TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-29-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
Pete327

Roamio Plus and Xfinity Router Can't find DHCP Server

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help.

I just got my new TiVo Roamio Plus and I can't get it to connect to my home network via wireless. It gives me a N02 error and says it can't find the DHCP server. Here's the setup:
1. Tivo Roamio Plus
2. Comcast Xfinity ARRIS TG862 router/cable modem
3. These are currently located 2 feet apart so I'm sure signal strength isn't an issue (it reads 85-100%)
4. I have the WPA/WPA2 security on the network, but I have also tried turning security off with no success either.
5. I have turned off the firewall completely.
6. I selected get IP address automatically and that I don't need a DHCP client ID. I've tried manually entering an IP address as well, no luck.
7. I completed Guided Setup using a wired Ethernet connection, which worked fine. Roamio connected to the internet and downloaded updates.
8. After guided setup completed I went back to the network settings to try again on the Wireless.

This is not my permanent location so I'd like to get Wifi to work. I know MoCA is an option but right now I'd like to figure out what's wrong.

Other points of note: My Series 3 and Series 2 connect just find over WiFi to this same router. I have rebooted the router and Roamio multiple times.

What else can I try?

Thanks.

Pete
Pete327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
tomhorsley

Did you ever enable mac address filtering on the router and then forget about it? Maybe the router is rejecting the mac?
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #3
tatergator1

The internal WiFi on the Roamio is notoriously flaky. Based on the number of complaints people have posted, I'm pretty sure there is an inherent hardware/software flaw. If I'm reading your post correctly and the Roamio is 2 feet away from the router , just get an Ethernet cable and forget wireless.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
Pete327

Tom, thanks for the suggestion. I did check this and nothing is filtered.

Tater, unfortunately this isn't my permanent location. I could run a really long Ethernet cable through my basement, but I'm not sure I want to go through the effort.

TiVo must know this is an issue but both service reps I spoke to seemed genuinely lost as to this issue. However, the second one suggested MoCA and is sending me an adapter, so I think he just gave up on trying to fix the wireless. Plus I don't think he any desire to get involved with Comcast. So that may just be the end of the story.
Pete327 is offline   Reply With Quote