579

Has anyone heard of anyone out there working on this? Seeing as the Roamio units support MPEG-dash, it would be a non-trivial yet non-overwhelming amount of work to get a Plex app for TiVo working.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #10
Dan203
Super Moderator

It appears that in the newest software release they have completely disabled the ability for us to launch apps in the Opera browser via kmttg, so if someone were working on this they'd have to submit it to the Opera store and then get it approved to work on TiVo. Not really ideal for testing and development.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote